Mon, Oct 21, 10:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Newbie Question - Poser4 / Victoria

Stevie822 ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 5:26 PM ยท edited Fri, 11 October 2024 at 7:17 PM

What should I know before puchasing some version of Victoria for Poser 4? Thanks much, Steve

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 5:33 PM

If you're wanting to buy V2, buy the CD because it's much better value than buying V2 alone, then adding clothes, hair, etc. There are boatloads of stuff (free and otherwise) available for V2, and most of it will fit Stephanie too, should you ever decide to buy that model. If you're wanting V3, make sure you have a fairly hefty system, don't forget to buy some of the morph packs and get hold of the free "Dial Cleaner" utility from DAZ. Dont' forget the SR1 packs, too. Quite a few people have recommended buying V3 as an upgrade, once you have V2, since it seems to be more cost effective.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

grosporina ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 7:52 PM

Maybe this isn't what you were driving at, but just to be on the safe side, you do realize that you can't use any third party Vicky-based character until you own at least Victoria version 1, right? If you're a full-blown newbie, you might not be aware of that.

Stevie822 ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 8:16 PM

I'd sure be disappointed if I bought the wrong item. So, I need to start with Victoria 1? before I can upgrade to Victoria 2? before I can upgrade to V3? I sure appreciate any further info. Thanks, Steve

Shoshanna ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 9:11 PM

You don't have to buy them all, you can go either the upgrade route, which seems pointless to me personally, as each is an improvement on the previous model, or just buy victoria 2 or 3 (whichever you prefer.) Have you gone to Daz3d and looked at the information they have there? That might help you Shanna :-)

hankim ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 10:19 PM

I agree with SamTherapy, I think the best route for starting from scratch would be the V2 cd...but that's just my opinion :-)

Stevie822 ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 11:59 PM

Great! V2 it is. Thanks all for the help! Steve

Kelderek ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 3:50 AM

V1 and V2 is basicly the same figure: they share the same obj file. The only difference is that V2 has more morphs. In reality that means that if you buy V2, you have V1 as well without even knowing it... V3, however, is a totally new figure with a new obj file. "Upgrading" to V3 is actually installing a totally new figure, it does not touch any V1/V2 files. The upgrade price is just a marketing thing and the "V2 to V3" upgrade package just makes sure that you have V2 installed before it allows you to install V3.

Strixowl ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 12:21 PM

I faced the same question about 5-6 months ago. Note I had the $$ (at the time :-)and invested in the DAZ Vic2 CD & Mike2 CD + the V3Base, Head & Body morphs. I used Vic 2 a few times and V3 ALL the time. I would go straight to V3Base with Hi-res textures, + the Head & Body Morph Packs. Mike 2 is the Guy for now but I will probably go to Mike 3 if he's as good as V3. I consider my Vic2 Cd purchase a waste of $$. Opinions may very Also V3 likes a BIG machine.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.