Tue, Oct 22, 12:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: PStyle - RenaPD+Thip PS associates until July 2003, start brokering Feb 2003

thip ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2003 at 4:01 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:57 AM

Hi, all, PoserStyle is now close to being fit for fight once again. The whole team, especially WhWhitney has been going all-out for a month to get here, fixing 400+ subscribers' problems in just a few weeks. PS' subs have shown a patience and support that is far beyond anything we had right or reason to expect, and that's what kept us going all this time. We are all painfully aware that a number of subs, small though it may be, are still not getting the service they've paid for, and everything is being done to get these last ones back on board. At the same time, it is time to look to the future. Needless to say, we have squeezed in a few "conferences" via e-mail, while we worked to get the site back up. As nasty as this crash has been, we still have to thank it for showing us the true extent of our subs' support, and for making us clear up our thinking about PoserStyle. PS has been growing fast, thanx to supportive subscribers who have been very generous with their praise of PS stuff. Success has a price, unfortunately - the admin burden has grown heavy, as everyone has seen and felt clearly during this crash period. Since the launch of PoserStyle v.2 in the fall of 2002, WhWhitney and JoeLeGecko have been shouldering this burden, while Thip, later joined by RenaPD, have concentrated on content production (without understanding how WhW and JLG managed to squeeze in some content, too - don't those two ever sleep ??? ;o) ). WhW is now working full time on the site, and plans to make it a professional enterprise, rather than the essentially hobbyist place it has been in the early days. If energy, commitment and achievements is anything to go by, the rest of the team thinks that "PS Pro" is going to be one hell of a place !!! RenaPD and Thip, however, do not want the administrative and financial chores that go with running a business, and prefer to remain dedicated amateurs. That does not mean that they leave PS any time soon. Their PS status will change from partners to associates from February 1st. What does this mean? It means that all present RenaPD and Thip content will remain available as PoserStyle content, and until the expiry of the newest subscription, they will still be producing new content for PS. So, until the end of July 2003, you will find their stuff on PS with the same regularity as that of the rest of the team. At the same time, RenaPD and Thip will start brokering (hopefully on R'osity, the application is still being prepared) under the name of RT Productions. Their 2003 PS items will also appear on R'osity as brokered items. The PS team has been aware for quite a while now that the PS subscription, while a fabulous bargain, is still keeping out a lot of people who prefer the more expensive but also more selective option of buying individual items. The course we are now taking seems to go a long way towards satisfying both groups. Any questions are more than welcome - we'll do our best to reply as fast as possible, but please lend us whatever patience you have not already given us, we still have a lot of work to do. The PoserStyle Team

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2003 at 4:20 PM

Well, wow. Lots of changes. I have to say, though, even with the challenges you all have faced in the past few weeks, the PoserStyle subscription has been a great deal for me. I hope all this turns out for the best for all of you. And, selfishly, for us too. :)

Spit ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2003 at 9:52 PM

Scratching head here. I'm not sure I understand what this all means? I'm afraid I'm confused. After July PS will no longer be a subscription site but will sell products instead?

SndCastie ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2003 at 10:31 PM

As I told Rena I am totally behind you both 100% I am one of the ones still waiting to get the full benifits of my subscription. I do think that Will has been been a big help to me in that being I can't get into forums or Galleries to post anything yet he has graciously let me email him my pics and put them up for me. The site does have a lot of problems and I have been getting discouraged at times but will hang in there to see how it goes. :O)

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

pendarian ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2003 at 11:04 PM

Spit, I think it means that Rena and Thip will be providing content to PoserStyle until July 2003 and they are also going to start brokering their 2003 products at Renderosity...I think.

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2003 at 11:14 PM

I guess the question is, what happens to the subscriptions after July of 2003??? Will they cease or will others be providing content?

elgyfu ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 12:33 AM

I am also confused here - can we have a clear explanation of what all this means to subscribers.

AprilYSH ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 12:56 AM

I think it means after July, the stuff Rena and Thip make for PS will ALSO show on rosity. But they will also make stuff for rosity (as RT Productions) which will not be on PS.

