Fri, Sep 20, 3:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:20 pm)

Subject: Whats your opinion of Victoria 3?

pjanak ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 12:37 AM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 3:12 AM

I've checked it out. So far, yes the model looks nice. But I have to say that Having to "inject" morph targets is a pain in the ----. Bad idea as far as I can tell. Not to mention that on a 633 it takes 20min. just to load "all head morphs" Why they didn't just include basic morphs already in the model is beyond me. Other than to squeeze out more money maybe. I don't know. As I don't have the model myself. Its on a neighbors computer. I added one bvlink left morph to the left eye. That was fairly quick. But I mistakenly selected "remove all head morphs" and despite there only being one morph it sat there seemingly going through an entire list of morphs to remove. 3min later still looking for morphs to remove 10min later still looking for morphs to remove after 15mmin. I gave up. this is posotively the worst delevery of aDAX poser model yet in my opinion. pjanak

PheonixRising ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 2:09 AM

I personally think she is fabulous. Oh wait...this probably isn't for me. You really should get your own copy though. :) Anton

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

elgyfu ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 3:00 AM

Once I had loaded all the head morphs I saved the PZ3 and just open that when I want it - it loads a lot quicker than injecting them again!

Sarudani ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 3:02 AM

I think she's a huge step forward, and I think DAZ did a hell of a job on her. No loading problems here, but my system is fairly up to date.

queri ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 3:11 AM

She's head and shoulders above Vicki2. And because she's that much better, she's high maintenance. I waited to inject morphs until my wits were about me and I'd heard other people's experiences. It was not hard. I had a better idea from the pictures with the injection files what I was choosing and I didn't want to use all of it. I like the control and specificity one can achieve with V3. I like that Daz cared enough about us to give us a version that could take V2 textures right off the bat. I love the creativity her face morphs give and the expressive quality to her personality. She has a reality V2 has to run real hard to touch. Not every machine can run her fully loaded but why would you want to? The whole point was to be able to trim down a very individual character so that she could be even leaner than V2 but at the same time many times more versatile. I have to physically restrain myself to use anybody else. The extra morph packs sound more expensive but really aren't, they give you personal discretion in how you want to spend your money. I would have been just as happy with V3 and the head morphs if I hadn't wanted to get the whole darn package for half off. My father would have risen from the grave if I'd paid full retail.:)) I see Daz bending over backwards in what Anton has referred to as a very small niche market and am rather grateful. We both benefit-- customer and merchant when that kind of dynamic takes place. Male variants and even a texture and alternate faces were very quick to appear. That surprised me. Ok, there were some patches. They occured, most of them, before most people knew they were even needed. I usually don't worry about Daz putting problems right because their track record is excellent. And new technology like injected morphs usually bring some bobbles in their wake. I think Vicki 3 is the greatest thing since sliced bread or Mike 3 which ever comes first. Uh, I'm going to just walk away and leave that sentence alone. Emily

saxon ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 3:57 AM

Whilst she's an excellent model and with a little corrections will accept additional IKs she doesn't work at all with Poser 5's morph putty tool. That's a pity as this tool is a huge boon for animators wanting to do soft body targets. It's an indication of how Daz and Curious have already drifted apart and how the only people to lose out from this are the poor old customers...

caleb68 ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 4:09 AM

easiest question i've been asked all day ;) I think the way the morphs were done suck. I think the model is ok, it works pretty good but isn't easy to get morphs developed for, but its a higher poly model as well so it should be harder. on a scale of 1-10, i give vick 3 a 4, maybe a 5. I'm still battling with her myself, expecially the morph injectors and 'Dial Cleaner' which doesn't always clear blank dials shakes finger at daz

PheonixRising ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 4:42 AM

lol. Don't hold back Caleb. Which finger is that anyway?

