Sat, Sep 21, 6:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: AOY - Unofficial Popular Vote

Spit ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 6:05 PM

GEVIDAL!!!!!!

Wadus ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 6:06 PM

Eric Claeys...

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 6:18 PM

Damn this reminds me of the way nominations were made for AOM way back when lol.

Cheers ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 6:26 PM

nitro115

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

quixote ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 6:35 PM

Having suggested this, I now abstain. They also serve who suggest and abstain.:) Top notch artists all, though. Q

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

dragongirl ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 6:39 PM

You know, I actually prefer the anonymous vote I already cast in the online poll before.

ScottA ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 6:39 PM

Since I'm not qualified to judge people on art. I guess I choose: Legume-------->Because he's got everyone snowed into thinking he's a jerk. When he actually is very nice guy.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 7:08 PM

Legume - not bogged down with NVITWS crap.

andygraph ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 7:10 PM

:( .. the art is dead

Lisas_Botanicals ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 7:11 PM

Legume - for opening my eyes to see that which I may not have otherwise seen

Niles ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 7:20 PM

All of the above... personal fav is Cneofotistos.

Madrigal ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 7:25 PM
Roy G ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 7:28 PM

Carles_P Because... Well... Go look.

badmoon ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 7:37 PM

First......Legume Second.....CharlesP Third......nitro115

jr221 ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 8:48 PM

nitro115 Carles_P Legume

Kinouk ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 8:59 PM

ToxicAngel

tasquah ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 9:08 PM

First goes to ToxicAngel ( what can i say I like erotic edgy chicks ) Then Carles_P and last but not least gevidal who can make a Bryce primitive come alive .

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 9:19 PM

Rohi

jje ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 10:52 PM

Legume

AprilYSH ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 11:08 PM

gevidal

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

bikermouse ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 11:20 PM

First "The Golden Door" - gevidel of mention in order: "old cart" - Carles P "panaramic view of the cave" - hobbyhoppeer "Elfa Stormwood" - LeDiscot

Darkginger ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 1:21 AM

cneofotistos - I got to his gallery and was stuck there for over an hour - amazing content!

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 1:30 AM

1:-rohi 2:-gevidal 3:-legume. Had to miss out Carles P because I have to agree about the good doc, you can't miss him out

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Tunames ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 1:50 AM

ToxicAngel

bijouchat ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 2:33 AM

ToxicAngel

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 2:46 AM

After visiting the galleries and being duly impressed by pictures which appeal to the eye and pictures which appeal to the gonads and pictures which appeal to the heart, I will vote for LEGUME. His work appeals to the mind, yet is technically proficient with a variety of treatments, using whatever is necessary to get his message across. Carolly

bijouchat ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 3:06 AM

well, I'm not voting for politicians... I just look at the technical and aesthetic aspects of the work, and how it comes across to me. I have nothing against naked people, for me the human body is beautiful, nude or with clothes. So my vote goes to ToxicAngel, simply because I feel TA creates beautiful scenes, and puts life into his characters and scenes, with a stunning amount of realism that shows his skill with the 3d medium. Its not easy to do what he does with the skill he does it. I'm sick of seeing a great artist here run down over his subject matter! If you're voting for Legume, vote for him because you like his work, don't vote for him because you are protesting naked Vickies! Because this is not fair to ToxicAngel, its also not fair to the other artists that work in other media and have no Vickies at all in their work... TA's work is a LOT more than a click and render naked Vickie and I'm sick of seeing it run down like that!

bijouchat ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 3:13 AM

also I don't feel this forum poll is a very accurate sampling of the majority of people that vote and comment in the Renderosity galleries. But then, I don't feel that a popular vote is an accurate judge of what's good art anyway. I'd rather have a juried panel of real artists that work over a variety of 2d and 3d media (not Rosity staffers and not just Poser artists either) do an impartial judging.

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 3:34 AM

bijouchat, I'd have to agree with you, especially the second part of your post at 3:06RT. An apreciation of art should not be a political protest. If I'd felt ToxicAngel's work was the best, I would not have hesitated to vote for it. No offense to Legume,but I was almost shocked to see some of those votes - I knew something was going on other than an appreciation of art. Thanks for clearing it up for me. - TJ

cambert ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 3:45 AM

cneofotistos

BlueArdor ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 5:49 AM

Well since this is unofficial... Carles and Rohi share my vote.

ming ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 6:42 AM

Anybody but Legume. The art and ideas are fine, but overdoing the "I'm oh so clever" thing.

JettBoy ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 6:50 AM

Unofficial personal opinion...Legume. Coming from a gallery background originally, I think his work would be just as shocking, just as thought-provoking, just as intelligent/ridiculous in ANY medium. Legume could, and most likely would, actually still be an artist if Poser had never been released...there's a huge amount of people 'round here I couldn't say the same for.

asrai ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 7:03 AM

As long as it comes down to rohi, ToxicAngel, Carles P or gevidal...

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 7:41 AM

I'll join Mosca in Boycotting this, sorry Jeff good try tho.

