Sat, Sep 21, 7:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Thank You

Kiernnan ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 6:40 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 7:36 AM

As I read through the forums here at Renderosity, I see so many "ideas" and "comments" posted. And the basis of a forum is to share ideas and speak out. This forum is so very informative and all the members here extremely helpful. Art, for me, is a constant learning experience. Sometimes good, and sometimes bad. :) We seldom get a chance to say "Thank You." So, I'm saying it now. Thanks to everyone here for their generosity, and the sharing of knowledge. This is an extrememly interesting forum.

tjohn ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 6:46 AM

You're welcome. :^) I cruised around the Forums myself until I found this one. It is, in my opinion, the best around. It feels like home.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

clay ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 8:26 AM

Awwe thanks guys, myself and Agent try to run a nice clean ship for Bryce, A good place to learn about the app, gonna speak for myself and agent here too if he don't mind, but We enjoy having ya'll visit here and toss ideas around and learn etc, that's what it's all about:-)

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

lsstrout ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 12:23 PM

Clay, you and AgentSmith do excellent work. Everyone here is always courteous, even when they disagree. I too appreciate the information that's so generously handed out. It is rather homey here. :) Lin

Doublecrash ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 1:44 PM

Agree with Isstrout, Kiernan & Tjohn. It's a handy occasion for me to say "thank you" myself. Stefano

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 7:32 PM
Forum Moderator

TJohn: You mean there are OTHER forums?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 12:42 AM

Yeah, Bryster, but you wouldn't like them. :^)

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Zhann ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 12:57 AM

The Bryce forum is all warm and fuzzy...:}

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 1:15 AM

The Bryce forum is also full of warm fuzzy people and since being here for about a year I now can't imagine life without you all.........hugs :} Catlin

Kiernnan ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 5:40 AM

You know, I do kind of get a warm, fuzzy feeling when I open Bryce and see that wonderful wire mesh ground plane just waiting for me to put a materal on it. :) Then about 24 hours later, that feeling has really disintegrated my losing my temper and screaming at the program... "WHY WON'T YOU COOPERATE AND JUST DO WHAT I WANT - THE FIRST TIME" And then, I log on to Renderosity Bryce forum and find the answer. Hmmm. Do you think the yelling may be hurting the programs delicate psyche?

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 5:47 AM

Kiernnan: If Bryce has a delicate psyche, it would have died long ago from my constant screaming at it, "Why won't you do what I want you to do, and not what I tell you to do!" Maybe that's why it occasional tells me,"Bryce has encountered an error and must close now." Yeah, buddy, I got your error, right here. :^)

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 6:04 AM
Forum Moderator

I think Bryce should give us realistic error messages eg: "Hey! You screwed up! I'm shutting fown now!"

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Kiernnan ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 6:13 AM

Yeah. Or, "Hey, if you'd offer me a cup of coffee once in a while, I wouldn't be so cranky."

Kiernnan ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 6:16 AM

When I was importing OBJs into Bryce, it used to tell me all the time... "Bad I/O Media" Then, I found MeTaL Fixer, and Bryce and I haven't fought about importing objects in a while. I think it saved my marriage to Bryce.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 3:08 PM

What is it that Metal Fixer does?, I've heard many people praise it but have never understood what it's for. I have also had quite a few of those "BadI/O Media" messages and would really love to be able to load the models I want without Bryce objecting.

Kiernnan ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 3:27 PM

This will solve your Bad I/O errors. It is a free utility that takes an obj and "fixes" it. Here's the home page. Take a look. And it is definitely worth the time. http://www.fignations.com/jelisa/mtl/mtl_fixer.html

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 3:28 PM

I think it fixes the .mtl (material?) files if Bryce is having trouble reading them. Wavefront objects (.obj) have an associated file with the same name as the object and the suffix .mtl. If you have poser and have exported in .obj format, look at the files where you stored it and you'll find 2 files with the object's name, one with suffix .obj, one with suffix .mtl. Or I may be totally wrong here, just assumptions based on observation.

Kiernnan ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 3:35 PM

That's pretty much what it does. And obj with make a mtl file when it is created. If Bryce doesn't understand where to find the materials, then it can give you a Bad I/O error. Just load the obj into Metal Fixer and it will "fix" whatever is wrong so that Bryce can read it. I wasn't able to import most Poser objs into Bryce until I found that. It's a wonderful tool, especially for beginners who don't feel comfortable editing their own obj or mtl files.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 4:35 PM

Can downloaded models who get the I/O Bad Media message be fixed too?

Kiernnan ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 5:01 PM

So far, the ones I've downloaded have been ok. But remember, you may not have all the material files, so you may end up having to put your own materials on some areas of the model. Again, I am very new to 3D art. I got Bryce 17 months ago and have only had Poser a short time. So, I am not the expert. There are a TON of people here who know way more about this than I do. Good luck. And try the program. You may be surprised. :)

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 5:04 PM

Already got it..... 8)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.