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

caleb68 ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 4:51 AM

uh index finger? the one by the thumb lol... u guys do need to figure out why dial cleaner does that, it gets anoying, pops up with 'no dials cleaned' if you run it a second time and your still stuck with all those blank dials. You guys soulda paid more attention to the forum too, there was a bigggg thread about people complaining about people sticking in the ! infront of the object folder to get the item to the 'top' of the list, thats one thing I didn't like myself too. I'm damned afraid to change to folder names for fear nothing will work anymore as well. You guys ever get that Faq done? I'm still waiting on it to be sure im 'legit' in making stuff for her... gotta try to off set the money I spent on her somehow.

saxon ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 4:59 AM

Anton, I wrote the above before I read the news about Curious. All the Vickys apart from the latest version work with morph putty. Stephanie does too but requires the zeroing of her initial full body morph. I'm assuming that the reason Vicky 3 doesn't is because there's a FBM somewhere that's hidden from view. I'm not a CR2 expert, is there a way of finding this in the file and making it visible? I'm hoping that zeroing this will get Vick 3 working with morph putty. Incidentally, the small corrections necessary for new IK's to take effect are to alter the default zero minimum and maximum parameters for the new IK's X Y Z trans.

jerr3d ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 5:39 AM

If you have ever done figure animation, the endless scrolling up an down that mega list of Vicki2 morphs wastes about half your time, and animation is very time consuming itself.

Now I just load up the morphs I need and animate away! The time saver factor alone makes her worth it to me.

Netherworks ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 5:47 AM

I think she's a great model. - She bends very nicely. - The mesh groups make more sense, especially one neck. :) - Very easy to get varying looks with her. The head and body packs are very cool. A lot of versatility just with the base model, head and body morph pack. I like the injection system, it's logical to me. With the other characters, I spent a lot of time dumping morphs I didn't use often. - The texture pack (hi-res) is wonderfully done - it was a bit "tan" for me, but I tweaked the ambient color a bit and all was good. - The face makeup pack is versatile also. Good work there. Caleb68, I changed the subfolder names under "Pose" and the injectors still work fine. However, toying with the !DAZ folder will cause problems unless you have a mass renaming utility that changes references within files.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 6:25 AM

Caleb, I really have no idea about the Dial Cleaner. SOmeone else did that. I can ask. We do pay attention to the forums. We're here every day. :) The exclamation point thing was to set her folders apart from the endless "V2" V1" Vicki this Vicki that folders people have, since we new there would be alot of folders. It's not a scam. It's to keep the folders from being lost 50 folders deep among the other daz and Vicki folders. That's all. Coinccidently the exclamation thing started because all my early folders started with "Anton". I never realized the capitol "A" place mine first. Then "she shall remain nameless" stated using then to get her folders in front of mine. Well the rest is history. My favorites are the "!!!!" folders. I'de like to think ours was a legitimate use of the "!" for convenience. The folder name should make no difference in the library except for future installers. I didn't think the Faq wasn't done. Maybe we have some more things to add but I don't think that would include anything preventing you from doing stuff. But come'on, Caleb,..... a 5? I know you are annoyed and frustrated but a 3,4 maybe a 5? :) I know you are mad at us right now cause we changed the way things are done. People don't like change. You really have to try and hang in there. We have never bailed on anyone yet. Anton -------------------------------------- Saxon, There is no morphs active on Vicki until you start posing her. The head "should" be no problem. I have no idea about morph putty or even begin to wonder why that won't work on V3. Noone told us about it or asked us about it. We were never approached with anything saying "we're putting this in Poser and want to make sure it works with your stuff." Don and Judy are suppose to be "The" P5 figures. Just so you know it isn't like we had any special development opportunity we ignored. We only found out about the tool when we saw it like everyone else. We never received any special info on P5's design. This is what the problem is I think. See Mike and Vicki have been pretty much the standard for how to make a Poser figures since posette(which we made). You know..two maps, collars, buttocks, two necks, etc. When they made Don and Judy from the P4 figures they just copied everything about Mike and Vicki without ever asking if V3 was different. Course again, we had no idea what Don and Judy were or that they would end up designed they way they are either. But P5 was meant to work on those figures. I don't think they expected us to change the way we make figures. But like I said noone asked or inquired either. At least not till after P5 was for sale and we announced V3. What can ya do? Win some loose some. You probably know more about morph putty. sigh. Sorry. Maybe we can figure it out at some point. Anton

