Sat, Sep 21, 12:53 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: Got V2 Clothes to Fit V3 Real Easily (with help of Tailor)

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 5:35 PM

Turn IK on for each leg. That'll give you the dials to move the feet around.

Spit ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 6:12 PM

file_38228.jpg

For the dresscoat Italia boots they work better WITHOUT applying the V3 JP's. Still a bit of pokage as you can see. I also hid V3's feet and toes. And bent the boots: Feet at 28 and toes at 34.

I think my problem with the other stuff is the clothes I chose. With what I used I guess I have to adjust the spherical falloffs and all that good stuff. Tight fitting clothes work very well however.

littlefox ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 8:33 PM

Thanks so much, you're right, Just left off the JP fix on the shoes and they worked better, just had to hide the toes. Tried un and reconforming.... didn't work but thanks for the thought..... think Feet are just being wierd. Hugs!

Traveler ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 9:00 AM

First of all a big thank you to LordNakagawa and FyreSpiryt. You both rule the poser tech planet :) On to the boot fix You can fix the boots/feet thing by opening the pose file and editing the following block of code in the actor: rFoot and lFoot translateX xtran { initValue -0.01 forceLimits 0 min -100000 max 100000 trackingScale 0.001 keys { static 0 k 0 -0.01 } } translateY ytran { initValue 0.009 forceLimits 0 min -100000 max 100000 trackingScale 0.001 keys { static 0 k 0 0.009 } } translateZ ztran { initValue 0.016 forceLimits 0 min -100000 max 100000 trackingScale 0.001 keys { static 0 k 0 0.016 } } } Change the Init values and the number after the k 0 in the keys sub block to 0. So it will look like this: translateX xtran { initValue 0 forceLimits 0 min -100000 max 100000 trackingScale 0.001 keys { static 0 k 0 0 } } translateY ytran { initValue 0 forceLimits 0 min -100000 max 100000 trackingScale 0.001 keys { static 0 k 0 0 } } translateZ ztran { initValue 0 forceLimits 0 min -100000 max 100000 trackingScale 0.001 keys { static 0 k 0 0 } } } Do it for the rFoot and lFoot. Then save the pose file again. That will hard code the zeroed positions into the JP's -Trav

dougf ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 3:32 PM

bookmark :)

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 9:00 PM

Trav, thanks for the heads up. I updated the pose file, and I should have it uploaded in a few minutes.

PabloS ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 1:32 AM

Zenman53186 ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 10:58 AM

Just a comment on Traveler's X,Y,Z trans fix. I've found I have X,Y,Z Trans problems with many of the clothes I put through Tailor, and occasionally when I use MAT Pose files for setting textures. I've found that Traveler's fix in the MAT Pose files solves the problem. I also have created MOR (morph setting) Pose files as well (to set morphs and scaling) that have these lines of text.

herr67 ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 4:28 PM

I was thinking on the line of being able to use tailer to add V3 pbm's. I works but is very slow, V3 has too many morphs. So far I did JeanZ, Bikini Bottom And Top. took about 1 to 2 hours each to import most of the morphs.

Vex ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 10:18 AM

how do i reset Joint Parameters ? i have been messing with Tailor/Poser 4 all night and can't seem to get daz's spywear to fit on V3 :( i've spent HOURS converting, but it looks exactly the same as it does before all the work... i've done everything and downloaded that pose thing? JPs for V3 and clicked it on the clothes, and it messed up even more ;

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 5:13 PM

I think it has something to do with the bodyhandles on the Spywear, but I don't know what or how to fix. The only way I know for sure to reset the JPs is to delete the item from the scene and reload it from the library.

