Fri, Sep 20, 3:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: !Postwork Fur...Help/Advice!

MiKo0 ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 11:38 AM · edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 10:13 PM

file_38328.jpg

First of all, hope everyone had a good x-mas. secondly, Just a small question to ask all of those that paint hair/fur in postwork. Ok, this is my FIRST attempt at painting anything like fur/hair in postwork so bear with me. And ignore everything else in the pic..ie background etc..just wanted to kill the white Ok...The question.. When I paint the fur at the rendered image size(twice that of posting size), it seems to look fine, it flows etc, but when I reduce the image, I seem to lose all the detail, and the fur becomes...lifeless! short lengths etc (see image) I was wondering is there a better way to paint it... ie do I use a larger brush when working in twice the size, make my strokes longer, so when I reduce the image the flow of the fur doesn't seem to be lost..? Is there a certain amount of pressure I should use for the smudge brush..? At the mo I'm working in anything from 5%-25% I've seem some fantastic images posted on here where the fur looks superb, it flows.. Any help/advice from you guys/gals would be great, so thanks in advance :)

ladydawg ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 12:46 PM

When I use the smudge brush, I make a duplicate of the fur base first just in case and then I use my fave small hair brush smudged at 68-75%. As for length, I go several lengths that way it doesn't look too fixed in size.... When I start to get a soft furry look, I then take the medium color of the fur and airbrush with a 1 pixel brush on a new layer, and just draw scatterings of lines to enphasize the flow. I repeat the same thing two more time only I set the brush to screen on one, and multiply on the other. When all done, I then take a very soft burn brush set at 2-3% midtones and burn the edges, so it gives more dimension.... One little thing I do when I reduce it and lose some of the detail. I create a duplicate and sharpen then I just reduce the opacity on the layer a little so it is so harsh, ans then I just erase the parts I don't want in there out..... Man I hope this makes sense.... I've been partying all night celebrating Cleveland win and playoff berth..... my head is kinda fuzzy and furry.... Dee AKA Ladydawg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.