Thu, Sep 19, 10:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: scene problems

headgamer ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2000 at 11:58 AM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 10:24 AM

Hey all...I usually hang out in the Carrara section, but toy with Bryce as well... 8^) I am having a problem with a scene I hope you all can help me with. I am working on a "Lady of the Lake" concept with lake (duh...), trees, hills, etc. and a figure in the lake. Problem is this: I frequently shift to a top-down view to look at the placement of my trees and hills and such. When I last worked on this scene last year, I did something (who the hell knows what) and now when I do a top-down view, there is nothing there! It is like I zoomed out a hundred times and all I see is a black dot in the middle of my view. No matter how many times I zoom in, nothing happens! I tried selected all my objects and pasting them into a brand new scene file hoping the problem would go away, but no luck. Does anybody know what the hell happened? Or how to fix it? I guess I could try just selecting the basic objects I need (lake and surrounding terrain) and start a new file with them and re-do everything else in hopes that works, but otherwise I feel like I am going to have to start from scratch! Frustratingly floundering in Bryce.... LOL Headgamer

bonestructure ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2000 at 4:27 PM

I don't have a clue. It sounds very strange. The scene shows up okay when you do a camera or director's view?

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

headgamer ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2000 at 5:38 PM

Absolutely. Looks just fine from those angles, as well as from the sides I believe. But once I go to the top camera, it's goes haywire. And I don't think it is B$, because it doesn't happen with other scenes. Crazy man! Crazy! HG...

aeryk71 ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2000 at 5:42 PM

Do you have an infinite plane in your sky? That happens to me in Carrara... Not sure if it looks the same in bryce though... Aeryk

Roshigoth ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2000 at 10:38 PM

Hmm... try Reset Views? =) Rosh

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2000 at 10:39 PM

I agree Rosh ,Reset views, Is the camera "Locked"or is there a camera memory dot selected? Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

headgamer ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2000 at 11:21 PM

Tanks all you guys! Damn, I hadn't even thought about Reset Views. that did it! See? I told you I don't hang around Bryce much! LOL... I need and want to do more though... Thanks again... HG....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.