Tue, Oct 22, 7:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: more hdri renderings

zappazorn ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 8:38 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:32 AM

file_38686.jpg

still playing around with the hdri thing. i modeled the lightbulb in max 3.1, and have only one light in the scene.

zappazorn ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 8:40 PM

file_38687.jpg

oh yeah, i also did some postwork in photoshop. heres another one.

TMGraphics ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 10:51 PM

Nicely done! Are you using the one light in the scene for the darker shadow effect?

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 11:50 PM

Is this a visual pun or what? You render a light bulb and say there is one light in the scene. Get it? LOL 8^) Nice job BTW.

zappazorn ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 2:41 AM

file_38688.jpg

hey groingrinder, thats funny. techically there is two lights, but only one is on. yeah, im using the light for the shadow effect. in my other hdri scenes i used no lights, and just used highly reflective materials, but it would suck cuz i wasnt able to get much color unless i cranked up the ambiance, wich didnt look too good. first i tried using a combo of fake hdri and gi using a light dome, but my computer wasnt handling it to well. so i just used one cone shaped light, flattened it out and made it big enough to cover the scene, then i played around with the light settings till i got something i liked. i was actually suprised with the results, i got a pretty descent gi look with only one light. and it definatly saved some render time. i just finished another one, i think this one is even better as far the shadows go, they seem less harsh. i cant remember what settings i used for the light though, i'll have to go back and check if anyone is interested.

ttops ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 4:58 AM

That looks fantastic.

Ornlu ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 1:21 AM

I agree it looks fantastic, but I find that using multiple lights with NO blur makes for better shadows. no dithering as in the ones in the last pic.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.