Thu, Sep 19, 11:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Ok, Banner Contest Alert!!! :)

firefly ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2002 at 9:20 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:20 PM

Here's the deal :) Let me know now if you have any problems with what is listed here so we can change things if need be. There will be NO changes to the items below once the contest starts! Good Luck and Have Tons of Fun!! 1.) banners to be no larger than 300x50 pixels 2.) no particular theme, just fractals :) 3.) entry must not have been created prior to contest start date! 4.) 3 entries per person, 4 winning banners to be voted for by forum members (no more than 1 winning entry per person) 5.) banners rotate once a week each for 16 weeks (then it's time for a new contest) 6.) contest to run for one month from start date. Start date is Dec. 23, 2002 and end date is 23:55 Jan. 23, 2003. 7.) email entries to firefly@renderosity and I will post them annonomously into a thread here and announce names after voting.

audre ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2002 at 9:29 PM

okay, can moderators and admins join the contest? also, when you say 3 entries per person, i am assuming that this is even if you have mulitple rosity handles, right... that's 3 entries per physical human being, regardless of how many clones they have here. and, can banners be animated? and if so, how large can the animations be? file size i mean?

firefly ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2002 at 9:42 PM

Yes, because this contest is going to be anonomous (ya had to make me bugger that word up again huh? (grin)) I feel it's ok for all renderosity community members (except audre and firefly (erm, sorry :() to participate in this contest :) Right, 3 entries per physical human being (including and/or bean) huh... hadn't thought of animations! My personal preference is not have the forum banner animated. Also, animated fractals may make for another good contest down the road :)

stotty ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 1:24 AM

hi firefly, Can they be plain fractal banners, or is the text "Fractal Forum" to be used?

abmlober ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 4:45 AM

I am against animations, mostly they blink like alarm lights and hurt my eyes. Exceptions - shape morphs with a slow speed :-)

:rolleyes::sad:
Joy of Frax

firefly ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 10:13 PM

hmm, stotty, I think that the "Fractal Forum" name should be included in the banner :) We are proud of our little community and don't want anyone to mistake it for another one (grin) abmlober, I think even the shape morphs should be kept to a category unto themselves or with the animations. I agree with you that it will be much easier on everyone if the banner is static.

firefly ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 10:18 PM

ok, we've altered things a bit and here's how it stands :) Let me know what you think! Oh ya, the prize will be your placement at the top of the forum :) The Banner! 1.) banners to be no larger than 300x50 pixels and must contain "Fractal Forum" in it somewhere! 2.) banners are to be static, no animations or morphs (that will be another contest (smiles)) 3.) no particular theme, just fractals :) 4.) entry must not have been created prior to contest start date! 5.) 3 entries per actual person, 4 winning banners to be voted for. (no more than 1 winning entry per person) 6.) All are welcome to participate except for the two fractal forum moderators! 7.) banners rotate once a week each for 16 weeks (then it's time for a new contest) 8.) contest to run for one month from start date. Start date is Dec. 23, 2002 and end date is 23:55 Jan. 23, 2003. 9.) email entries to firefly@renderosity and I will post them annonomously into a thread here and announce names after voting.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.