Sat, Sep 21, 10:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:01 am)

Subject: Got V2 Clothes to Fit V3 Real Easily (with help of Tailor)

LordNakagawa ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 12:56 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:34 AM

file_38212.jpg

OK heres what I did. I made a manikin based on V2 and a full body morph to make it into V3. Difficult but not frightfully diffcult. This is not a posable character but a chater with only one body part. But so what! Tailor still accepts it as a regular figure. As yo can the catsuit fits perfectly. Yes you read it coreectly the catsuit!!!!! You know th e one thats so tight that barely fits V2 who its desinged for? One I got the V3 morph on it, I just applied FyreSprytes V3 Joint parameters pose file at http://www.shininghalf.com/desprit/downloads/V2clothesToV3.zip. Just one problem- since V3 only has one neck part you have finagle teh Cr2 to get the upper neck to conform to eth head. You have to change all occuarnces of "upperneck" to "head" except for the one beginig with "geomHandlerGeom 13" the But since few clothing have parts for teh upper neck it shoudl be OK. I found these worked fine without having to regoup

LordNakagawa ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 1:04 AM

file_38213.jpg

Oh and hers a sampel of Billy T's Leather set took only a couple minutes

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 1:14 AM

Looks great, how did you make the body morph? In poser or another app. Tashar 59

LordNakagawa ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 1:20 AM

file_38214.jpg

Oh and here the base manikin As you see it does look anything like Vicky but it works for Tailor. If you all are interested I can post if if I can find a place to host it. it is a large download, But I do not know how large - right now I'm too busy seeing hoe well Maid outfit converts

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 1:26 AM

blink I'm trying to completely understand what you did. Does the cr2 for the solid figure have any parts at all?

Orio ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 1:45 AM

Sigh... :-( has anyone understood the how-to and could explain please? I'm very much interested!

milamber42 ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 1:51 AM

-bookmark-

Larry F ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 1:58 AM

ditto

Lapis ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 2:01 AM

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 2:15 AM

I'll wait for Prof to explain. Bookmark.

Migal ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 2:27 AM

.........*

LordNakagawa ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 2:30 AM

Attached Link: http://store.daz3d.com/catalog/product.php?pidx=1373&paridx=0

Sorry my english she is not too good. You use for figure in tailor to make morph. I've posted it on freestuff. (900k only) Its really easy but you need the Tailor available from DAz PS If you want to know what I did to teh catsuit cr2 just open in it is the text editor

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 3:12 AM

Thanks, LordNakagawa :) It works pretty well!

quixote ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 3:27 AM

::

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

Roy G ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 4:32 AM

Greebo ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 4:57 AM

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 5:05 AM

Still not understanding, could someone please put the steps down? Mine isn't working at all. Thanks, Marque

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 5:16 AM

Well, it's working but not the way his is...lol If someone figures out how to do other clothing could you list the steps please? Thanks LordNakagawa, Vickie 3 needs all the clothes she can get! Marque

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 5:18 AM

Marque, Load the mannekin in Tailor as the base figure. Load a Vicky clothing item as the dress. Select the V3 morph in the body of the dress (Tailor should automatically set "Morph acts as one body morph") Create Morph in the Dress Save the Dress Done!

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 5:33 AM

file_38215.jpg

Ok, playing with it and got it to work to a certain extent. I think I must be doing something wrong but at least it's partially working for me. Very exciting stuffage! Marque

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 5:34 AM

The back still has problems, I guess I use the magnets for that? Thanks, Marque

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 5:46 AM

Yeah I think some magnet adjustments will have to be made on some clothing. I converted Anton's Popstars sweater and had to add a magnet to tighten up the cleavage and fix the breasts some. Its better than nothing but magnets, which has driven me insane after several days of trying to make a global magnet conversion set for V3. :)

SimonWM ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 7:00 AM

file_38216.jpg

Tried it on JeanZ but I get some malformation of vertices in the crotch area after I conform the Jeans, If I don't conform them they look fine but don't fit or won't follow the figure of course.

Simderella ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 7:09 AM

umm..... i thought i was pretty got at using poser.. but well i have Tailor but i have never used it.. I haven't a clue.... LOL... maybe some kind soul could set up a step by step tutorial on how to do this with nice easy pictures (wow i feel dumb). but i have soooooo many beautiful things for V2 and now i have the amazing V3 i'd like her to share clothes... The bikini is ok, but well a galz gotta have more than one skimpy lil' bikini... hehehehe I will have a go with the tailor, but since i have ZERO experiance with it... all these technical terms are flying way way above my head.... teehee Many Thanks -=Simderella=-

My Gallery

Desdemmonna ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 7:34 AM

bookmark.

VI_Knight ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 8:36 AM

LordNakagawa ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 9:12 AM

Attached Link: http://www.shininghalf.com/desprit/downloads/V2clothesToV3.zip

Hemm works fine for me. I thik the problem here is that making the the morphs is only half the story. Are you remebering to reset the joint parenters? The easiest -but imperfect- is with with FyreSpryte's Jp poses (link above) Is the catsuit working for everyone?????