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 6:40 AM

I think she's great. I love that she loads up looking like a healthy woman, not an anorexic. I love the way she moves. I love that she's so flexible. On my system she loads up fast., Faster than V2, in fact. Injecting all morphs I go get a soda and a snack, but I've only done that once. Otherwise I think the morph injection is great. I use Poser to make custom characters, and this technique speeds up the cleanup stage. I make my character like I did on V2, spawn new morph targets like I did on V2, and then just remove all morph targets and throw in the expression ones.

saxon ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 7:06 AM

Anton, I've been playing some more with morph putty. The head seems to work fine. The breasts, well I've been having more success there. It seems to be the jcm's that are causing the problem. I'm very pleased that I can add the extra IK (abdomen, chest, neck with head as the goal, just need to alter the minimum-maximum limitations on the xyz trans) I'll experiment some more with putty, it's a brilliant tool for animators and worth the effort, but it has a flaw in that existing fbm's will screw things up unless they're set to zero. incidentally, she's easily the best Vicky version so far, I'm pleased I've bought her...

barb ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 7:34 AM

V3 is wonderful. I love her quality, her more like women look, her solidness. I love that she doesn't have to be twenty-something and a hooker, faery, pole dancer. She can be anyone including someone's mother. She makes us aware of beauty in difference. & the racial morphs are terrific - lovely, expressive. Within her I see new 'girl' and 'boy' models, new male models. She is already all these models in one. And I see a potential for uniformity in model construction with the concomittant ability to expand the utility of new clothes, props, gadgets and what-nots. A bargain, from my personal point of view. At the same time - the new bikini as a sample bit of clothing (wish that were a freebe with the model, it rocks as a token of what's to come) is wonderful. No matter what I do to V3 the bikini fits (except for the nipples

PheonixRising ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 7:48 AM

cool.I had experimented by giving her Eyes an Ik chain each to stay focused on an object while her head moves. Worked better than "point at" but it only works on right eye for some reason. The whole Ik thing in Poser never really became stable. Real shame with all the possibilities. The "popping" drives me mad.

steveshanks ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 7:50 AM

I think she is awesome ;o), i haven't see ANY 3d figure that looks better than V3 rendered well an i include any used in the likes of final fantasy........Steve

Tguyus ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 7:53 AM

If you're concerned about DAZ and others using a ! prefix to elevate folders, all you have to do to re-elevate your favorites is add a space after the ! to those you want to reign supreme (e.g., "! Favorites"). For those you want at the very top, add 2 spaces.

ladydawg ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 8:49 AM

Personally I love her...Her face is more life-like more animated I should say.....Posing is much more easier except for the upper arm, if you want it close to the body....Thankfully Postwork takes care of that for me.... One thing I do miss is the Soften Hip Morph.... Otherwise I love the quality she has, her abdomen is outstanding...I really still need to work with the breats morphs But the face, as you can see in my Secret image, damn I love it...more natural.... Makes me itchy enough to go buy my Deep Paint 3D and start making textures for it. Advancement always has it's drawbacks, as it is with the damn inj, but sometimes to advanced it's worth going through the drawbacks....

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 9:13 AM

V3 is amazing. The poly design, mapping, and general design are much better than anything so far. The single body seam makes texturing less complicated. No more avoiding tattoing on her arms. Her joints have a lot less tendency to warp when posing. She has more options than any two other figures. She can be made to look like a lot more variations of a woman than V2 ever hoped. All those "heavy woman" morphs are no longer needed. Even I, who can't pose a female figure worth a d*mn, can make her look beautiful. Having said that, what seems to be the thing we get most about her? Male morphs. She makes a perfect woman, but also a pretty good man. There's already at least 2 male textures for him, and another couple in the process here. Probably the best money I've spent on a figure since Mike 2 (the first one I bought). What's wrong? We need more cloths, and cloths that can use all those wonderful morphs. I hope that a new trend starts with vendors (especially Daz), include the main body morphs (including the male morphs) in all of the V3 clothing. When we only had the Dork and Posette, morphing clothing wasn't as nessasary. They had so few morphs that we could just resize the clothing parts and get a pretty good fit. However, with V2 and M2, and even more with V3, morphing clothing becomes the requirement.

