Sun, Sep 22, 5:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Vic3 freezes

denden ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 4:28 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 5:17 AM

After I change Vic3's eyes to green and do a render she freezes. Nothing will move. I hope there's an easy answer. Thanks. PS I have the Body, Head and the extra maps for V3.

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 4:37 PM

p4 or p5.... during the render? or it is froze when the render completes.... System info... how much ram, processor, operating system, etc etc could be many things

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

queri ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 4:54 PM

If she's fully loaded with all the morphs, then I'm not surprised. I had to remove lots of body morphs to give her breathing room. I'm in P5, 2.4Gprocessor, 2Gmemory. She's husky when shes packing all her morphs. For that matter I can't run Vogue hair all morphed up either. Emily

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 4:59 PM

Of course she does... It's cold outside and she's got no clothes on! But anyways, I only injected the face expressions on mine and saved that as a base character. Figure I could add the other morphs as I need them.

denden ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 6:03 PM

FACE camera may be the problem. Even without a render if I switch to FACE camera the head can make only one move and freezes. This happens with Vic2 and the P4 folks. Running Poser 4.03, Win2K, gig of RAM, RAID 0 and no other proggies running. I can switch to MAIN camera and the body will move...if I then switch back to FACE camera the character (male or female) freezes.

tasquah ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 6:22 PM

Its is possible it might be your vidio card doing that or the drivers. Have you updated them recently? Just a idea is all.

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 7:29 PM

I wasn't able to render V3 without crashing Poser 4 when I was using the bump maps. They're HUGE! 8 megs, huge!!! And that's the standard resolution maps. I ended up editing the MAT files to not include the bump maps, and all works beautifully without crashing now. Melanie

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 11:10 PM

Poser is so strange sometimes. I use P4 and tried all these thing and it is ok. Very odd indeed. See if it continues to happen. And try to repeat the same crash over and over to see if it isn't just a Poser fluke. That is when you have free time. Sometimes very specific sequences of events make poser freak out. On my Poser it is when I invert the x tran settings for the mag base boefore moving the zone. Go figure. Poser doesn't use hardware accelleration so I am not sure about the video card. Odd. If it still happens over and over, you are unable to find what is wrong, contact us and we'll take her back. Anton anton@daz3d.com

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

FWTempest ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 2:17 AM

I was under the impression that denden wasn't referring to an actual "crash". When I've got a couple of different highly detailed models in a scene (i.e. mildragon + vicky), sometimes morph dials just stop working. Nothing actually freezes or locks up... just stops working... the models can still be moved in their x,y,z coordinates, the scene can still be rendered, and the program can still be closed normally... but all 'posing' operations fail to function. PPP, 2.26Ghz P4, only 256Mb RAM though. (santa didn't come through for me). I figured my amount of RAM might be my problem

denden ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 8:06 AM

Today Vic3 Vic2 and all the P4 folks move perfectly. I really appreciate all the help. It may be the video driver because I have had other weird screen behavior lately. I will replace my Matrox G400 as soon as I get the courage . PS Vic3 rules! DAZ does really good stuff.

EricofSD ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 9:04 AM

V3 works ok for me in P4 but not in P5. Locks up P5.

raven ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 4:19 PM

Eric, copy the !DAZ folders into the P5 RuntimeLibraries (the P5 equivalent of where they are in P4) and your lock-up problems should be gone. Mine disappeared when I did that, and I use a linked runtime, as all my stuff goes into my Pro-Pack install.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 4:45 PM

The injectors do need that folder to be present. Without it the scripts cannot run. Starting to understand the proplem people are having in P5 now. They didn't directly install her? They are accessing the P4 runtime?

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

raven ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 5:41 PM

It seems to be that way Anton, if you use a linked runtime and the !DAZ folder is in that linked runtime, it can take an age to load the all morph injectors, or any of them. Once I moved the !DAZ folder to my P5 runtime, problem solved. I use my linked runtime, and the inj/rem folders are in my linked runtime and the !DAZ folder is in P5 runtime, and I have no problems at all now.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.