Sat, Oct 5, 12:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 11:52 am)

Subject: More free models!!

wgreenlee1 ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 8:02 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 10:26 AM

Attached Link: Free Stuff!

file_43816.jpg

More free stuff from William Vaughn and Company!

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 8:22 AM

file_43817.jpg

Thanks for the link but... I model my own stuff these days....

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 8:23 AM

file_43818.jpg

..which means i now have an unlimited suply of FREE models

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 8:25 AM

file_43819.jpg

....and i never have to download anything

My website

YouTube Channel

wgreenlee1 ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 8:30 AM

Wow! Looking good! Hey wolfie,have you tried Wings yet? Ive run into a lot of Lightwave and C4d users who are useing it instead of their native modelers. Plus,plus,plus......its free.....

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 8:37 AM

I heard its great !!!( Wings) with many export options BUT i Will need to upgrade to jaguar MAC OS 10.2 to run wings. im still on OS 10.1.5 but I will likely be upgrading soon especially if the DAZstudio Beta requires it the worlds changing fast!!!

My website

YouTube Channel

TheWingedOne ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 8:57 AM

Wings?!? Maybe a stupid question, but what is it?

dampeoples ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 9:08 AM

Attached Link: http://www.wings3d.com

it's a modeler

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 10:28 AM

I kind of have a dense question here... Suppose we download the object files... How do we get the characters to move like ordinary characters... magnets?

Bladesmith ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 11:10 AM

Thanks for the heads up, downloading as I type.... PapaBlue, that's quite a can of worms you've opened with that question...it can be done, but it ain't easy.

atthisstage ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 12:14 PM

Papa, over at PoserPros, BigT has promised a tutorial on how to take an obj file and rig it into a cr2. He's done some amazing work on modifying files, and I can't wait to see how he does it.

gtrdon ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 3:40 PM

Wings I tried it. Maybe its just me but my opinion Wings seems to have a very crude interface and crashes alot on my system.

wgreenlee1 ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 4:19 PM

Theres nothing wrong with Wings3D interface and you may need to update your drivers/opengl version. Hope that helps.

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 4:40 PM

gtrdon wrote: "Wings I tried it. Maybe its just me but my opinion Wings seems to have a very crude interface and crashes alot on my system." Wings3D is a work in progress, so if you have the latest release you might encounter some problems (crashes, etc.). I personally don't ever use the latest releases (I stay back a few), because each new release is to fix previous bugs, or impliment new tools, and sometimes when something is fixed another thing is broken in the process. Which in turn needs to be fixed in the next release. I use a very stable (no crashes) release with all the working plugins, and I have no problems on my system. But my system also includes a multiple removable drive system, so I am able to test the new releases on one drive while actually creating models for Poser on another drive. As far as you see it as having a "crude" interface: Do you mean simplistic, or in your opinion, just plain ugly? Some of us subscribe to K.I.S.S., and in my opinion, it is an adequte interface for it's purpose.

gtrdon ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 2:32 PM

Its not intuitive.
I had a heck of a time trying to get a Poser head morph
into it to try to alter the mesh. I have been trying several free, trial and shareware programs and all of them within a few minutes I was able to figure out how
to do this. (Though with mostly dissapointing results).
I use RDS 5.5 and it is antiquated, slow and clumsy but it works.
In the process of trying to learn how to navigate the Wings interface to do what I wanted, the program crashed on me several times.
The help screen didn't have much info. So without spending
alot of time taking a tutorial I gave up.

Maybe if I have a few hours to spend I will download a less
buggy version and try to find a tutorial. But I'd rather be playing and learning to use my Poser 5 right now than to deal with the frustration of tryinng to get it to do what I want.

PS: If someone would be willing to give me some hints on how to import a poser .obj , resize, and get into the edit mode I might be able to figure out the rest..

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 8:58 PM

Attached Link: http://www.artofillusion.org

I always found Wingz kind of limited. Take a look at Art of Illusion. Procedural textures, GI, animation, bones, obj import/export, runs virtually anywhere and much more. Very impressive and of course, free.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

gtrdon ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 9:27 PM

Thanks for the tip Imkenzie!
Art of Illusion is a impressive program. And easy to use.I needed no manual to navigate around.How do they do all that in less than 2 meg?

I did have a little problem though trying to create morph targets. First I scaled the object up 10 times so I could see it then I scaled it back down by 10 after editing. I did not move the location of the object in the program. But when I imported it back into Poser as a MT it caused the model act as if there had been a position shift in the MT. This doesn't happen in Ray Dream unless I move the object meant to be used as a MT.
I had better luck using it than Wings.

Momcat ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 9:43 PM

It doesn't have a zoom function?

gtrdon ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 10:15 PM

Yes but the poser object is so small that at zoom max it is still too small to work with. So the next thing left is to scale it up. I have found this out on just about any of these low cost or free CG programs. For some reason Poser seems to generate very small objects. Maybe one of CG Wiz guys knows why.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2003 at 12:04 AM

gtrdon, yes, AOI is a very impressive program and faster than I would have thought for being implemented in Java. As for the sizing thing, I've used it mainly for creating models rather than modifying them. The zoom works fine with Poser models from what I've tried. Try using the camera move function then holding down the shift and dragging to zoom. Your window has to be perspective mode for this to work. You casn combine this with the preset window zoom levels to get a pretty good zoom. You may have to play with the camera settings or position to get a really huze zoom in but I haven't really played with it that much.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2003 at 12:07 AM

Just remembered, you might try using objaction Scaler (should be in freestuff) instead of resizing in AoI -scale up before import and scale down before bringing back into Poser.

gtrdon ( ) posted Sun, 09 February 2003 at 12:28 PM

Thanks Imckenzie
After using your latest tip on using shift drag I won't be needing objaction scaler. This is AOI is slick!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.