Dizzie ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 10:01 AM

I love V3 and don't want to go back to V2! I wanted to try the Arwen face morph yesterday and I almost didn't because I had to install V2 to use it on...even though it's a beautiful morph, I'm not using it and uninstalling V2...I just don't want to go back to using V2....I had to fight to get a decent render but on V3 it comes easy! I like the morph injections because I can see what I'm getting..

saxon ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 10:17 AM

I like the morph injections because I can see what I'm getting. That's very true Dizzie, the library images do show you what the morphs do... Anton, glad you tried the IK thing. It reminds me of the Auto balance thing but this way it works!! (Never thought of using eyes in an IK chain)

Turtle ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 10:28 AM

I think Vicky3 is the best model ever. I just make pictures and I have had no problem injecting the morphs, or taking them off. If I forget something I want to use it's no big deal to hit that morph inject. This is one change I think is 100% better the whole Vicky3, I would rate her a 10. My want is for a trash lash that is long and has more bottom lashes. but thats with the maps, and it won't be long and it will be out there. Yes I've spent more money than I would ever admit on Vic2s clothes. But thats the way it goes. When your kids are growing up they don't wear the same clothes, your always having to buy new stuff. The only disappoint is with the V3 to V2, that she can't take anyones body morphs. I haven't used Vic2 since I bought 3 the first day. Way to go Daz.

Love is Grandchildren.

Kiera ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 10:37 AM

I love the Vicki 3 model and the morph injection mechanism, but as a character maker I HATE the damn dial cleaner. It has never worked for me, not once on any file, and god forbid I want to close Poser and work on the same character again, because I am then doomed to spend lots of time deleting the dials by hand.

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 11:19 AM

Seriously like the model, love all the morphs. I haven't had much time to play with it yet, though. You can save characters with morphs saved in the .cr2 files. I haven't played with the Dial Cleaner yet so I don't know how well it works or doesn't work. My gripe: The jp settings are killing me! I'm trying to make some clothes and I've got everything right but the joint parameters. (It could just be because this is my first clothing attempt, but I've heard others say the V3 jps are obnoxious.)

Laurie S ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 11:41 AM

Well I am not a character creator or animator so I do not know anything about her from that end .. But as far as using her for renders and still images .. I LOVE HER .. nothing else I have even comes close. She is a bit trickier to use , but I am not complaining because the increased versatility and realism are sooo worth it .. basically I totally agree with queri!

markdc ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 12:20 PM

She's a great model. Injection is kind of a pain but if they didn't do that the cr2 would be way too large. Ocham has written a python script that cleans the dials (see the python forum). -Mark

praxis22 ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 12:27 PM

So far so good. I might try to remap her se how she looks with Gia instead of the default maps. But I like the JCM stuff, works very well on the upper body, not really examined the lower body yet in any detail. It's hard to make her face look good with a few simple tweaks of a dial like you could with V2.0 but then V3.0 is a more complex model, so that is to be expected. Overall I'd give her a 9.0 :) later jb

Patricia ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 12:48 PM

If DAZ ever digs through their pile of tech support emails and fixes the problem I'm having with those !#?!! morph injections (every attempt to load one gets me a nasty 'Warning: cannot open file' message) THEN I think I'll love her dearly ;) She's woman-shaped and has a lovely face. Posing her is easier than V2, though I still get some elbow deformation in extreme bends, but that forces me to practice my almost-nonexistant postwork skills. And those male morphs look like the perfect answer to the problem of meaty-muscled elves....the ones I used to get with Mike, even after hours of dial-work. I think she's the best model DAZ has ever made, but the zillion extra files of morphs are a real PITA, IMHO.

