Fri, Sep 20, 6:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: re: immpresive

spider_newgent ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2003 at 10:09 AM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 4:15 AM

hi everyone, obviously i'm completely new to this gallery, as i use 3ds max and things. i was just browsing through and have to say that the majority of work in here is completely absorbing and fascinating. i'd be very very interested to know how you have all accomplished these results as i'd love to incorporate some fractal elements into my scenes. any info you could give would be great. cheers all, for your advice and thoroughly absorbing work!!!

Zbootsboy ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2003 at 7:24 PM

I am also new and have incorporated one image already, there are lots of free programs out there to get your feet wet, some are Tierazon, Flarium24, GrafZViZion, Iris and many others. Xenodream (shareware) I just found out was a 3D fractal, what I've seen looks good though I haven't tried it yet. Hope this helps..."BYE" Wayne

firefly ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2003 at 10:39 PM

Welcome spider! Zbootsboy gave you an excellent listing! You will also want to check out past forum threads as they contain a huge amount of information and some very cool links! Another way to determine what direction you want to go with fractals is to tour the gallery (which you've already done) and talk to the artists whose fratals you like best to see what programs they use! Keep us posted on how you do and fee free to post questions as you go :) There are some extremely talent and knowledgeable folks in here!

TheRingess ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2003 at 4:47 PM

Hi there. Welcome to the club. you'll probably find that everybody has a favorite set of tools. Usually they're listed under the fractal. If not, you can usually send a message asking an artist what they used. My favorite is UltraFractal (not freeware, but is incredibly powerful for $50) and can be purchased/tried out at http://www.ultrafractal.com.

Zbootsboy ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2003 at 6:33 PM

I downloaded the trial (30 days) of UltraFractal and so far am please, it also helps beginners set up their own formula's plus has layers very cool.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.