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

-renapd- ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 4:01 AM
Site Admin

NO guys.. it's not THAT MUCH confusing! :) Pendarian got it right.. Thip and myself will go on providing content regularly up to PS up to July 2003 - no longer! Same time, all items we've done together with textures of mine (starting from Napoleonic Mike and Napoleon) up to now and future ones - will be brokered and become available individually to RMP as well.. give me sometime to start preparing zips! ;) Dialyn.. what happens to PS after July 2003 will have to be decided by Will Whitney as this is his personal business the way things have come.. if he decides to hire up a new team it's something he will decide on his own and we have absolutely no saying at! :) To make it further clear and avoid misunderstandings or confusion, myself and Thip won't be paid from PS for any of our services thus why we'll be considered associates and not partners any longer - only what we earn as brokers will be our compensation. If we have decided to make the same content available to PS for such a long time, it is only because we wish to be loyal to our commitments to PS members, not to dissapoint them and give them the time and products not to feel cheated in any way! I hope this clears it all! :) Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 5:10 AM

So, Rena. If I get it right, then whatever thip and you produce from tomorrow, feb. 1st, you will not be paid for that? Except if you sell it somewhere else at the same time? Thip er du der? Jeg er ikke sikker pjeg fatter det her. Hvorfor skulle I lave flere kvali varer til PS hvis I ikke f penge for det? I have a nasty feeling that IF I'm right, all the REALLY good stuff will be for sale here and the mediochre stuff will be left on PS. HOPE I'm wrong!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

thip ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 6:25 AM

Hi, all, As Rena describes, the change will mean very little to all present subs. For the duration of their subscriptions, PS content will be produced by the present team - Rena/Thip just gets paid by brokering their contributions "in parallel" with release of same items on PS. This was agreed upon as fair to everyone on the team, since we will only be working on content, not any admin on PS. As to the "REALLY good stuff" being sold off-PS, hey, we don't MAKE anything except really good stuff ;o) Seriously, Ernyoka, it's a fair question. The answer is that Rena and I would be shooting ourselves in the foot if we provided substandard content anywhere - and besides, we are amateurs, remember? We work for the love of it, and who would love to do mediocre stuff ;o) Rena and I are still amazed at the support PS has seen from our subs during the crash, and we certainly want to honor our obligation to all present subs, who signed on when we were still team members - that's why we continue to put our stuff up at PS six months ahead. We also know that a lot of OTHER people are willing and able to provide REALLY good stuff, so we're sure PS will be providing exceptional stuff long after July 2003, if WhWhitney's excellence in managing the place is anything to go by.

rogergordian ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 6:38 AM

So if I sign up today, I won't get your stuff?!

-renapd- ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 7:16 AM
Site Admin

YOu will get what's there so far by thip and me, plus all the items we will create till July 2003 ! :) Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

sparrowheart ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 10:26 AM

Thip and rena, will you be taking requests for any of your new brokered products? I think I probably speak for a lot of people when I say that, over time, the "style" of certain modelers and texturers just seems to become a favourite of individual artists. I am firmly addicted to both of you and would love to be able to make requests from time to time. Best wishes to you both, Kimberly

compiler ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 11:22 AM

Anywhere you go, I wish you'll keep up with the high standards you set. Your products really rock ! I also hope that they won't be too expensive. Not because they are not worth it, but because I probably can't afford to buy them all. Best wishes Compiler

-renapd- ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 12:27 PM
Site Admin

Kimberly.. there's always IM to drop a line of a certain request to keep in mind! :) Compiler.. as far as I recall in my Poser history.. I never overcharged anything.. always tried to deliver the best I could do at a low reasonable possible price regardless of what similar items are usually charged for.. it's the soft point of all old users who had the luxury to enjoy everything for free in those golden days - a few things you just can't get over no matter how long a time passes.. and I do know Thip recalls those days too! :) Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 12:37 PM

I don't know about other people, but I'm always willing to pay a little more if I find the item has versatility and is high quality. Your stuff has always shown flexibility of use. I wish you did a few more realistic kind of clothes...as beautiful as the fantasy stuff is, I have no use for it so I end up sighing over something but I wouldn't buy it just because of that. I realize, however, that the skimpy costumes are probably the best sellers and you need to cater to the crowd who will purchase the most items. I just hope you slip in some real life items as well...I'm a selfish kind of person at heart.

hmatienzo ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 2:14 PM

Rena, you know it... wherever your products go, I'll follow, LOL! -Heike-

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.