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 9:35 AM

It worked great except for the shins, and I can make her shins invisible. I need to read up on magnets and joint parameters though. Thanks again for sharing this, I wasn't complaining about your ideas was complaining more I think about my lack of knowledge. 8^) Marque

FireHorse ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 9:38 AM

SimonWM ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 9:43 AM

file_38217.jpg

LordNakagawa, that Pose file Vic3JPs.pz2 did the trick!! THANKS!!! JeanZ fits good now!!!

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 10:22 AM

file_38218.jpg

::kisses LordNakagawa:: (Don't worry, I'm cute.) I was hoping someone would do something like this! It works just spiffy for me. Do remember to reset the joint parameters. The one of the left is BatLabs' Killy suit just morphed. The one on the right is with the joint parameters reset (just using the JP pose). There's a little pokeage at the hip (which is there for Vicki2, so it's to be expected) and a bit at the chest that can be morphed away pretty easily. This definitely opens up my possibilities.

Oh, it's "Spiryt", not "Spryte", BTW.

FishNose ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 10:32 AM

Geez, you guys are amazing!!! This is just TOO COOL.... Now I'll HAVE to buy V3. Who shall I send the account to? Who should I blame? :o) :] Fish

Momcat ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 11:10 AM

Are the CR2s for the converted clothing distributable?

pokeydots ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 11:42 AM

bookmark :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 11:42 AM

Grumbles, not able to use tailor

pokeydots ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 12:20 PM

file_38219.jpg

It works!!!!! Yeah Thank you LordNakagawa, and FyreSpryte!! here is the dress coat italia from Daz's :) Does this work on boots and shoes too? By the way what is the latest version of the Tailor?

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

pokeydots ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 1:35 PM

file_38220.jpg

Well I'm getting the hang of this, except the fact that when I try to conform the clothing it goes wacky! So on the olympians outfit, I did everything as above but just parented the clothing to the body, posed V3, then added the same pose to the clothing and it worked perfect! Here is the olympian converted :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

milamber42 ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 2:00 PM

LordNakagawa,

Thank you for creating the Manikin. I was trying the same thing with V3 obj slimmed with a Stephanie morph. The morphs transfer faster using the manikin than using V3 as the base. Now, on to the hosting suggestion.

Since DAZ sells both The Tailor and Victoria 3, mabye they will host the manikin. And, a tutorial on the process could be added to Arcana tutorials.

Just a thought :)

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 2:20 PM

ummmm, what about morphs? If I get the clothes to fit and look great, and then do the pregnant morph is everything gunna blow up (whew bad pun sorry). I'm still trying to figure this out, so can't answer my own question by playing yet.

Dagon ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 2:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=752415

If after "tailoring" your outfit, this one jumps at the ceiling... please read Scifiguy's post in the thread above (see link)

LordNakagawa,
Thank you so much for the Manikin !!

-Dagon

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 3:26 PM

Working good for me with miner adjustment on some clothes, none on others. Now has anyone tried exporting the converted clothes as objects then importing them back in. I was thinking on the line of being able to use tailer to add V3 pbm's. Tashar 59

Doug1 ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 7:01 PM

file_38221.jpg

It works it works it works it works thanks for saving my entire clothing collection!

littlefox ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 1:53 AM

file_38225.jpg

*whimpers* Well it worked fine right up until the Vic3JPs.pz2 part.... then something funky happened. This is the SciFi Pants from Daz... Went through the same steps above. Load Manikin, Load pants, select V3 morph, create body morph, save..... loaded it, it sorta fit and then did the joint pose bit and the feet horked. Without it conformed to V3, the feet are suddenly separate from the legs with a big elastic band between them and the ankles, looking very funky and conformed.... well... have a look.... Help?

wenke ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 6:56 AM

file_38226.jpg

Littlefox, I had the same problem with Boots. Look at my first image.

wenke ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 6:59 AM

file_38227.jpg

But its easy to change. Just choose the right foot and the left and look at xTran, yTran and zTran and change them to 0. (2. Image)

littlefox ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 7:54 AM

THANKS MUCH!!! That really helped! Now to go get those ripples to stop ;)

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 8:37 AM

Turn off IK. Damn thing gets me all the bloody time.

littlefox ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 9:14 AM

Okay groans Tried doing the same thing for the DresscoatItalia Boots when they pulled the same stunt of the feet jumping to the side.... but the boots don't have any X,Y or ZTrans.... Know this is probably a really easy fix but I have no idea how to pull it off.....

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 12:15 PM

Try reconforming them, maybe? Weird stuff happens to me because of crosstalk in P4; I usually have to reconform and repose the figure. I don't know what will happen in Poser 5.

Spit ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 5:16 PM

I have and have used the Tailor before so it's not new to me. But I can't get this method to work and the clothes won't fit Vicky 3. The top part is usually okay but from the waist and hips down the clothes just don't fit. So what am I doing wrong? I'm also applying the JP thang and am using ProPack for this. Sigh.

littlefox ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 5:20 PM

Hmmms Tried Reconforminging them but they're still doing it... I'm positive that the translation thing would fix it if the dials were still there.... anyone know how to get it to give back the dials?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.