Tue, Oct 22, 8:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: Posing V2

Nebula ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2003 at 6:22 PM ยท edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 6:32 AM

Is there a way to pose the arm say so that you dont have to twist and bend etc each joint to get it to look right? I am trying to pose V2 down on all fours so that she appears to be drinking from a bowl like a cat. I even have a picture that I'm trying to duplicate this from. But to get her arms to bend properly and her hands to look right I keep tweaking the shoulder, arm and hand adjustment dials but not getting the look I want. Is there a way to just move the hand to where you want it and the arm will align properly for that position? Thanks, Nebula

Eric Walters ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2003 at 6:29 PM

Hi Nebula My post below touches on that subject. I find V3 bends much more naturally than V2. But you can get decent results with V2. The thing is to make sure that none of the limbs are moving beyond natural limits. Check your own limbs. Your wrist does NOT rotate by itself-its your forearm for example. Use a combo of collar, shoulder, forearm and hand rather than just bending the shoulder around-which can be done-but it looks unnatural. But when you get down to it- V3 is capable of more natural poses. Good luck! This is a challenge for me too! Eric

Nebula ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2003 at 6:31 PM

What all did you buy for V3? What do I need to get I guess I'm asking? Thanks

Eric Walters ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2003 at 7:02 PM

Hi Nebula I bought the V3 upgrade (from V2), and the face and body Morphs. Kinda low on clothes so I adjust the V2 to fit-although it does not work very well. I like the Classic Wrap because it has all of the V2 morphs-and so with patience can be adjusted to almost fit V3. Plenty of V3 clothing out-and some more knowledgeable about joint parameters and such than I am have had more luck. Answer your question? BTW: I have not tried it yet-but evidently V3 can be made into a slim male character-as counter to Brawny Mike. And this comes with the base figure. Although there is a separate Male Morph pak out which gives you large variety.

hankim ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 4:22 AM

Well, you can always try turning IK on for the arms, which will move everything when you move the hands, but you might not have great luck with that -- it will work for some things, not for others. Barring that, I find it best to work from the top downwards -- start with the collar, then work on the shoulder, then the forearm, and finally the hand. This seems to give a more natural look, since what Eric Walters says is true -- almost nothing moves in isolation. Also keep in mind that if your pose is symmetrical or close to it, you only need to work on one arm, and then use the symmetry command to copy it to the other arm, which can then be tweaked as needed. And yeah, since I got V3, I am not using V2 a whole heck of a lot anymore...hope all this helps :-)

Nebula ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 8:30 AM

Thanks so much for everyones input. I think I'm going to have to get V3 myself. I've been waiting... still a bit steep in price when you consider everything you need to get for her. Just gonna have to break down and do it. Again, thanks for everyones help! Nebula

Eric Walters ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2003 at 11:04 AM

Nebula You are welcome! Hankim, as you said IK works for some things. There is a way to break the IK chain at various places that can help if you only want to move the arm and you find the upper body following. I sometimes use IK to move a limb to a certain point then turn it off and finish the pose. Nebula and Hankim that you for making me think about this. It's been two years since I looked at the manual for Poser4 and I am thinking it explains enough about joint params and such to be helpful fitting V2 clothing, One of those situations where an hour's reading might replace hours of tweaking and adjustment. Nebula. I find that sometimes all I need to do is reduce the X scale slightly on V3 body to fit into V2 clothing. Sometimes the "young body" morph helps to fit also. Just when you move the body the clothes go goofy. I have not used V2 for anything since V3. Its not a bad model-and could be useful at times. I wonder if she's still talking to me since I have been ignoring her the last month or so. :-) Eric

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.