Tue, Sep 24, 5:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 5:06 pm)

Subject: By request: How to map V2 textures to V3 - Step by step

ChromeTiger ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 1:38 AM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 9:27 PM

Ok, I was asked, very nicely, to detail the steps to apply the V2 materials and mapping to V3, in order to give you a V3 figure capable of using the plethora of V1/V2 textures out there. So, here is my first shot at an actual 'tutorial'...may it serve to aid those who need a little light along the path... For this, you will need the following items: 1. Victoria 3 (obviously) 2. The V3/V2 UVS files from DAZ (available on the Victoria 3 Base page 3. UV Mapper, available from www.uvmapper.com Before you start, MAKE A COPY OF YOUR blMilWom_v3.obj FILE! This way you are prepared should something go wrong. Now, here are the steps to remap V3: 1. Load V3 into your Poser directory structure. 2. Start UVMapper 3. In UVMapper, Hit FILE-->LOAD MODEL 4. Navigate to the blMilWom_v3.obj file, normally located in GeometriesDAZPeopleMilWom 5. Hit FILE-->IMPORT UVS 6. Locate the blMilWom_V3_V2UVs.uvs file, wherever you installed it to. 7. Allow the file to load, you should see the remapping occur. 8. Repeat steps 5-7 with blMilWom_V3_V2UVs-mat.uvs, which should be in the same directory. 9. Hit FILE-->SAVE MODEL 10. Make sure ONLY the following boxes are checked: a. Export Normals b. Export UV Coordinates c. Export Materials d. Export UV Mapper Regions 11. Hit OK 12. Save the OBJ to the same directory as blMilWom_V3.obj with a NEW FILE NAME. I recommend something like blMilWom_V3_V2Map.obj, so it can be recognised. You now have V3's geometry mapped to accept V2 textures. But you don't have her ready to load into Poser yet...so we're not quite done. These steps will give you a ready to load character once you open Poser: 1. Navigate to the folder containing your Victoria 3 CR2 file. 2. Copy and paste your Victoria 3.cr2 file, in the same directory. 3. Rename the copy "Vicki 3 V2 Map.cr2" (no quotes) 4. Repeat steps 1-3 with Victoria 3.png as well. 5. Open Vicki 3 V2 Map.cr2 in your favorite text editor (I use WordPad) 6. Highlight the first occurance of blMilWom_v3.obj in the text. 7. Hit EDIT-->REPLACE 8. blMilWom_v3.obj should already appear in the first text line. In the second text line, put the name of your remapped OBJ file (blMilWom_V3_V2Map.obj). 9. Hit the REPLACE ALL button (for WordPad) 10. Exit WordPad, and save the file. Now, if everything went smoothly, you can open Poser, and you'll fined a new character where you find V3: Vicki 3 V2 Map. Load her up. You'll notice she doesn't look quite right...that's ok, don't panic. She looks slightly different because she's been remapped a bit. She'll look better in a moment. Once she's loaded, apply a V2 MAT file to her. If all goes well, you'll see her spring to life with her V2 texture in place. Now note, you may still run into some hiccups here and there using your V2 MATs and/or texture files. But this method seems to work, as far as I've been able to test. I hope this information comes in handy. Have fun! CT

quixote ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 1:45 AM

Thanks

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

ChromeTiger ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 1:53 AM

Of course now I see rbtwhiz has posted a how-to as well, which clears up a thing or two...you only need to load ONE of the UVS files, not both... But hey, I was close... :-)

kayjay97 ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 2:16 AM

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so very much!!!

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 1:07 PM

Note: you realy don't need "Export Normals". Your OBJ will be smaller and Poser don't need them.

IsauraS ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 11:05 PM

Thank you! This helped me a lot.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 5:31 AM

This is great how you did this. Thank you....Sharen

Rhiannon ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 11:57 PM
Online Now!

This is great, and it worked wonderfully, up until the part where I tried to load the new figure. LOL! Then it gave me the same 'ole tired error message I get when an .rsr has been corrupted ... usually deleting the corresponding .rsr will fix the problem ... however, since there is no .rsr for this new file, not sure what else I can do. :-) I'm using 4.03 ... if anyone has any ideas, it would surely be appreciated!

Simderella ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 7:42 PM

file_37451.jpg

ummm ok.. i followed the steps and this is the result... Have there been any developments.. she umm looks very very odd!!! -=SimderZ=-

My Gallery

RNKarenER ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2003 at 8:37 AM

I have the UVmapper.... but it is so complicated! Not to mention, the download is free, but the key to unlock it isnt! any instructions for those of us who need it... (sheepish grin here) Thank you Karen

Rhiannon ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2003 at 10:37 AM
Online Now!

Did you download the beta version of UVMapper or UV Mapper Pro ... I didn't need a key for the beta version, you must have downloaded the Pro version, yes?

RNKarenER ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2003 at 10:55 PM

I dunno~ I bought a texture that said I needed a UVmappper, and gave a site.. I went there, downloaded it and it wants me to pay! The nerve! LOL... Where can i get the FREE version???

quixote ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2003 at 12:43 AM

Same site. The non pro version. UV mapper classic.

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

RNKarenER ( ) posted Fri, 10 January 2003 at 8:19 AM

Thanks~~~~~

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.