Fri, Oct 25, 1:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: The Challenges or the future lack there of........

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 2:20 PM · edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 1:28 PM

Quite frankly the January/February challenge has been a headache.....I don't know what it is about this one that people just don't get, many many images were not approved ....... I'm tired of getting IM's from people who can't understand why their image was rejected, when so and so's was approved.....most of these were from people who have not once shown their faces in this forum.... What gets me is how concerned these people are about everyone elses' entries instead of their own. I got an IM today from someone that really, really, really upset me.....and quite honestly I feel like saying no more....I've made a personal decision to no longer run the challenges publicly....but keep it within the forum....not sure about logistics at this point...... If anyone has a problem with it then please speak up....I'm trying to be democratic and let everyone have some input....but in all honesty I am extremely PO'ed right now, I could spit nails.....

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

mysnapz ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 2:47 PM

Michelle, I have no problem with this and think you should bring it within the forum, I guess the original idea of a public challenge was to bring ppl into the forum if this is not happening then its obviously not working. Over at the 2d forum they run a theme for the month the images are posted in the gallery and linked to the forum that seems to work well and ppl with an interest can join in and post a link in the forum. This is all meant to be fun if its causing you grief then you must change it after all its your free time you are giving up for us. :0 )

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing. Salvador Dali

JordyArt ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 2:58 PM

I have to admit I agree. We (regulars) know that if there's any misunderstanding about what is acceptable, it's usually sorted within the first week of the challenge through posts. If people want to enter, but aren't sure what it's about they only have to drop in here and ask - we won't bite their heads off, will we? Well, not every time...... snigger I used to really like it when the entries were put into the forum; I think Alpha found it a bit of a headache, and I can certainly appreciate that from a Mods point of view it could mean extra work, but to be honest I think we're more likely to look at them here.... and if someone does go way off the mark with a picture, we can all chip in and explain why and what would make it better instead of them feeling it's just you being a bitch. I can bitch instead. I mean, I've shut up about c@ts, I can't live like a monk. (",)

PunkClown ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 3:17 PM

I'm with Mike and jeff here Michelle..."most of these were from people who have not once shown their faces in this forum.... " ~ this sort of reminds me of school commitees (and similar) where the biggest whingers and complainers NEVER turn up to working bees or offer any useful advice or constructive help...just present problems and complaints that they expect OTHER people to fix...(and then are never happy with the results...) If these challenges are giving you grief...change the format. I'm sure when these challenges were originated, they weren't meant to be a huge headache for the mods. You deserve to be having fun as much as the members. :-)>

JordyArt ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 3:39 PM

"..........for the mods. You deserve to be having fun as much as the members." Now now, Punksie, this is a serious thread, let's not drift off into a world of fantasy so early on, huh?!? he he (",)

MarcusExe ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 4:12 PM

My sea/sky picture was rejected because of clouds. And I neither got nice words when I replied that there was minimally another one out of the monochrome theme. Lipstick in the pink picture is quietly black, and it IS subject in the photo. Now, another one added... the "gold" one... it's all gold, ok, but mountains are not in gold, come on, and they ARE part of the subject. And last shooting to a blue painting... no comment. And in the "pro" section I see a (nice) photo of a white mask with blue drops on it. That's a nice shot, really, but NOT monochrome. "most of these were from people who have not once shown their faces in this forum" This sentence is not nice at all. I've been lurking here for more than one year, having no time to present me. Now I have some more time, and I got the point of competition to join in. It's a kind of RACISM making problems to "who have not once shown their faces in this forum" for me. If an image is good it will be even if that person didn NEVER post on the forum before. I'm nothing here, nobody knows me, but what happens are FACTS, from who you know and for who you don't know. Sometimes an exam of our conscience is needed, but it's much difficult to understand when. I spoke. I kept these things inside me until this topic came out. I thought I HAD TO say mine. If the most from this community will consider my words "shit" I'll say goodbye everybody.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 4:37 PM

Well Marcus this post had absolutely nothing to do with you but since you have choosen to bring it up......You didn't bother to post a damn word in this forum until you had problems with my rejection of your image......and oh yes....you did IM a complaint to me about the entries of others...... and my IM back to you was straight and to point, worry about your own entry I don't sugar coat my words, but for you this is not being nice.... Again you're bitching about others entries...is this nice of you? Hardly..... I'm done... the forum will continue with or without you.....