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 12:55 PM

Patricia, What version of Poser are you on? Did you move any of the folders or rename them? (If it's P5, did you move them into a subfolder?)

steveshanks ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 1:03 PM

Cresent try Pwizard i've used it for clothes on V3 and find i have a lot less work setting JP's than i did with V1 or 2..Steve

Patricia ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 1:27 PM

Hi, Cresent! Nope, just used the installers like I always do. Nothing mucked with afterward in any way....I'm using P4, and everything else is working fine. I must not be the only one with problems, tho, if they're as buried in tech support requests as it sounds ;) But I'm DYING to be able to play with her (sob!)

praxis22 ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 1:37 PM

I'm using her on P4.03 on XP Pro, with no problems, morph injectors work fine. Not tried her in P5 yet, but I doubt she'll look any better. I've found firefly to be more subtle with global lighting, (which I use a lot) but not without it's quirks. It's also slower, so I've not bothered using it much. later jb

Turtle ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 1:38 PM

Patrica, I wrote AnneMaire and she turned my message over to the tech guy. That was yesterday, and a hour later a tch guy wrote me. My problem solved. Please try writting again or to AnneMarie.

Love is Grandchildren.

Jackson ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 2:56 PM

IMHO, V3 is the best Poser figure so far, by a very wide margin. And the inject morphing system was a brilliant stroke. Thanks DAZ!

Patricia ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 4:31 PM

Hi, Turtle :) What is her address, exactly? I haven't had cause to email her before... That would be so great to get a response--I've been checking my email literally every hour in hopes of a solution to my weird problem :(

caleb68 ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 6:11 PM

well the main problems/issues that i see with it Anton, are like follows: 1) Clothing - Total lack of drops useablility 2) Morphing - Harder but to be expected 3) Hair - Needs redone to fit Vicki 3 properly 4) Dial Cleaner- Doesn't function properly all the time. 5) Injectors - Clutters Folders as well as The Pathing Now the injector folders, like i said above, I dare not move them for fear they won't work properly anymore. These are all Negitives drops the rating on me. Plus items for vicki: 1) higher Mesh, bends better. 2) More Morphs for control of facial reigon 3) More Body based morphs 4) Texture Maps Are of High Quality (Daz Ones) While being a good model the Bad still outweighs the good for me, not everyone will think the same, and I don't expect it, the 3 i said earlier was ment as 'Vicki 3' not a rating, sorry for the misunderstanding there Anton. a 4, maybe a 5 cause good vs. bad for me teaders between the two.

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 6:17 PM

You can move the injection folders. Expect to do a little bit of text tweaking in the !V3 AllMorphsINJ and !V3 AllMorphsREM files, but it's not hard to do. (Been there, done that, posted on it.) Cheers!

Spit ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 10:09 PM

Caleb...she just came out!! Vicky 2 didn't have any clothes either at first. Sheesh.

Rhiannon ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 12:36 PM

I love V3 because her body shape is MUCH more realistic than V2 ... I think I remember someone saying that her hips were too big ... WHAT? That's insane, but of course, if you're still looking for that barbie doll look or are doing stuff that calls for that type of body style and shape, I'm sure V3 would come through for you as well with some tweaking ... maybe not as well as V2, not sure. I am miffed about two things I know of that were left out ... the soften hips morph and the underarm fix ... these are two things I would have thought would be mainstays.

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 9:53 AM

She is nice...really! And if you want to stick to the already existing possibilities DAZ gave her to form her...
phantastic!
But beware if you want to model a face outside of this, like
from a photo or something like that...I felt like in a cage
and gave up (after some hours). Especially when you prefer
males..
Maybe DAZ will come up with a Mike 3 someday (with more specialized morphs), till then I will stick with my beloved
Mike 2.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.