Sun, Sep 22, 12:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 9:08 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Male Sci-Fi Heads for Poser Coming ASAP

bonecow ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 12:21 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:20 PM

file_44854.jpg

Hi. I'm new here in the showcase forum. I've created some heads for Poser (and other applications if wanted). I still have some work to do on these before I'm finished. The only problem is I'm not real familiar with Poser (I own PPP and P5). I don't know how to go about distributing these once they are props. They have sub materials; and morphs will be included. Can anyone help me with testing and distributing? Do you think people would want these?

bonecow ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 12:25 AM

file_44855.jpg

Here's a sloppy render. The "Cage Face" is attached to Mike 2's body.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 12:58 AM

I like the alien with the mask on, and the bouncer head, #2, and #4 respectivly. I'm not sure aobut the cage face, it's interesting, just dunno what I would do with it, ever. but the heads look cool.

Ajax ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 2:13 AM

I think these are really cool and interesting. Are these meshes you've built yourself from the ground up or things you've morphed from an existing mesh? To sell them I think you'd need full bodies for them and textures and facial expression morphs. You would also have to commit yourself to making some clothing for them or find somebody else who will. Without those things, you won't get too many interested people I suspect. The Poser market is very much about complete products will full support.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

bonecow ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 7:18 AM

They are 100% original meshes. 3 and 4 are built from the same mesh; but a lot of differences. I'm going to give them away for free. I'm new and I don't think anyone would buy something from me because I haven't built up a rep. Gotta start somewhere. ;)

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 9:39 AM

The big thing is to show how versatile they are. The more posing morphs, the better. Especially ones that show expression. Also include pose files to place the object on Mike (or any other figure who's buying base you want to sell to - looks like #2 would be nice on Vicki). Texturing can also be a problem with this kind of substitution prop. If you're marketing to the Mike base, then include a Mike body texture to match the head textures you distribute with the heads. Another way of doing this is to take the head of a standard figure and morph it into faces. N0s4aT2 has done this for Mike and created a great pig, wolf, and devil morph. Then you don't have to worry about texturing or expression morphs since the new head would use all of Mikes. They look pretty good. I love the big guy to the right.

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 9:40 AM

...or you could build the rest of the body to go with it, and sell the whole character. Aliens and robot characters are very popular, and Ragbash the troll was a big seller.

Ajax ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 11:34 AM

I wouldn't worry about nobody buying from you just because you don't have a rep yet. A lot of the people that buy in the store don't have anything else to do with the site - they don't use the forums, don't post in the galleries and don't download free stuff. At least that's what I find with my customers. Also, in my case I was a total unknown with no forum posts and no gallery of my own when I started selling here and it didn't stop me being reasonably successful. If you have an interesting and unusual product that people can imagine themselves using in a few different renders, you'll do OK. You obviously have the skill to turn these into good full figure meshes and I'd guess you could do a good job on the morphs too. Rigging in Poser isn't really that hard, but if you feel uncomfortable about it I'm sure you could hook up with somebody that knows how to do it. If you find a good texturer as well you could have a killer product. I'd start with number 4 or number 2 and see how you go.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

dragongirl ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 12:38 PM

Wow - gorgeous modeling work - wonderful heads!!

bonecow ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 12:45 PM

Thanks guys. I know I can build bodies for these guys. I just thought maybe some people could use different types of heads to use with V3 and M2 or whatever else. You're only left with the geometry those models have. Why not have something a little different? Morphs are going to come with these heads. Also, textures. I'll show you guys more. You all are very helpful. Thanks again...

vulcanis ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 10:40 PM

These are very cool. If you still need/want testers count me in.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.