Fri, Sep 20, 8:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Why is this happening... weirdness in P5 render...

DocMatter ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 8:32 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:26 AM

file_39383.jpg

I finally got the clothroom to work for me by fitting this tanktop on Stephanie, but as you can see, the texture went goofy! I just have white applied to the diffuse color and black to everything else...no texture map or transparancy. Any suggestions or ideas?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 9:06 PM

Could be your render options. Remove backfacing polygons? Polygon smoothing?

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 9:41 PM

I thought maybe her breasts were too large, causing the top to blow up/stretch :)

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

queri ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 10:43 PM

Is Steffy Stax P 5 compatible? I thought there were some issues over magnets-- I know they got the scaling resolved. Maybe she'll just have to be naked. Oh well.:)) Emily

DocMatter ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 11:25 PM

I tried all different combinations of render settings, including smoothing and backfacing polygons, and nothing seemed to help. I even tried the P4 renderer. I looked at it in wireframe mode, thinking that the stretching damaged some polygons, but the marks I'm seeing in the render don't seem to coincide with anything. I'm baffled!!

gstorme ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2003 at 1:06 AM

Some polygons in the dress got normal-reversed. It is not skin you see poking thru. It is the default background (look in the material room). This usually happens when the cloth polygons are INSIDE Stef when you start the clothify process. It is very important to make sure everything of the cloth is outside, not intersecting with the Stef figure. If you want to correct this particular dress, you will need a 3D modeller program. Poser cannot correct it.

lululee ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2003 at 10:27 AM

This has nothing to do with P5, but I have used these magnets quite a bit to get tops to fit some of my buxom ladies. http://www.spectreware.com/free.htm I take the mag dials from 200 to around 116, trans the x and y to get the proper fit. Then you can spawn morphs for the Left and right collar, the chest, then a complete body morph. I tweak just the mag dials, not the zones. Cheerio

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.