Fri, Sep 20, 10:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Kitchen WIP... It's getting closer :o)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 8:20 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:39 AM

file_44930.jpg

Just wanted to show the fridge. The oven is not really new, though I might do another version. There are some weird facets at the front.

But then a little brainstorm for all you creative peeps: I plan to make it a FILLED fridge (as well as a generally equipped kitchen) so... Ideas of what to put in the fridge is welcome. I can't promise to make it all, but... Ideas please :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 8:22 AM

This is great, like the milk carton...Sharen

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 8:29 AM

The milk is actually an old item from my Free Stuff :o) As is the can and the pizza box...

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

el_jefe52 ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 8:58 AM

How about some Pepsi??? (Don't tell anyone, I'm a Pepsiholic). grin How about a six pack of beer, some left over dinner, carton of eggs, etc. Robin

pigfish ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 9:57 AM

If it's my fridge, it needs moldy cheese and some blob that used to be some type of vegetable.

genny ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 10:53 AM

How about Beer, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Coca-cola, Hot-dogs, anything you can buy that you can pop in the microwave....LOL! (Those are the things that a Poser-holic has in their fridges, you know, and that's only because they have families that insist on eating, LOL! ) And for me, there would never be a can of Dog Food, I have a 175 OVERWEIGHT, Great Dane, who never leaves anything in the can to save. (: Genny

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 11:01 AM

pigfish beat me to it. (Science note - did you know that there are molds that can eat through aluminum foil?) Otherwise, I'd suggest milk - cartons or gallon jugs, butter, ketchup, mustard, salad dressing, sodas, orange juice, eggs, lettuce, tomatoes, (and other veggies and fruits), and lots of tupperware bowls filled with nobody-knows what.

Patricia ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 11:14 AM

Half-used glass bottles of spaghetti sauce, and cat food cans with those tacky plastic snap-on covers that they only make in neon colors ;)

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 11:19 AM

That is beautiful, Love the oven window... don't forget the yuck oven rack. GREAT WORK! Should there be a freezer compartment in this style of frige? The kind that takes just barely an ice tray or two?

Sue88 ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 11:37 AM

Hey Patricia, we have white plastic snap-on covers for canned cat food! :) The fridge looks great, I especially like the shelves. Does anybody else here other than my family put bread in the fridge?

ockham ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 12:17 PM

file_44931.jpg

A fridge of this era should have a completely separate freezer compartment. The styling is post-1970, and the internal freezer was pretty much gone by then. (When I looked for this little picture at Sears.com, I learned that there are in fact "freezerless" refrigerators which look like yours, but they are extremely rare; I've never seen one in real life.)

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

compiler ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 12:17 PM

For an american fridge, the above suggestions are all right. For a French fridge, I'll take a look in mine... Mmmmh, what have we got : a bottle of Champagne, some foie gras, lettuce, tomatoes, quenelles sauce Nantua, tarama and blinis, fresh tagliatelles, ravioles, a chicken from the farm down the raod, Jambon de Parme, a complete choucroute, spinach (with cream), fish, and 26 different types of cheese (but you'll have a hard time modelling the odor...). Lol Great work on your kitchen : cant' wait to see it when it's finished.

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 1:06 PM

My fridge doesn't have any form of frezing compartment. Its called a larder fridge.They are quite common in the UK. And what does it have in it not mentioned above umm how about an opened jar of minced garlic, bacon, a joint of meat or a chicken waiting to be cooked and some white wine to go with it.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 2:22 PM

file_44932.jpg

Phew, chohole. I thought those fridges without freezer was totally unknown outside Denmark :o) You would typically have this kind of fridge if you also have a chest freezer (? - it's what my dictionary calls it, does it sound right?) though there could easily be this small freezer inside, just big enough for a tray of icecubes but almost nothing else :o) I've made some eggs now, but they are not QUITE what I want so I think they will go in Free Stuff as an add on, whenever the kitchen is ready :o)

FishNose ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 4:28 PM

Hmm.... ketchup bottle, mayonnaise tube, red and green peppers (in a plastic bag?) small plate with slice of pie, yogurt, juice in a pitcher, wine bottle with cork sticking out, beer can, jam jars, Marmite or vegemite, Philadelphia cheese, sliced ham on a plate, packet of whipping cream, creme fraiche, butter dish..... :] Fish

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 5:34 PM

A box of baking soda.

Mariamus ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 5:51 PM

My parents have a freezer-less fridge in their summerhouse! :D what about cheese that's half-way wrapped in tin-foil and a half-full cola-bottle? a brown bottle of coffee-cream? and a pack of meat which one forgot to make two nights ago, so it's stinking up the whole fridge? and for textures? what about making that icky red spot that's ALWAYS in the bottom of the fridge?

sandoppe ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 11:44 PM

Left over hotdish.....in Minnesota (which is mostly Norweigan) ya gotta have some left over hotdish! You could throw some Ludefisk and lefse in there too :) Oh...we have lots of Germans here as well.....so a can of sauerkraut and sausage....and for the Bohemians in the house....some Kolachy's!! Geeesssh...I'm getting kinda hungry! :)

phoenixblue ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 6:42 AM

Spilled stuff ... Piles of very dirty plates for the sink. Grease stains. Bottle of liquid soap. Used kitchen towels.

phoenixblue ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 6:47 AM

A dented kettle. A waistbin, filled to the brim and overflowing ... On the floor some bowls for the cat or the dog. Discoloration of the tiles ... a couple of tiles missing and plasterwork showing through Discoloration of the wall behind the oven, to indicate grease and sooth deposits. Make it Hell's Kitchen! :-D I SURE could use that one! :-)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 12:23 PM

Phoenixblue :o) What you describe there is sorta my trademark.. dirt and trash :o) and the kitchen will INDEED be dirty and... to be blunt... plain YUCKY. BUT it will of course also have a nice and clean texture map, so it would be entirely up to the user if the kitchen should be pristine or... real. :o)

HERE is a pic that shows some dirt, and I guess it's a little hard to see, but here is another pic of the kitchen where at least SOME dirt shows.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.