--- michelleamarante.com

JordyArt ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 4:45 PM

Gulp Errr... Punksie, bring back that fantasy world, please. And make it quick...... (",)

MarcusExe ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 5:21 PM

Hey MY entry HAS MUCH TO DO WITH OTHERS. And if my image gets a kick in the ass I want know why others not. And now I know. I have to think that other pictures NON MONOCHROME are there only because you KNOW the authors since more time than me. Now, This doesn't make them monochrome. And this doesn't have to give them better possibility in the competition. Partiality and impartiality are concepts to be understood well when setting up a competition. This is a DISCRIMINATION between people posting here and people that didn't post her before. For me it's a bad thing... maybe for others not. But sure... SURE ---I--- will never shutup my mouth if I see that there is different treatment in a competition. NEVER. This thing that you always say "THINK ABOUT YOUR OWN ENTRY" I did before and I did after: AND MY CONCLUSION WAS THAT IT FITTED BEFORE AND IT COULD FIT MUCH MORE NOW. This makes of you. Michelle, a PARTIAL judge. Sorry.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 6:05 PM

Actually out of all the entries that were accepted, I can honestly say I know only one person....and that would be in Zone I....so there goes your wildly intelligent theory..... You are nothing short of ridiculous in your charges and I'm tired of dealing with you on this issue.....I've made up my mind the challenge has been suspended thank you very fucking much Marcus...... I'm not giving up my good time for this bullshit any longer.

--- michelleamarante.com

jacoggins ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 6:23 PM

out of curiosity, I looked monochrome up in a dictionary..... monochrome (noun): a painting or drawing or photograph in a single hue. monochrome (adjective)1: relating to or made with a single color or hue. 2: involving or producing visual images in a single color or in varying tones of a single color (as gray). ya'll figure it out, I'm outta here....

Rork1973 ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 6:25 PM

Lemme guess...you're either a circus clown or a really good politician ?

Rork1973 ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 6:34 PM

Oh, I hope I don't need to explain who I was replying to ? ;) Just noticed two other posts sneaked in when I was writing it, heheh

MarcusExe ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 6:39 PM

Curious, Michelle... I wanted stop this useless discussion too :D You will remain your opinion, me with mine. Time will say who's right........... ? But how can be that you know only one person of the ones submitting pictures? All newbies? Looks strange... really. And then suspend the "challenge"? So something WAS wrong... but NEVER admit our mistakes... keep the head straight down and go like a bull... Rork you speaking to...?

MarcusExe ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 6:43 PM

No Rork, try put yourself in my dress... you'd get a bit upset when you see other images OUT OF THEME and they kick your when it fits better? It's difficult to understand until it doesn't happen to us...

Rork1973 ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 7:01 PM

Ofcourse I want just making a joke. I've been away from this whole site for almost 3 months for a few reasons...and it all started with a contest, similar to this. So yes, I can imagine why someone could have a bad feeling about stuff like this. It's just that words like 'racism' are a bit too strong for a nice girl like Michele. I haven't seen the contest pages, but if there's one thing I know for sure it's that Michele is a friendly, direct and very honest person. "No Rork, try put yourself in my dress..." Reminds me of a guy called Klinger ;)

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 7:03 PM

Heh.....yeah whatever Marcus......I could give a shit how it looks to you or to anyone else...the people I care about are the ones who's opinions matter to me, not yours. All I wanted was for people to have fun and learn a thing or two... It's always one bad apple who ruins it for everyone.... Funny you should mention bulls.....I am a Taurus wouldn't ya know... And with that I'm locking this thread, enough has been said.

--- michelleamarante.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.