Fri, Sep 20, 9:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: V3 ugly breast mesh deformations anyone?

phoenixblue ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 12:54 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:45 PM

file_44625.jpg

Am I the only one, with a V3 product which has a very ugly deformation? The V3 service release 1 did not bring any relief. A nightmare this :-(

phoenixblue ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 12:56 PM

file_44626.jpg

More pics. Is yours like mine?

phoenixblue ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 12:57 PM

file_44627.jpg

more ...

phoenixblue ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 12:58 PM

file_44628.jpg

more

phoenixblue ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 12:59 PM

file_44629.jpg

Right side is OK

phoenixblue ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 1:01 PM

file_44630.jpg

MarianneR ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 1:23 PM

If you are on a PC, try deleting the blMilWom_v3.rsr file in Geometries:DAZPeople. Poser will build a new rsr-file when you load V3 again.

phoenixblue ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 2:04 PM

I just did; there is no change.

rodz ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 2:08 PM

file_44631.jpg

It shows up in this render of mine to. Front Character.

Valandar ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 2:09 PM

Odd... it looks like the entire lCollar section got moved somehow... if the ytrans, xtrans, and ztrans are visible, try making sure all three are set to 0. Also, if they are not visible, open the CR2 in Wordpad, find the lCollar, and look for the xtran, etc, areas, and make sure they're set to 0. If that doesn't work, try loading in the blMilWom_v3.obj directly into poser ("Import -> Wavefront OBJ"), and see if the flaw is there, too. If so, try contacting DAZ about trying to get a replacement OBJ

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

VI_Knight ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 2:11 PM

Have you tried re-installing the whole package again?

EvoShandor ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 2:29 PM

hang on, I've seen this happen too when creating my pose packs...I got it to go away somehow...I think I saved the pose to my pose library..deleted the figure, loaded a new figure, and applied the pose again. I'm not sure if this was exactly what I did to get the problem to go away...but I think that was what did it. This problem happened after I moved some of the dials on the xyz axes on the collar portion of V3. Evo

phoenixblue ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 3:36 PM

Ok, the CR2 of this thing is HUGE. I wouldn't know where to begin changing things. I don't think reinstalling it will do much good, since it is a DAZ exe file, and other people here have the same problem as me. I did import the obj. file and the obj. is flawless (!) Weird, uh? I did contact DAZ and they told me they wuold send it to a product manager; I have heard nothing since ...

phoenixblue ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 4:16 PM

I tried the pose thing but no luck ... Anyway, I also sent an e-mail straight to tech@daz3d.com and I'm confident they'll answer me and they'll come up with a fix. They're good professionals. I'll keep you posted, folks.

Pinto ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 4:51 PM

I think perhaps that you simply have some morph setting applied on both the body dial and on the collar dial. You can set the individual body part morphs by using the body dial so it is easy to duplicate or set conflicting morphs with the total body and individual body part dials. Just review each body part dial setting and set them back to zero. Pinto

PabloS ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 6:04 PM

OpticalSingenoid ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 6:48 PM

Have you tried to "Zero" the figure? Select "body", then click on "Joint Editor". Then click "Zero Figure". I know that sometimes apllying Poses made by third parties will sometimes mess things up like that. "Zeroing" the figure usually fixes the "booBoos"... Hope this helps! Marco

Eric Walters ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 11:52 PM

Hi Pheonix I agree with Pinto. It you are not careful and just move a limb to where you want-without paying attention to normal human body movement-its easy to get that deformation. For istance- some poses I have downloaded rely on twisting the wrist. If you check your own you will see that its your forearm that rotates your hand. Well some poses turn the collar/breast to extremes-and THEN I see distortion. If I make a pose-and don't exceed a normal range of motion I don't see that distortion. I had this happen recently and found that the downloaded pose relied on "unnatural motions" once I reposed using moderate adjustments of the collar, shoulder, and forearm-restricting WRIST motion to side to side and up/down-all was smooth. Eric

EricTorstenson ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2003 at 12:15 AM

If you think it is a dial issue, saving a pose (with morph channels) will shorten the load. You could then eyeball the file (though it will still be very large) Another way is to select Body (of the character in question) and choose copy. Paste that into an editor or spready sheet. Do the same with the lCollar, rCollar and chest (each in different places to let you keep up with them) If you find some duplication in the body and some of the other three, it could be a weirdness in the redundancy of the morph. Also, it could be cross talk (if you are using p4) I have seen some pretty nasty exageration in hips just by loading a few figures (they don't have to be the same figure...just have the same parts with common names) Another thing, might be to post a pose file with the related parts set (collars, chest, arms and neck as well as any fbms that affect the chest area) Then someone else might be able to do a render to see if it happens on their machine as well. Eric

PheonixRising ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2003 at 3:27 AM

It looks like you have a scale dial active on your figure. Just restore the figure. It might have happeneded if you were using a tool icon to select parts. Check all the sdcale and taper dials. Just set whichever one it is back to zero. Anton Daz3d

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

phoenixblue ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2003 at 3:52 AM

Mmmm ... This thing is already there, immediately when I load my V3. By then I haven't even got to pose her. I did the zeroing the joint editor thing: no dice. I checked for taper or scale dials: they're al as they should be. By the way, both V3 and V3sr1 have the same prob. Vicky3 to Vicky2 doesn't have it. And I'm too dumb to mess around with the CR2. So I guess I'll wait for tech support ;-)

phoenixblue ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2003 at 11:01 AM

I sent DAZ tech-support a PZ2 because they say they cannot recreate the problem. I'm still waiting for DAZ to reply. Getting frustrated, because as it is V3 is useless, and I bought all the morphs, textures and what not for it ...

phoenixblue ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 7:22 AM

Ok, I solved it! :-) I did install patches on my old Poser4 program, but the latest patch, installed some time ago, was directly from the person who originally programmed the product, and at the time, he claimed on his website, that it was the latest and final patch. I should have followed up developments at the Metacreations site instead! I downloaded the patch from Metacreations, and my version number now reads V 4.0.3.126 Before that, the version number wasn't even there. And V3 is now FIXED! :-) Sorry for the trouble! There is at least one user here, who doesn't have that patch either, the one from the three girl pic, so I'm glad I'm not alone, looking stupid ;-) Anyone experiencing left collar deformation on V3 PRIOR to any posing, upgrade to V 4.0.3.126 The upgrade is free, and available at www.curiouslabs.com

phoenixblue ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 8:50 AM

Aaargh! NOT metacreations! www.curiouslabs.com of course Slip of the tongue

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.