Netherworks ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 11:19 PM

Attached Link: http://www.thenetherworks.com/Mesh/V3ClothingConformer.zip

vexiphne, I also have the Spywear so I decided to try and see if I could get it to work. - Use LordNakagawa's mannakin to apply the V3 BodyMorph to the Spywear Suit (you probably have already done this). - Open Poser. Load only your modified Spywear Suit. - Use the conformer I made at the attached link. It's a conformer pose similar to FyreSpiryt's. However, it only changes the centers and the joint bends/twists. It should work pretty well, but I found that the cuffs get a little "taffy like" when bending. This is easily fixed... - In Poser, with the Modified Spywear Suit still loaded, open the Joint Editor. - Select the Right Shin and click on the green oval - that's the innerMatSphere. Change the zScale to 6%. - Do this again for the Left Shin. - Close the Joint Editor. - Now you can save the dress as a V3 compatible one.

Netherworks ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 11:23 PM

Oh I missed something. I'm not sure if this matters but I did it anyway... As you know, the Spywear Clothing has extra body parts - the little red cones. When I used the Tailor to move the V3 morph, some of the cones had it too. I used the Hierarchy Editor to remove the morph from L&R Biceps, Calves, Breasts and Cheeks. You could also do the same thing easily with Morph Manager.

Netherworks ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 11:26 PM

Ok, wish these forums had an edit button :o Fixing the zScale to 6% is done when using the dropdown list in the Joint Editor set to "Bend". Ok, think that covers it all.

Vex ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2003 at 12:04 PM

ok one more thing... or 2... where's the joint editor and the hierarchy editor ?

Vex ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2003 at 12:05 PM

eep i found it ;) sorry about that

Vex ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2003 at 12:13 PM

As you know, the Spywear Clothing has extra body parts - the little red cones. When I used the Tailor to move the V3 morph, some of the cones had it too. I used the Hierarchy Editor to remove the morph from L&R Biceps, Calves, Breasts and Cheeks. You could also do the same thing easily with Morph Manager

how do i remove morphs in the hierarchy manager? im using Poser4 so i dont know if its different than Poser5 or not.. but i am not visibly seeing anything that tells me "im a cone morph! get rid of me !"

=

thank you for all the information though =) its been a wonderful help.

Netherworks ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2003 at 12:38 PM

Its easy... :) When you open the Hierarchy Editor, click on the "Show All Parameters" box. Give it a second or two to expand everything. To delete a morph target (or any other parameter - so be careful), go to the bodypart and click on the icon to the left of "Parameters". Then click on the icon next to the morph target you want to remove. When its highlighted (words turn white), press the Delete key.

Vex ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2003 at 4:10 PM

do this morph targets have names?

whatmorphtargets.gif
( click for full size )

if you notice, the arms and back doesnt fit, i've had to make the butt/thighs, calves, feet, and toes invisible in order for them to not stick through the material =

perhaps i used the Tailor program wrong ? I've tried using P-Wizard on some outfits, and it seems to me that they all suck and none of them make my clothes fit on vic3 ;(

Netherworks ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2003 at 4:40 PM

Hmm, the only thing I had to make invisible are the toes and feet. I'm using just the V3 Blank for fitting. "do this morph targets have names?" - I'm confused as to what you're asking here.

Vex ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2003 at 5:19 PM

ok so you use V3 blank to put the clothes on then switch to the regular model ?? I loaded up "Victoria 3" and changed her face... and probably her boobs some, and every outfit i put on her doesnt fit, even after all the doctoring i've done. I figured out what the cones were called ( ibreast etc ) .. but when i click on parameters in the hierarchy editor, and hit delete, it gets rid of the entire outfit =

Netherworks ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2003 at 6:54 PM

you click on "Parameters" then the name of the morph target you want to get rid of. You could do this in Morph Manager instead :) Did you run the outfits through tailor, using the "Mannikin" as the base?

macmullin ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 11:58 AM

book mark

DocMatter ( ) posted Fri, 10 January 2003 at 11:33 AM

bookmark

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 10 January 2003 at 12:18 PM

bookmark

dougf ( ) posted Fri, 10 January 2003 at 1:01 PM

Can I ask what the process of making "manikin based on V2" was? I'm curious if this can be used to move clothing to other figures.

Dave ( ) posted Fri, 10 January 2003 at 3:40 PM

bookmark

ardvarc37 ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 4:26 PM

E-mail marker

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.