Thu, Sep 19, 3:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Is anyone having trouble with POSERSTYLE

Niles ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 10:35 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:47 AM

I have had nothing but trouble/silence with them. No one at POSERSTYLE will even answer my E-mails and try to fix the Problem. I can half way understand trouble, but the silence is BS... do they treat everyone like this?
Just wondering is this the way they Work... or should I say "Do not Work".

seaayre ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 11:20 PM

I had to email them several times over the course of a week before they got back to me. I am a bit unhappy about their slow response, but I think they have really had massive trouble on that site, and still have lots of work to do before they sort it all out. Trying really hard here to give them the benefit of the doubt. :) They do have such nice stuff.

Niles ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 11:36 PM

You have successfully signed up for a subscription using PayPal. Your first subscription payment, for $30.00, has already been sent to poserstyle.com. ------------------------------ Subscription Details ------------------------------ Date of sign up: January 08, 2003 ********** Posersystle still has not sent me a Login/Password. I have emailed everyone, including Customer Support ticket#68,#77,#102) ... and still nothing....in 2 1/2 weeks. It not a good deal if there is NO DEAL!

Spit ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 11:37 PM

Since the site re-opened I haven't had any trouble at all. My cookie is read to get in, and the entries already in the password box that comes up when I download work too. If you changed your original password (which I had done a couple of times) it may be tricky knowing which to put where, but it does work. You do need your original name and password to actually process a download as I understand. But since mine seem to work automatically and I can't see what's in the fields, I'm not sure which is which.

Spit ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 11:39 PM

crossposted. I got my original login and password from Verotel, not Poserstyle.

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 1:28 AM

Yes read your receipt from Verotel, your info will be on it. Marque

Niles ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 1:36 AM

What is Verotel, I have not recieved anything from them ???

Spit ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 2:44 AM

Ah...Paypal and Verotel are different, I guess. There must have been a choice of how to pay. It's been a while since I signed up so I don't really remember. I guess it works differently with Paypal.

cinnamon ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:07 AM

my problems began in december. i could not get into the site, so i emailed webmaster@poserstyle.com first he said he had no record of my sub. so i sent him again the verotel info along with screenshot of my credit card statement. i gave up. i paid for a sub, and it prematurely expired... one of his explanations below: we sent new logins to all members, but experienced some failure daemons ( full mailbox, wrong address, ... ). I made a search for your name, usercode and mail address and found none. Please, contact me with full real name and full login information. I'll do my best to send you your information asap. Yours joelegecko

-renapd- ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 6:06 AM
Site Admin

The problems started with the server taking the site down demanding a certain script to be changed.. during the process all members had to be resent their logins. On top of that admin access was able after the problems just to ONE guy who's worked like a horse for the past last month trying to email ALL and contact ALL.. lately by phone as well - 400 people and more ONE BY ONE! That silent hero is Will Whitney and I think he deserves our admiration rather than implying he's NOT working.. :( Niles.. put a message on the Poserstyle shoutbox if you want to grab Will's immediate attention.. he won't fail you same as he hasn't failed ANYBODY ELSE! :) Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

barb ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 6:13 AM

I had a similar problem - but .... if you go to PS and click on the 'member area' navigation item - and click on, for example, the first item - a sign in box will fly up. Type in your Verotel inforamation and the download will begin. I think we have file access just not forum access.

-renapd- ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 6:39 AM
Site Admin

As far as I know myself Barb.. forums have not been fixed yet for anybody! :) Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

Doogal ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 6:54 AM

Will Whitney and the Poserstyle crew are working like troopers and will get things sorted out eventually. They just need a little time. It's hard work fixing problems when you have so many people all jumping up and down demanding that they be sorted out next. So I'd recommend that we all exercise a bit of patience and let them get on with it. There's too much impatience in the world as it is! Doogal

barb ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 2:07 PM

Rena: That's what I thought, thanks. :-)

whwhitney ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 8:45 PM

I called this evening and left a message for "Niles" with his Access information. This is the same Access information I've sent to him (at the email address he subscribed with) three times since his subscription. None of my emails to him at the email address he subscribed with have come back as undeliverable. So there was an assumption (albeit the wrong one) that they were getting through. I searched Renderosity for him and came up empty. I am stating this as clearly as I can so that current and future members do not get the impression that we "ignore" our subscribers. This is a business and as such there is no upside in ignoring a customers problem. It feels bad enough accused of something you're guilty of. It's much worse to be accused of something you did not do. So for the sake of clarity I will state again. We contacted "Niles" at the email address he subscribed with 3 times since his subscription began. Each time enclosing his subscription information. This issue has occurred more than once. An email related issue not of our (PoserStyle's) doing causes a delay in information getting to the customer. Because this is the fourth time this has happened we will be asking from this point forward for all support issues or general questions to be accompanied by a phone number where you can be reached. This way we have an alternate means of reaching you if there is a breakdown in the first line of communication. We will be updating the front page news article on shortly. This update will answer all outstanding questions regarding the status of PoserStyle. We will continue to bring you the quality and service that we brought to you before our little "bump in the road". We thank you for your support and patience. Will WHWhitney The PoserStyle Team

Niles ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 11:04 PM

Thanks for your help, but as of today, I have not recieved any e-mail from PS with the exception of 1 from the webmaster (telling me contact you) that was on the 9th, and I had already e-mailed you. I also got 3 tickets emails from customer service. I will check my email when I get off work. thanks for your help. Niles

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.