Fri, Sep 20, 7:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:17 pm)

Subject: Need help with freebie bo derek hair!

Karma ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 5:12 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:16 PM

file_39307.jpg

I need help with the bo derek hair in the free section by janmp (great hair btw). I am using P5. Everytime when I render, the braids/bangs in the front are always shaded brown. I used the MAT files and tried to manually apply them but always had the same effect. I also tried to render in P4 engine, used different lights, and does the same. Please help!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 5:17 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1027877&Reply=1028351#3

Yours still look a lot better than mine :( I'm not sure what is wrong. You ARE using the Blonde tex, right? Here's my Blonde :o/ (at the link)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Karma ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 5:33 PM

Yah, this is the blonde tex, does the same with all the textures. Everything but the bangs looks right. I've seen many images in the gallery with this hair, how do they get it to look right??

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 7:11 PM

It looks like she's bald under the hair prop. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that's unnatural, or maybe somebody has another prop to use under the beaded hair prop so she doesn't look bald.

Patricia ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 7:25 PM

I wish some talented person would make a 'rows' transparency for this hair, like the one used with Cool Coils...(hint, hint) ;) It would cure the 'baldness' and make close-ups possible.

BillyGoat ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 8:33 PM

Vairesh has them included in his hair products. So does Dark Whisper.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 8:44 PM

Is the ambient, hilight and reflective colors and settings all the same for that part of the hair as it is for the other part of the hair? I'd check that. Laurie

Karma ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 8:59 PM

yeah, checked it, according to the hair, all the strands are the same.

lgrant ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 9:02 PM

The ends of the bangs seem to be blonde, so the color is likely correct. I wonder if the polygons are inverted on the bangs, or double sided. Might be interesting to try rendering it with "Remove backfacing polygons" checked in the render options.

lgrant ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 9:47 PM

Yes...the bangs are inside out. I'll drop janmp a line about fixing it, but meanwhile, if you have UV Mapper, you can fix it yourself. Open the BO_DerekHair.hr2 file in UV Mapper (yes, it can open them). Ignore the message about the UV Coordinates being out of range--that's just because they're tiled in the vertical direction. Pick Select/Select By/Group from the toolbar. Holding down the CTRL key, select these 11 groups: Figure_115, Figure_116, Figure_117, Figure_118, Figure_119, Figure_120, Figure_121, Figure_130, Figure_131, Figure_132, and Figure_133. From the toolbar, pick Tools/Facets/Invert. That will turn the bangs right side out. Now save the model (uncheck "Export normals") as BO_DerekHair.obj. To use it in Poser, import the OBJ file (File/Import/Wavefront OBJ...), and set the "hair" material zone to point to the original hair map. (You can actually paste the OBJ file back into the HR2 file, but it's a little tricky, and too much to go into here.) Once you do this, the bangs show up fine. BTW, if you are using the free UV Mapper Classic, and there isn't a Tools/Facets/Invert option, then you may have to get the UV Mapper Pro version. I think the free version has it, but I'm not sure. Good luck, lynn

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2003 at 1:31 PM

Not in the Classic version as far as I can see.

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2003 at 2:30 PM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.