Wed, Sep 18, 12:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: A Few Tips and Questions about V2

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 11:27 PM ยท edited Fri, 09 August 2024 at 11:34 PM

First of all I am quite impressed with V3 it was worth the money, however being still new to poser I am far from mastering it. So here are a few of my questions about V3: Is there away to make the clothes from v1 and v2 fit V3. This may sound like a stupid question but when I loaded V3 in poser and then spend hours posing her and changing her looks, but the clothes do not hardly fit. Before even with V1 and v2 i had to do some adjustments but with V3 any adjustments I try to make seem to make it worse. If the clothes are not to meant I think Daz would of made her so they are compatiable after all what fun is it to have all your renders of your new purchase be nude images. I did try to use the V3 to V2 but there is hardly any morphs to change the shape of her body so again it was kinda of boring to me and uncreative. I try to load the body morphs that came with v3 but they dont work on V3 to V2 or maybe im missing something. So if anyone can help me or tell me if Im doing something wrong, or knows where to find some basic clothes like pants shirts, etc for V3 please let me know Dark Raven

EricofSD ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 12:58 AM

I agree with you, the clothing is very important. Most of us have a substantial investment in V1/2 clothing. Keeping the morphs is the whole point of V3 and maybe DAZ will come out with a morph injector patch for the V3 to V2 model. Some folks have had success with the cloth room in P5. Others have had success with Tailor combined with what I consider complex procedures. On the bright side, if you scroll down, there's a thread on remapping V3 to take V2 textures and its awesome!

queri ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 1:55 AM

On V3 to V2 it would be defeating the purpose to add morphs to a base you want the standard Vicki2 clothes to fit. You can add V3 Head morphs and make lovely faces that no can be dressed. It's a brand new mesh, some things are lost, some things remain. I think Daz provided enough alternatives that you can still use your clothes and textures for V2 while waiting for what I expect will be a vast amount of V3 stuffage to come. Including, I hope male clothes for V3Male. PoserPros has a clothing pak that is relatively inexpensive, so does Sprinter and Exotica here at Renderosity. Kiki for V3 has a whole wardrobe and hair at Rdna. She's very hard to make stuff for, from all I hear, so most things are not free, but still there are tube tops, bikinis in our Free stuff. A top and a skirt in Rdna FS as well as a conforming xmas dress with extra textures. A long skirt and jacket in 3Dcommune, and a whole set of clothing at PoserWorld which is a subscription site but worth it. You kinda have to hunt for free clothes for her but they are there, few on the ground yet, but that will increase. She is marvellous though and the body suits fill in in the mean time. Emily Emily

thgeisel ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 1:56 AM

you are doing nothing wrong, V2 to V3 only takes the headmorphs, not the bodymorphs. I used tailor and other different ways to fit v2 cloth to v3.It works good on many cloth , but there some where you get bad results.

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 9:09 AM

thanks guys I feel better about it all and not feeling like my skills dimished with this purchase. I do have tailor and thought about trying that it just sometimes im not patient and hate waiting for all the morphs to apply in tailor but anyways If daz released a clothing pack for v3 I would definatly buy it, and I think it would help everyone, specially those that can do good cloth textures to make new styles for quicker then trying to model clothes for her anyways happy posing all Dark Raven

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.