Wed, Oct 2, 1:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: high poly count in bryce problems

saijinmax ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 12:21 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 12:14 AM

im having problem copying and pasting in bryce 5... the image im making has a very high poly count... it takes FOREVER to copy a model.... my CPU speed isent an issue.. is it a RAm or HD problem???? i would like to know the chessboard im making is at a stand still...

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 1:18 AM

copying complex objects always costs time. You could try to reduce the mesh-resolution of the wireframe. Copying and pasting also takes longer if there are more objects in the scene even if you just copy a very small object that would normally only take seconds can take a while if the rest of the scene is complex. You could make different scene-files and merge these.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 2:36 AM

also, if you go into skylab and turn everything off and then turn off antialiasing and render in preview mode it goes faster, at the expense of render quality.

brycefreak ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 4:32 AM

Could somebody be so kind and give me a rundown on the copy and paste functions for Bryce. What would you use this for, depending on what you want to do wouldn't the duplicate and replicate functions perform the same tasks. I have tried to copy an object from one scene and past it to another but it does not work. I ended up doing as rayraz says in his post and created two scene files then merged them. Signed Confused

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 5:14 AM

brycefreak, I don't think what you're trying to do is possible the way you're thinking of although I understand merge works. I haven't tried it myself. The other way to go and probibly the best is to press the create arrow and work in that dialog box to save a model/object. then you could use that saved model/object in another brX file by loading it again from the create arrow dialog. If you're still confused about this tommorrow and no one else has explained it better by then, let me know by IM (not email as I delete those unless I know who's writing me)and I'll post a screen shot. - TJ

Ornlu ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 5:27 AM

Two other things to try. If it's a mesh click edit and unsmooth it while you work on it, then resmooth at the end. Make sure your static mesh resolution and selected mesh resolution are equal. This way when you select an object, It doesn't have to recalculate the mesh.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 11:26 AM

As an aside copy and paste between files work file. I have used it extensively to mode a model or object from one scene to another. There might be a RAM imposed limit on it but I have yet to run into such - I have 512 Mb RAM and when Bryceing there is nothing else open on that machine.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.