Sat, Sep 21, 12:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 11:15 am)

Subject: Making Water

gusdrum ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 8:34 AM ยท edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 6:08 AM

How can make the "Animated displacement" in a static plane with reflection for build animated water? I need suggestions. Tanks.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2003 at 8:12 AM

I assume this is for Poser 5? You'll either have to play around with procedural shaders, keyframing changes in their values, to create a wavy or ripply effect, or create a wavy/ripply water animation (.avi or .gif format) and apply it to the Displacement channel through a Movie shader.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2003 at 8:58 AM

file_46466.jpg

Example:

Here's an animated ripple map.

(You are getting sleepy, very sleepy ....)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2003 at 9:02 AM

file_46467.jpg

And here's the result, when applied as a Movie shader to the ground plane's Displacement channel. I added a reflection map, transparency, and a reflection shader (for a true reflection of the column) to make it more visually interesting.

gusdrum ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2003 at 10:20 AM

Tanks for your help. Your final result in amazing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.