Sun, Oct 6, 8:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: boots over pant leg help...

pbguy1211 ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 12:26 PM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 11:08 PM

is there a certain way to get boots to fit over pants? or do i need to just change the length of the pants i want if i want the boots to be over them? thanks!

lelionx ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 1:17 PM

if there is a taper morph on the shin of the pants that might work or making the shin invisable.usually i have to make some kind of morph for the pants to get them to look right.

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 1:21 PM

You can put a magnet over the end of the pants to shrink them into the boots. Tony

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

pbguy1211 ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 2:40 PM

tapering wasnt working the way would have liked it to, thanks for the magnet advise!

Tomsde ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 3:15 PM

You can also create a new group on the shin that's covered by the boot and make it invisible. I did that for one of my characters and it seemed to work well, you also get a fuller leg sticking out of the boot.

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 4:09 PM

It also depends on the pants you're using. Some legs taper differently than others (from the top and not the bottom). There's also some pants that have a fit-to-boot option to them. I use Tailor for this too. I morph the pants to fit a heavy leg, then use the new heavy morph in the pant to fit the pants leg over the boot. It works about 60% of the time.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.