Tue, Oct 22, 7:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: ***Reworking the forum Backroom***

kbennett ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2003 at 1:21 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:49 AM

Over the coming weeks I'm going to be updating the backroom. Rather than just put in what I think you want I'd like you to tell me what you'd like to see in there. There are currently sections for the FAQ, Tutorials, Tips and Tricks, Challenges (keep your eyes peeled! the challenges are coming back!), Contests and Links. If you would like to see any extra sections, or have any suggestions for additional content in the existing sections please post them in this thread. I'll also be looking for some help creating navigation buttons, banner images etc. If you'd like to help with that, please drop me an IM and we can talk about it. Kevin.

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2003 at 2:38 PM

Several of us have put up Poser 5 tip sheets. Those would be good to have up.

Tirjasdyn

kbennett ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2003 at 2:43 PM

Cool idea. Consider it included ;)

ladynimue ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2003 at 2:58 PM

This is going to be The best backroom yet Kevin.

Dizzie ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2003 at 3:23 PM

I'm sorry, but I'm lost...what/where is the Backroom?

Spike ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2003 at 3:27 PM

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

kbennett ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2003 at 3:30 PM

Also linked from the 'Poser forum resources' graphic in the banner ;)

BAM ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2003 at 3:50 PM

Some thoughts on the Backroom Challenge is spelled incompletely Get Geep to contribute in the tutorial area or at least link to the sight where these are stored Make sure FAQs link is sent to every new member

PabloS ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2003 at 8:02 PM

kbennett, How can you breath with all that dust in there!?!

tasquah ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2003 at 9:08 PM

Hey U DA MAN !! finally some one fixed the missing banner . That was driving me bonkers.

freyfaxi ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2003 at 9:51 PM

One suggestion...give Dr Geep's great primers a section all to themselves. So us dummies don't have to go wading through all the forum messages to track down his most helpful tips ??

leather-guy ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 4:32 AM

file_41758.jpg

I've always thought a really effective way to take advantage of the knowledge that's shared here so freely would be to incorporate a cross-indexed database of links to forum threads that address particular questions. That would keep the labor of setup and maintenance to a minimum. Instead of someone taking the time to research the top 10, 20, or 100 most-asked questions and compose clear and simple universal responses. just pick out the top 1 or top 5 or 10 threads dealing with common or oft-asked question, and let members instruct members. I think a lot of really invaluable threads disappear all to quickly in the distance, and this would keep those discussions readily available. If you were to "freeze" somehow these threads or just remove the option to post when linked to via the index, it would prevent newbies from posting additional plaintive queries that no-one would see except the original posters. You could query members as to particular favorite threads to include, or perhaps have a nomination option in the backroom for ongoing input. I've developed the habit of Emailing what I feel are key or cornerstone threads of particular interest to myself and then sorting them into an organized folder/subfolder structure in my Email client for ready access. I can usally find 2 or 3 threads worth preserving every week or so. Sometimes more. Sometimes less. (Hope this is making sense - just got back from my birthday party & I'm very tired, and slightly tipsy - sorry) Seems like this would keep labor to a minimum, and member participation to a maximum. ....Just my 2 cents worth, oposing opinions expected and encouraged ;-))

ladynimue ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 5:32 AM

Happy Birthday toOOoo you, Happy Birthday TOooo youuuuu,
Happy Birthday dear Jerry, Happy Birthday TooooooOOo You :)

Gives your 2 Cents back, cause no one should have to spend any money on their special day ;]

Hope you had a great one and wishing you a year filled with many magical moments.
ladynimue

kbennett ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 5:50 AM

Happy birthday fella ;) And thanks for the neat idea.

EricofSD ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 12:06 PM

file_41759.jpg

I have IE 6 and the links on the left are too close to the verticle bar. Would a space after the 'osity logo fix that?

kbennett ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 12:24 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about that. The whole look and feel will be different, with a navbar as opposed to text links.

EricofSD ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 12:44 PM

Way kewl.

tasquah ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 1:34 PM

Happy Happy B- Day leather-guy. Good idea as well .

leather-guy ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 2:18 PM

Thank you for the Birthday wishes - Started my day off on a wonderful note! (Especially the sonngggg ;-))

ladynimue ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 7:03 PM

You are most welcome :) Hope you have a most wonderful day :) ladynimue

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 9:15 AM

heyas; can you guys find my thread where i explain all the obj export options from poser, and link that there? (i kinda need that again! ;D )

kbennett ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 10:49 AM

I'll give it a go. Gimme a while ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.