Fri, Sep 20, 8:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Mondrian Meets Mandelbrot

vdallas ( ) posted Thu, 13 February 2003 at 4:32 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:44 AM

Attached Link: //http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=333949

I just posted "Mondrian Meets Mandlebrot". It's part of a series I've been working for a few months. I love fractals, but for now, I view them mostly as parts of collages. I hope I haven't offended anyone. :-) No scan-ins. All PhotoShop. I have these in large-size & high resolution, but I'm not sure that it's worth putting out as a poster.

Among the others I've been working on are:

"Van Gogh Meets Mandlebrot" - giving me FITS!
"Agam Meets Mandlebrot" - finished but not quite satisfactory.
"Da Vinci Meets Mandlebrot" - underway
"Munch Meets Mandlebrot" - underway but the concept needs working on.

Thanks for looking, and I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Bye4Now

lkmitch ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2003 at 12:46 AM

Attached Link: http://www.fractalus.com/contest98/entries/11-005.htm

Here's my take on the same idea. I created this image about 5 years ago.

Kerry

vdallas ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2003 at 9:38 AM

Kerry,

What a wonderful picture! I struggled with the difficulty that Mondrian's simple structures didn't quite go with the vibrant colors one usually finds in fractals. So I simply went with black & white fractals. I never thought of using color translucencies! Very subtle & effective.

firefly ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2003 at 9:17 PM

I enjoyed seeing both images very much! What an incredible way to incorporate fractals into a whole other world of art. Very cool ideas!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.