Mon, Oct 21, 11:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: I DID IT!

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 9:55 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:25 PM

file_40921.jpg

I finally took a day and tried my hand at making conforming clothing. I took the Daz bodysuit for Mike, Cut out everything but the speedos, a created a set of briefs for Mike. It isn't great work, and in no way compares with the great stuff Steve Shanks and dodger do, but I'm awfully proud of it. I even used Anim8or to create a bulge morph, so he doesn't look sexless. This ain't easy! In the past 24 hours I've learned to really appreciate all you who do modeling and clothing work. I'm NEVER going to use the line "it'll be easy for you" when I put in a wishlist request somewhere. What do you all think of them?

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 10:26 AM

Good work, Jim! Cool texture, too. A

compiler ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 10:28 AM

Looks pretty cool !

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 11:57 AM

Jim, This looks GREAT!!! Glad someone finally did some like this. You going to offer this in free stuff or email me a copy...hint! Cherokee

queri ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 12:05 PM

Whoopee, from reading stuff in the Rhino forum at PoserPros, anything with a crotch is THE hardest thing to model. You did good. Please, for those of us who can't ever do as good, offer it or sell it or something. Fit is gorgeous. Emily

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 12:19 PM

I don't think he can sell it OR give it away if he used the Daz Mike Bodysuit :(. Now, if you use the Mike Quicksuit from PoserStyle (it's free, I think), you could at least give it away then...just a thought. Laurie

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 12:22 PM

queri, I wish I could have claimed to have modeled it, but it was from the body suit object for Mike from Daz. I used the grouping tool to spawn the prop, and took it from there. I'm not sure how I can package it for redistribution. I know that if someone already has the Daz bodysuit, I can give it to them. But how do I make sure they've got it? It did really help with the bones though. After I made the prop, I exported it to a .obj file, then imported it back in. I used the P5 setup room to pull in the original bones from the bodysuit, deleted the ones I didn't need, and bang, it worked. The only problem I have with it is you have to manually resize it to 101% to get it to fit right. I then used Steve Shanks' great tutorial on builing morph targets in Anim8or to add the bulge morph. I'm going to add a couple of more to it and try to figure out how I can give it away. The morphs I'm trying to do are dress right and left, low rise, thong, and...uh... happy, I also want to try my hand at making tighty-whitie and speedo types of textures. Speaking of Steve, he's doing a tighty-whitie pair of briefs for Mike for Poserworld (from my request), his will be SO much better than anything I can do. This was more an exercise in learning something new for me. And boy, have I learned.

milamber42 ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 12:22 PM

He can give it away using Maz's Mover program.

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 12:28 PM

LaurieA, The quicksuit for Mike is a sale item that the author donated to another site. There are quicksuits for Don and Judy and others at Poserworld, but the one for Mike isn't available there. I think I gave $10 or $12 for it. I'm working on another version using that mesh as a base, but it's awfully square at the crotch, and may be beyond my very basic modeling skills and tools. The only way I can give the other one away is if I can package it so that you have to build a new object from the original using a UVS in UVMapper. I know the RG Remapped Body Suit is distributed that way. When I get everything one, I'll try to figure it out.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 1:15 PM

Jim, If you get those other morphs worked out, that would be so cool...remember, there are different sizes. Keep it up dude!

_dodger ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 3:11 PM

Thanks for the compliment, but after reading This message I'm seriously doubting my own clothing abilities. I mena, that guy box modelled this! BOX MODELLED! Augh! It's one of the worst approached to modelling anything organic, and he pulled it off with this much casual panache! I'm not sure if I can go on. I can't do this. I suck.

_dodger ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 3:13 PM

Oh, never nind. I didn't catch that he did that with Poser 5's cloth room. Though it give me some ideas.... Hmmmmmmmm.

compiler ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 3:39 PM

Don't be ashamed, Dodger : his messages is about the cloth room in P5, not conforming clothes. In the real world,what he did would be just find a potato sack, cut holes por the feet and arms, arrange the neck a little, and voila ! Poser 5's cloth room did the rest. (OK, OK, I would be at a total loss to do what he did. I was just trying to chear dodger up and to put things in perspective). By the way, Dodger, did you modelled the bulge of the speedo after someone you know ? Is it a gun in his trunk or is he just happy to see us ? LOL compiler

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 5:08 PM

pdxjims, You can't distribute this for profit, or as is. BUT you can use Objaction Mover to encode it, so that the user needs the original bodysuit obj to decode it. It makes a pcf file that cannot be used without being decoded. Someone remapped the bodysuit and used this method to distibute the new OBJ file (over at Animotions, I believe) Lyrra

_dodger ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 6:31 PM

compiler: Err, I didn't post the thread. You're getting me confused with Jim.

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 6:39 PM

file_40922.jpg

Getting there... I've got the bulge morph worked out. Still working on "Happy", It goes over two different areas, and I'm still trying to figure out Anim8or. I've also one two trans maps, one is a thong, the other VERY small speedos. Here it is so far. The textures are P5 materials. I'm going to package this using Mover with transmaps and textures, and post it in freestuff soon. Think anyone would be interested? Comments?

queri ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 6:58 PM

I think you'd better have a LOT of bandwidth.:))) Sorry about my first misreading-- I was just waking up and my reading comprehension was in a perilous state. I thought this was from the PoserStyle suit. You are so good to do this. Love the grey one. Emily

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 9:55 PM

file_40923.jpg

Enough on the transmaps. Here's the last two I'm doing tonight. Tomorrow I work on morphs and 2 more transmaps. I also want to play with material zones. This is FUN! (but tiring)....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.