Fri, Sep 20, 8:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Oh Fudge!I just installed Poser5???Oh!! very slow???

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 12:58 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:22 AM

Hey Crew;I have a pentium 4 3GHZ processor,512 ram card"I wil up-grade to 1gb or more",& screen resolution at Oh...two thousand something * two thousand something..ie.2048*2800?? well, I load a super small 3ds file= 11mb"1mb in texture files" & crap.. it takes it a flipping Eon to load???What is up with that???? Re;Freash Meat"whith my head in tha sand" Gibson..

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 1:12 AM

An eleven megabyte 3DS file is not super-small. If you translated that into Poser's native .obj format, it would probably be 38MB. The Millennium Dragon isn't even 8MB.

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 2:18 AM

which version of windows you using? if you're on XP try switching off all the lovely rounded edges that windows uses & lower the resolution 1280x1024 would be better & turn off the font smoothing it eats up resources big time.

MaterialForge ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 6:16 AM

Yeah - it's probably an OS issue; P5 flies on my 2Ghz system, with only 256MB RAM. Also - what speed and size is your hard drive, how much free space do you have on it, and what is your swap file size? Has it been defragged lately? And finally - if you have Zone Alarm installed, Poser will crawl (as will most other graphic or audio apps)

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 10:46 AM

Re:c1rcle. which version of windows you using?{Ooops!! I'm on the ball tonight..Windows XP Home} if you're on XP try switching off all the lovely rounded edges that windows uses & lower the resolution 1280x1024 would be better & turn off the font smoothing it eats up resources big time. {Thaaank You!!} Re:silver. Also - what speed and size is your hard drive, how much free space do you have on it, and what is your swap file size? Has it been defragged lately? I usualy de-frag 2X a week.The Hard drive is 80Gb & it has about almost 20Gb in uncompressed storage.The swap file is an optional selection?? 1.You can set your swap-file size or 2. you can select your minimum & maximum swap-file size{1000-2000} for the Windows operating system to manage. I would also like to include that this operating system is a huge monster!!!It has a massive Python engine&software..not to mention several different other operating features?? example;Borland..I don't even wont to start thinking about all of that tech stuff..not to mention this dino-soar is factory new but no manuals???I was crushed...there is probably 2000pg's of garb to examin... Poser5 is totaly awesome!!! Thank's gang!!!

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 10:49 AM

Ooops!!! I would forget my children if they didn't think I was a tree??? the speed on the hard drive is Umm??7200rpm..

decadence ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 1:57 PM

Just a note about defragging. Unless you are adding and deleting tons of files there is no need to defrag your drive 2 times a week. You are only really wasting your time and at two times a week brings no value. As far as using Zone Alarm and Poser or any other program ...do not turn it off unless you have to or you are disconnected from the internet via a cable modem. Zone Alarm only takes up about 8 megs of memory. I never shut off my Zone Alarm unless I'm physically disconnected from the internet.

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 2:22 PM

I only defrag about once a month if I remember & can spare the time :) Also like Decadence I never shut off ZoneAlarm, the only time I'm not connected is when my pc is switched off, I love broadband :) Installing Poser on a seperate partition from your OS is also a good idea. I'd give it at least 20Gb to play with should keep it fairly happy especially with the amount of freebies about.

TygerCub ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 7:51 AM

Do you have the latest patch for P5? That takes care of the slow issue.

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 10:03 AM

I don't know TygerCub???? I'll go check the Poser site.. Thanks..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.