Fri, Oct 25, 3:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Another cat...

MarcusExe ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 6:23 PM · edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 3:23 PM

file_45612.jpg

...it's my cat! Name: Stitch Age: 9 months Sleeps 23 hours a day.

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 6:46 PM

NOW that is a sexy pose!!!! How drugged was the cat. Why can't I get people to pose like that? Bsteph

Misha883 ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 9:52 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1091416

Cats! Cats! Cats! [That'l teach Jordy to whine...]

MarcusExe ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 5:34 AM

LOL nice thread! I have two good actors at home... the cat and the dog... going to send here a shot also of her (the dog) ;)

JordyArt ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 10:05 AM

Sorry, Marcus - please don't take this personally, coz I'm not having a go at you - you just happened to be the first person to do it......lol When I said about cat pictures, my main point was that they are like any other subject; a good photo of them is great. Unfortunately, like any other subject, a bad photo is just that; (Not saying this is bad, don't get frustrated or start IM'ing me...yet) Ok, ignore the fact it's a cat. Replace the cat in your mind with......I dunno..... a model soldier. The background has other objects in to take your eyes off it (dark/light objects together on the right, material with heavy texture and dark bit of thing on the left of the cat). The blow-out from the top would be acceptable if a) it was intended and b) it was even - the dark uprights and that orangey bit on the left take that 'endearing feature' out. As regards the cat itself, the DOF is good, and the focus is good. It has a nice expression. If this was a model soldier, there wouldn't be a single decent comment on it.... but it's a cat so it's ok?? Obviously I don't know the cat at all, but this looks like a generally relaxed an natural pose that shouldn't be hard to recreate under better 'technical' conditions, and produce a really great cat pic. Once again, please don't take this personally Marcus; if you read my posts over the last 2 years or so you'll know I'm not a malicious guy, and I'm definately not aiming this at you coz of anything personal - In fact I'm not aiming it at you, but at all of the photo viewers who are happy just coz a picture has a bit of fur and a pair of green eyes....... Ok, kiddies, floodgate is now open....... he he he. (",)

MarcusExe ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 12:10 PM

file_45613.jpg

Hey I intend photo as shots of life... time passes... with photos (or any other media) I can save instants of the passing life (forgive my terrible english please). Sure in this photo you will not find ANY skill, but will you trash the moment? The cat's position? As I wrote you through IM this photo is MUCH worse in its original version, and I am gonna post it now... This is lessa than a photo, it's mora a "painting"... I got the moment and transformed it in an "atmospheric" picture... Tell you the truth I saw MANY more big posters at the shop for prices around 10-20 euros of much more banal or uglier photos... 3 or 4 cats four weeks old but yes, in a "perfect" composited photo... Is a good photographer good also when he is able to take the shot at the right moment? When he is able to create the "atmosphere" and put it in his shot? I am not maniac of particulars, I'm not maniac for the perfect photo... I'm maniac of "the juice" of the image ;)

JordyArt ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 12:18 PM

Marco, thanks for your comments; alas, if only everyone was as thick-skinned ;) I actually like the original a lot more than the postworked version..... the blow-out is so much less pronounced, the colours are natural and I can certainly apopreciate why you wanted the photo in the first place.... the bored expression if pretty cool. But it's still a damned cat picture..... mwahhaaahaaaa (",)

MarcusExe ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 12:29 PM

Try watch it better... the pink of the "hand"... the colors of eyes... the light comes in giving impression that it was a fantastic summer day... the white of the cat is white and not grey even if I "burned" much detail of the dawn... and... yes, some innatural color that was in my mind ;) Trust me, it was exactly the effect that I wanted! If I wanted a poster in my room sure I choose the postworked version and not the original! Then... it's tastes... and stay cool waiting photos also of my dog and of BOTH! If the mods are not going to ban me before ;)

JordyArt ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 2:00 PM

Italiani! Non si punegarlo, essi avere no gusto....... lol - this is probably WAY wrong, but hey, I tried?!? (",)

MarcusExe ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 2:10 PM

Right sentence is: Italiani! Non si punegarlo, non hanno gusto... But hey! From where are coming all those greatest designers and mode sellers like Pininfarina, Bertone, Valentino, Armani spreading all around the world? ;) It's not a case that a sentence I know very well sounds like this: "Il buon gusto italiano" - "The good italian taste". For what I know the word KITSCH comes from Germany! LOL

JordyArt ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 2:24 PM

ROFL..... Oh, ok...... (Mike loses arguement as he supports Ferrari in F1)........ But what about Rolls Royce, Concorde, Spitfire...... Harrier..... you might have the ground covered, but we design the air..... And yes, I believe Kitsch is actually German..... lol..... hmmm. ROFL. (",) btw, How do you identify an Air Italia plane? Hair under the wings...... snigger (That's not as bad as my Italian Women jopke, but I don't wanna offend TOO much!)

MarcusExe ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 2:55 PM

This goes too far for me to understand :/

Misha883 ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 7:55 PM

HaHa! Thanks for posting! Have Fun!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.