Tue, Oct 1, 9:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Need Help

bulldawg66 ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 9:35 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 7:26 PM

file_45511.jpg

I have been playing with the lighting and camera angles on this image for quite some time now. I even did a full render of it before I realized that there was something wrong with it. Parts of some of the dots and lines on the dominos are missing, not only on the dominos but also in the reflection from the tabletop as well. Any suggestions for correcting this would be greatly appreciated.

dan whiteside ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 11:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.uvmapper.com/

Bryce can't handle certain types of geometries, in this case the dominos have something called Convex Facets. This can be fixed in most modelers (but not Bryce) by triangulating the object. It can also be fixed with UVMapper pro. HTH - Dan

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 4:40 AM

cool! I didn't know that.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

dan whiteside ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 11:16 AM

file_45512.jpg

Here's an example of an object with convex facets, the inset shows what Bryce does to it - ick!

dan whiteside ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 11:18 AM

file_45513.jpg

Now here's the same thing triangulated.

bulldawg66 ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 11:53 AM

So Bryce would work this way whether it was the intersection of flat surfaces or 3D surfaces? The dominos themselves are flattened cubes with spheres used to hollow out the dots. I was attempting to recreate on the screen the dominos which I actually use in that the dots are carved out of the surface of the domino and not painted on. Perhaps I should just go back and recreate them as a flat surface placed on top of the flattened cube? I feel that I would lose the depth of the object but it might solve the rendering problem in Bryce. Either that or just wait until I am able to recreate such a thing using LW. Whatever I decide, I think this one little project which appeared to be simple is worth coming back to in the future. Thanks for the help.

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 2:53 PM

it looks to me that maybe the dots go in a bit farther than they need to. just my idea..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.