Sun, Sep 22, 1:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Only backfaces visable-problem

Idol ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 5:34 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:30 AM

Hi! I can only se the backface of my new figure I have created. It is exported as an .obj from 3DSMAX and made to a posable figure in Poser. But, the texture seems to be wrong (in 3DSMAX its 2-sided) so I can only se the backside of my figure. It's appear inside-out, like if the front of the figure was transparent or something. Do anybody have a solution to this?

hoborg ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 6:02 PM

That's what is called "Flipped Normals". Poser thinks that your "outside" of the object is the "inside". So you can do some heavy duty group editing. -OR- you can import it into Poser as a 3DS. OR you can download "Objaction Two-Face" which is here at the Renderosity Free Stuff Section under Utilities. But I have never gotten it to work. Regards! and Good Luck Hoborg

brschmidt ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 7:13 PM

or... you can select all the faces in Max and invert normals and re-export it to your .obj

Cage ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 9:38 PM

Or you should be able to import your figure into Poser as .obj with the "invert normals" box checked, then export it. After exporting, run it through Compose. (If you have created the figure using the Hierarchy Editor, and have no base .obj in Geometries, ignore this advice.)

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Idol ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 1:55 AM

Thanks you all for your advices! /Marcus

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 3:41 AM

If you can put it somewhere I can download it, I could put it right for you. I wrote a program called MAKEOBJ which can sort out reversed faces (but it has too many bugs for me to release it yet).

Idol ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 5:55 AM

I used the "Objaction Two-Face" at the .obj and get it work fine (the left foot dose't work but I can live whit that). But I had to remake the figure in poser (all the joints, IK's and so on was lost). The program you have, do it make the faces right at the .obj, .crs or .pz3-files?

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 6:09 AM

It merely re-orders the vertexes in the .OBJ file so they are anticlockwise out, and you can use the old .CR2 file on it. But you must delete the corresponding mesh (= big) .RSR file, or Poser won't see the change. Please don't email it to me, it'll be too big for my emailer: upload it somewhere where I can download it.

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 6:12 AM

If any geometry is embedded in the CR2 file (e.g. props), when I will need to see the CR2 file also.

Idol ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 7:26 AM

Tank you for all your help, but now I have redone the figure so I think I will be ok with it for now.

Idol ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2000 at 8:05 AM

I was wrong! On the chest only the backface was visible. I thougth that should be no problem, when I render it it will be ok... But now, when I render it its looks like the ambientcollor is much lighter then it should an that becous of the backface.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.