Fri, Oct 4, 12:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Cat Walk for Walk designer now in Freestuff

HaiGan ( ) posted Mon, 20 January 2003 at 3:51 PM ยท edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 3:48 AM

I figured out how to get the Poser cat walking with Walk Designer. The file is now up in Freestuff- follow the link for a preview (it's 952K, a little large to include as an image in this post). It's not perfect, but it's a start.

Cat walk preview

Actually it was very easy once I figured out a few fundamental 'must do's'. Easy enough that I'm writing a tutorial on it, in case anyone else is struggling or would like to try but doesn't know how.

I'll be converting my running cat animation into the appropriate pose file for Walk Designer next, and am working on a 'Lion Walk' for the Poser lion, which is looking pretty stunning if I say so myself.

lululee ( ) posted Mon, 20 January 2003 at 5:14 PM

Thanks so much. It is fum to see the kitty run.

Kenmac ( ) posted Mon, 20 January 2003 at 5:38 PM
Online Now!

Thanks HaiGan. This has been sorely needed for a long time.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 20 January 2003 at 5:53 PM

Nice job, HaiGan!

I managed to get the wolf into Walk Designer, myself, with the aid of a modified mo-cap file, but the hind legs still need some adjustment. Unfortunately, I can't distribute the pose file in Free Stuff as it's based on another's work.

http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1054793

Your run-cycle for the cat looks great!

Zenman53186 ( ) posted Mon, 20 January 2003 at 7:15 PM

I also wanted to echo the praise; excellent job on the cat animations. Very realistic.

HaiGan ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 2:17 AM

file_42272.jpg

Thanks, everyone :8} . I hope it proves useful.

Here's a preview of that lion walk- about the first 1/3 of the walk cycle. Still some tweaking to do on the tail, the head/neck, and the timing. It might take a little longer than I thought to finish, because the model's not symmetrical- I can't just switch the symmetry to make the second half of the walk cycle the way I did with the cat.

The cat run might be up this evening (UK time). :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.