Sat, Sep 21, 6:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: V3 clothing

Himico ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 2:52 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:34 PM

After I bought V3, I was wondering. Any way we could use Vicky clothing for V3? I spent lots of money for Vicky clothing at DAZ recently. All of them are useless for V3 ? Do I have to spend lots of money for V3 again? Any conversion program ? Can we use V3 texture on eV3 to V2f ?

Niki ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 3:09 PM

For texture yes you can use all V2 just download the UV's on DAZ V3 site and get the UVmapper..- for clothes .. hum get the same problems, the bones structure is ok but not the size of it... Niki

leather-guy ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 3:37 PM

This has been discussed in several threads in the past 3 pages here since V3 release - consensus seems to be Prop clothing may work if you tweak it a bit - conforming clothes isn't set up right. If you have P5 you can try the excellent tutorials at PoserFashion to fit clothes from one figure onto another - or in P4 you can try the old trick of using clothes for the wrong figure and just posing them separately to cover the character (adjusting as needed for the specific pose, and sometimes making body parts invisible).

Niki ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 3:47 PM

Well i see you idea but i'm making comics so to do all thje poses that way will take to long. Is a good idea but if you just do a pinup one pose :o) I wil look to do that on C4d may work better and faster, thanks any way Niki

RNKarenER ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 4:34 PM

OK. for those of us who need to ask a stupid question. What is a UV mapper and how does it make the clothes work? Thanks

mikes ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 4:49 PM

Nobody's heard of Planned Obsolescence?? (Daz has)

Zenman53186 ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 5:37 PM

UVmapper is a program that allows you to define the texture map for an object mesh (among other things). It can allow you replace the UVMapping of an object by importing a new UV definition. So you can change the UVMapping of V3 by importing a definition to allow V3 to use V2 textures.

hankim ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 3:44 AM

Well, we all witnessed the screams and tears when P5 relied heavily on P4 code, and was not sufficiently different. DAZ took the opposite approach, and gave us a very advanced figure, at the expense of backward-compatibility. Yeah, I'll have to buy new clothes, but man, I really love the fact that she can at long last raise her arms and bend her elbows :-)

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 5:59 AM

I hear you hankim!! Marque

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.