Talatech ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 8:06 AM

Legume.

bijouchat ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 8:07 AM

well Jettboy, after reading several of your posts I'm not surprised you'd vote for Legume. After all, quality of art skills no longer matter in art now do they? I'll agree that Legume provokes a reaction, deliberately so (so do political pundits, and they aren't artists either) and probably his art would fit well in a modern art gallery next to the guy that piled 30 radios up in the corner or painted 4 canvas the same colour as the wall... (yeah, I actually saw art like this hanging in two different modern art museums in Paris last year) but I think there are many other artists on this site and in the running that display more artistic craftsmanship in their work. As for me, I started drawing when I was 10 years old. (34 years old now) I won my first art contest in school at 12 years old. I have won money in art contests, and as a side note I have even won state music contests when I was in high school. And this was LONG before there ever was anything called Poser... or even a personal computer capable of creating art. (in those days, all you could use a PC for was simple games or office work!) I can quite easily pick up a PENCIL and draw whatever I want. And ToxicAngel can too. I like to see people that can mix 2d and 3d artwork with skill, and that's why I like looking at Toxic's work. It helps me with my own work. By Legume's own admission I saw once, he is not able to draw. What do I learn from Legume's work? I laugh at it of course, but I don't learn any art skills I don't already have. I probably could learn a few political skills I guess, though. I won't hold it against him, its what he does and he does it well, but Jettboy, you need to look at the person you're voting for before making stupid comments like quote: "Legume could, and most likely would, actually still be an artist if Poser had never been released" because by his own admission Legume CAN'T draw.

nnuu ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 8:17 AM

toxic angel

Jackie ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 8:33 AM

Wonders why this thread has not been banished to the OT forum, since it is WAY OT.... However....I will vote AGAIN... Not that it matters... Note to Nominees....You all in your own style are fantastic artists...IMHO you all win....along with countless others who were not in the running. Yes, Legume too, because there is art, and creativity in being able to cause such a ruckus...he shoud get a special award IMHO for creatively managing to disrupt the class in style. I voted for Gevidal.

elsja ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 8:33 AM

Very difficult choose. I prefer Carles_P for its "Pirates Cove" image. Cheers Guy

bijouchat ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 8:50 AM

I believe it started way off topic, thanks to the person that first posted the topic. As for the thread, its staying pretty well on topic for the most part. Why is an unoffical poll for all the artists from all kinds of media on this site doing in the Poser gallery anyway? To be fair, this topic should have been posted in all the topic forums so more people could see it. Just goes to prove my long-held assumption that there's a strong Poser bias on this site. Now I like ToxicAngel's work, but that's because the guy can handle a 2d program as well as a 3d one, and everytime I see his hair painting I am in absolute amazement at his painting skills. There are some other 3d artists in the running that stun me with their skill too. It was a hard choice for me to make. The Legume supporters got their say more than enough by slamming ToxicAngel's subject matter, and most probably they have skewed the vote by it. My point is that ToxicAngel is one of the great artists on this site and didn't deserve the pummeling these folks gave him. I guess I'm pretty clueless about the politics in this Poser community (this is probably a good thing) but I'm just stating my oft-ignored opinion. It sucks what they did, and I'm saying so. I still think, (I'm sure its going to be ignored too) that the contest needs an impartial jury to hand over the title without any more tainting of the process. As it stands now, a popular vote and a staff voting is tainted by this controversy, and an impartial panel of respected artists could pull this situation out to a good one for all concerned. It could even end up being that nobody from the Poser community wins.

Jackie ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 8:58 AM

Just a note... "Legume Supporters" LOL.... the radical ones...most ofen self proclaimed....no doubt, and they should get the brunt of the tomatoes, not Legume.

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 10:58 AM

Please accept my vote for gevidal. This was a difficult choice. I admire all twelve artists! Thank you, JeffH and Renderosity Staff for offering this popular poll.

jade_nyc ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 1:06 PM

nitro115

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 2:08 PM

Although there may be a few who vote for Doc for the sheer "protest" of it, I think most feel the way carolly so eloquently put it. I know I do. Nobody should be telling anyone else who to vote for or demeaning their choices because you THINK they aren't doing it for the "right" reasons. " After visiting the galleries and being duly impressed by pictures which appeal to the eye and pictures which appeal to the gonads and pictures which appeal to the heart, I will vote for LEGUME. His work appeals to the mind, yet is technically proficient with a variety of treatments, using whatever is necessary to get his message across." No slamming the others, they are all excellent in their own ways. Just a vote for the artist who has impressed me the most with his creativity. Legume.

nikitacreed ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 6:07 PM

gevidal

elgeneralisimo ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 9:10 PM

farce: 1a. A light dramatic work in which highly improbable plot situations, exaggerated characters, and often slapstick elements are used for humorous effect. b. The branch of literature constituting such works. c. The broad or spirited humor characteristic of such works. 2. A ludicrous, empty show; a mockery: The fixed election was a farce. 3. A seasoned stuffing, as for roasted turkey.

futility: 1. The quality of having no useful result; uselessness. 2. Lack of importance or purpose; frivolousness. 3. A futile act.

AOY: 1. Legume 2. It really doesn't matter since first place is the only place that counts.

For those scoring at home: each subject; the poll, this thread, and who elgeneralisimo thinks should be AOY, were defined solely on their own merits...

ASalina ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 1:18 AM

This is a valiant idea Jeff, but the lack of anonimity
causes several problems.

First of all, some may not wish to hurt the feelings of
contestants. And second, the fact that the vote is exposed
to view in progress may cause a tug-of-war effect where
voters are influenced by the votes of others.

volfin ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 8:27 AM

I vote for Legume! Because I like beans! (oh.. and his art rocks too)

MadYuri ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 2:19 PM

Legume

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.