Sat, Oct 5, 1:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 11:52 am)

Subject: Problem with a Poser file

phenomenom ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 7:29 PM ยท edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 11:30 AM

Hi everybody... well, my problem is this... once I get a T-800 Terminator Model, it's a James Torbor model, but now, I installed Poser 5 in my computer and when I open T-800 model file only the weapon is showed. This problem happens with Poser 4 Pro Pack too. What I have to do for open my file in Poser 5??? Thanks!!!

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 7:58 PM

If its a figure you may not have the obj file installed into poser 5 runtime folder. Maybe go back to original zip file and reinstall into Poser 5 to make sure you have everything. Where did you find the model?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 8:02 PM

Download the latest version of the figure and reinstall it. Questor has the Mark 4 Terminator on his site:

Questor's 3D Alcove

A few tips: turn off Inverse Kinematics after loading the figure, and select Edit Menu --> Restore --> Figure, to straighten out the legs.

By the way, I do hope you have a powerful system. Fast processor, lots of RAM? I haven't checked the latest version, but an earlier mesh had almost three times as many polygons as Victoria 3. This, plus the fact that the figure is very complex, with many moving parts, can bog down even a high-powered machine.

phenomenom ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 8:37 PM

Yes.. I've a Obj file in my Poser folder... Little Dragon, I had this model in a Pentium II 300Mhz with 64Mb of ROM... now, I've a Celoron 1.8Ghz with 256Mb of RAM and a nvidia GeForce4 Go with 16Mb, it's a mobile PC, what do you think.. can be right???

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 8:58 PM

That's more than enough to use the figure; I doubt you'll have the smoothest performance (I'm on an Athlon XP 2000+ with 512MB, and it's still a bit choppy), but it'll run. I was even able to use it on a Pentium 3-800 with 128MB, although I wasn't going to use much else at the same time. I had the same problem with the older version (the one with the weapon) in Pro Pack also, but I installed the new one and it works, even in Poser 5.

phenomenom ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 9:18 PM

Thanks Little Dragon!! I'm downloading the file now in this moment and after that I'll install it. I hope it's work now...LOL Thanks again...

phenomenom ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 9:41 PM

I installed the files in Poser but the parts are all deformed... what I've to do?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 10:57 PM
  1. Turn off Inverse Kinematics on the legs (Figure Menu --> Use Inverse Kinematics). 2. Edit Menu --> Restore --> Figure Also, be sure to read the text file that accompanies the download. It describes which parts can be posed, and which should be left alone.

raven ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2003 at 5:37 PM

Also, you may want to turn off smoothing, or else the pistons all balloon up!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.