Sat, Sep 21, 6:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Bones are moving out of the mesh!!!

benjamino ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 4:22 AM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 11:19 AM

Hi@all Please help me with this problem: platform: c2 I have a small little guy, i gave him bones, like the tutorial says, i defined the bones and then it happens: when i am moving the first bone in x/y koordinates, the skeleton walks out of the mesh. What could this be, a bug? Thank you very much for helping. benjamino

litst ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 5:59 AM

Hi Benjamino, Have you attached the mesh to the skeleton ?

benjamino ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 9:19 AM

hi litst, thanks for aswer and the best wishes from germany as ever... like a car without fuel...yes, i did attach the mesh. (lol) thats not the thing. sometimes when i move an other bone first, it works, sometimes not i am using a mac computer macos9.x or macos10.2.1 maybe you know something better. au revoir et merci benjamino

litst ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 9:56 AM

Well, i had nothing to lose to try ... ;) Do you have a screenshot that shows the problem ? BTW, have you patched Carrara to version 2.1 ?

benjamino ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 10:41 AM

file_45487.jpg

next empty car,,, yes, i patched, but i formerly patched the german version with the english patch. could this be the problem? that would be very bad, because i am on voyages for some weeks and the software is at home... and for new patching i should install every thing new... o.k. error and try. and here is the screenshot:

benjamino ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 10:47 AM

by the way, hands, head and feet are modeled by tecniques of your head-tutorial... sincerly benjamino

litst ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 11:24 AM

Okay i think i see the problem . You'll have to remove the constraint for the first bone and it should fix your problem ... hopefully, if i'm right . I hope it helps, Auf wiedersehen, litst

litst ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 11:26 AM

BTW, funny little character :) . Reminds me of Rustboy ... Have a good Schnaps !

kelley ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 11:45 AM

litst: as I too, am trying to get a handle on 'Bones', let me ask you this: I notice that benjamino has not put the sleleton inside the mesh object. Is this not necessary?

litst ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 1:25 PM

Actually, Benjamino did put the skeleton inside the mesh . His problem came from the fact that when he was moving the parent bone, the skeleton moved but not the mesh . That's why the skeleton is outside the mesh on the picture . Have a good Schnaps too ! litst

benjamino ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 3:24 PM

dear litst, the contstraints are not the cause.,. because it does neither work, when they are ser to free or closed or whatever. tres domage. and thank you for thinking about the schnaps, i ll have one to your favour et a votre sante... salue benjamino "lets try harder!"

twillis ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 3:28 PM

Perhaps you could upload the file?

whkguamusa ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 4:36 PM

Is your figure a group of objects with the bone set applied to the group? If it is, you might want to make sure the group is closed in the sequencer tray when you move the bones.(the bone group needs to be open to get to specific bones but not the group that is being deformed). This happend to me before and I reported it. Seemed like they said that it was fixed in the patch, but I am on a PC so who knows. mdc guam usa

benjamino ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 7:21 PM

dear twillis, dear guam i will try the group thing and i think, the file is too big for uploading... thanks a lot for helping. sincerly benjamino

kelley ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 4:41 AM

litst: Something is still getting by me here. If the mesh and the skeleton were properly attached, how did the skeleton get outside? In the models that I've attempted to 'bone', crazy things happen when I move limbs. [Must figure out this "Influences" thing] But when I move the Parent/Root bone, the whole model always follows. In fact when the mesh and skeleton are attached, I can't select the mesh. The skeleton rules all.

benjamino ( ) posted Thu, 13 February 2003 at 7:50 AM

happy litst so it does not work here. and therefore it is not so simple to create a bug report. i am sure having attached all properly and i have done all the influence things and alll the bone constrains. in fact the parent bone has to be constraint close, because otherwise the whole figure stumbles around like crazy if moving another bone:) nicely and the schnaps was very lecker benjamino

litst ( ) posted Thu, 13 February 2003 at 8:08 AM

There must be a solution somewhere ... Benjamino, try to detach the bones and attach it again . If it doesn't work, then make sure that the hierarchy of the bones is correct (look in the sequencer tray)

benjamino ( ) posted Thu, 13 February 2003 at 11:31 AM

i de and attaached alredy, but i ll check the hierarchy... so long

Nonspecific ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 1:31 AM

Guten morgan Herr Benjamino, While the bones are supposedly attached, double click on any listed part of the model within the hierarchy. This would validate whether it is indeed in primitive vertex format. If the part opens in the vertex modeler... click on any polygon to activate the properties button for bone influences. When that button is available it will display all bones specified to influence regions you have selected. If none of this happens, then the bones are not attached and, most likely, the model is not in vertex format. Hope this helps you diagnose the problem. Jeff Reid

litst ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 7:15 AM

BTW, what constraints do you have ? On which bones ? Also, do you have IKs ?

benjamino ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 8:08 PM

i havent had iks up to now. but i changed the following: i deattached all bones from the mesh. i made a new head and replaced it. then i reattached the bones. constraints were the same as before. now suddenly i had different buttons to change the bone influenses. before i had to select every bone first, then i could do the bone influence, just for one bone at one time and and one mesh belonging to one bone at one time. what i am going to do tomorow is replacing my fullversion of the german c2, patching it with the german patch and have a look on the promlem again. by the way, the moving skeleton was defently not impressed by all the things i did up to now... sincerly yor benjamino

benjamino ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2003 at 9:18 AM

dear guys... here whats new about the moving skeleton: i made a new mesh, attached a new skeleton, and tata it works. sorry about troubeling you all, but this is a very not to understanding thing... thanks for all help. benjamino

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.