Thu, Sep 19, 11:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: V3 Male Pack (don't throw things at me)

scupper ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 12:53 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:10 PM

Okay, so I bought the V3 male pack a while back. Never even had a reason to use it til now. I got the email. I applied the update. None of the body morphs for the malepak work at all. The dial appears, but it does nothing. Any chance someone knows what's going on? I sometimes find that V3 does this with FBM's, but usually a restart of the app fixes that. I'm using Poser 5, if that helps (or hinders) the quest for a solution.

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 1:00 AM

If you got it a while back, make sure you have the most recent versions of both it and V3 ... there was a service pak released

scupper ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 1:00 AM

I do.

tasquah ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 1:02 AM

Are you sure you did the update right ? There was deleteing involved in it ? You could be trying to load the poses from the original instalation.

scupper ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 1:03 AM

Yes, I followed the directions and deleted all things V3, including the stuff in the pose and !DAZ library folders.

tasquah ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 1:06 AM

What verion of V3 are you starting with Victoria 3 sr1.cr2 ?

scupper ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 1:39 AM

I believe so. I downloaded all the patches from DAZ, applied them, then reinstalled the Male Pak and nothing happens when I turn any dial on an FBM.

tasquah ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 1:57 AM

Sorry scupper, I am out of idea's I have read in the post about dials not working like this but i cant remember how it was fixed short of rebooting or reinstalling all of V3. Not that I recommend it , someone might come along and have the answer for you.

Jaager ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 6:07 AM

Start with a clean V3 and inject one of the male morphs. Try the BODY dial and see if it works, then. If it does, then you have probably been stressing your system resources. If it does not, save the cr2 with a new name and look in it. The dial in BODY should have a name: valueParm PBMDC_## the ## being different for each morph. The same name should be in the ERC script in each of the slave morphs for the one you choose. If the valueParm matches with the ERC control channel, the dial will work. I can only think of these two reasons for failure - a mismatch between the master dial channel name with that in the ERC script. Poser not having enough memory and doing random weirdness.

steveshanks ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 6:26 AM

I know its a pain in the neck but i had the same problem (and an error on faces)so i deleted everything and reinstalled, it all worked then...Steve

scupper ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 10:41 AM

Thanks Jaager, I'll give that a shot when I get home. It's not a memory issue, unless Poser has gone haywire, as I've got 512GB and am running no other major apps besides Poser (P5 tends to eat up all the RAM and virtual memory if anything like Photoshop or Bryce is loaded at the same time).

rbtwhiz ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 11:13 AM

Many of the INJection poses for V3 include the applicable ERC code lines. Those code lines include references to "Figure 1" and instances of ":1", meaning they will only link to the described figure. If you begin a scene with a figure loaded (as the factory default does) you will have a figure in the scene that occupies the instance of ":1". If you merely delete the default figure, when you read the next figure in (presumably V3) though she may be labeled "Figure 1" she will occupy the instance of ":2" because poser does not reset the instance until you begin a new scene. But again, if you have a default loading figure, ":1" is occupied then as well. What you should do, in the event you haven't already, is set your preferences so that poser creates a new scene without a default figure. Then try loading the morphs onto V3 and spinning them. -Rob

chanson ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 11:24 AM

I bet you don't have the LATEST V3 patch. There were two released over time. I had exactly the same problem, applied the latest patch, and all is well.

Momcat ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 12:20 PM

There were two? Victoria 3 SR1 is the last update I have. There is another?

Momcat ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 12:29 PM

Found it. SR 1.1....I really wish DAZ would come up with a way to inform folks about updates.

Spit ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 2:19 PM

I have gotten and installed the V3 sr1.1 and I thought it elminated the need to keep the folders named as they are from DAZ. I checked in some of the injector files and some of them are still pointing to specific folders. Did I do something wrong or am I just misunderstanding?

Jaager ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 5:32 PM

I forgot about cross-talk, Rob. I am running P5 and that is not a factor. A 'why did you have to be so absolute with the fix?' not a factor. The ERC should have been separated from the comforming function - or whatever the reason is, the master line in ERC should be able to be linked to a figure name - stay there and not be open to Poser substituting it. V3 cross-talk in Poser 4 - I see where that has to be planned for to avoid. As much of a PITA it is - not having JCM in conformed clothing not functioning automatically, I prefer loosing that, to having unwanted cross-talk. So P5 is worth it for that alone. Spit, Before, the files in pose went to other files in Pose which then went to !DAZ. Each morph has an individual pose and each can be called as part of a group. The group part had been going to each individual pose , which than went to !DAZ. If you moved the individual poses, the group poses could not find them. Now they all go directly to !DAZ, so what is in a Pose folder can be moved. But !DAZ is just a parking place for the actual morphs. It does not show in any Poser library, it has to be somewhere and there is no reason to move it if you could.

Spit ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 8:01 PM

Thanks, Jaager. Yeah, I understand how it works, it's just that either the second update didn't change everything or something messed up on my install. Some of the injectors still point to the pose files instead of directly to !DAZ. So I was wondering if it's just mine and perhaps I installed it wrong. :(

Jaager ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 11:38 PM

With the new update they all go straight to the source, so if some of yours go to another file with readScript - that is the individual files for each morph, then you do not have the update completely done. Each should have readScript that call a file with the path = Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:

Spit ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 6:05 AM

Ok, thanks, Jaager. I'll reinstall.

who3d ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 10:02 AM

There was V3, face morphs and body morphs. Then there was a SR1 for the base, an SR1 for the faces, an SR1 for the morphs and a UVS update. Then there were SR1.1 for each of base, face, and body with same filename as SR1 Then there was SR1.1 for base, face, and body with unique filenames. As for the malepak... there was the malepak then... an update that couldn't find the original files. An update that could find the original files. An update that could find the original files (possibly the same update) and came with instructions for deleting loads of stuff (including stuff that wasn't there to delete). If you were really really lucky you'd get this set of instructions more than one, from more than 1 source at DAZ, each time proclaiming (in different words) "this is it - THIS is the real fix!". AFAIK all of the malepak fixes except the first fix have actually been identical - but I didn't keep them all. Hope that makes things clearer :)

tasquah ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 10:17 AM

LoL clear as a bell , what ever the heck that means .

who3d ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 11:10 AM

It's supposed to mean as clear as the pin-sharp peal from a tibettan monk's religeous ceremony bell, struck firmly but crisply to call the attention of the monk gathering to the duty at hand. However, it has come to mean (most often): As clear as the dinner-bell at the nearest junior children's school, if carefully wrapped in a felt bag and rung by the smallest, weakest child at the school WHILE having his/her head dunked in the toilet basin nearest the center of the building. Assuming the actual "striker" is still being stored in the headmaster's desk drawer as a lesson to children who have no consideration for hangovers. Cheers, Cliff Bowman PS I take it you are a fellow sufferer of DAZ's attempts at being useful, friendly, and infrmative... and going a bit overboard?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.