Thu, Sep 19, 4:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Corel Corporation!

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 11:55 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:05 PM

file_48826.jpg

The management! ...sorry, but i couldnt resist...

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Zanny ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 11:58 AM

i love it dude, great picture :)

derjimi ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 12:02 PM

True, true. Possibly they have banana time all day. From the technically side: awesome work! Greets, Jimi

Mr-Gibs ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 12:03 PM

LOL, thanks for brightening my day!

BlueArdor ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 12:03 PM

lol that's hilarious. I love the monkey reading the software package!

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 12:06 PM

ROFLMAO.

Claymor ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 12:06 PM

Looks like a nightmare after a bad evening of trying to install while watching Jumanji. Great Pic!!

deadman67 ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 12:18 PM

kinda looks like a movie and i would call it Bubbles & Jacko the Night Jackson Spanks his Monkey.

tjohn ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 12:23 PM

The obviously great humor aside, this is an excellent technical achievement.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 12:32 PM

BTW, Sorry if the title is misleading...just couldnt think of anything more suitable. The only reason i renamed it for my gallery, is that i dont like law suits very much...

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 1:36 PM

LOL great piece of humour and if the management were primates it would be easier to get them to sell Bryce to Pandromeda. 8) Cat

Zanny ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 2:03 PM

Ive just noticed the monkey in the corner with the dunces hat on lol

nuski ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 2:14 PM

I find your representation of the Corel organization as chimps offensive..... to the chimps of the world that is!! You can't compare chimps to knuckleheads! . . . . Chimps are higher on the evolutionary scale!! : )

BOOMER ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 2:31 PM

OUTSTANDING job, Rochr. Nice impression of the exec boardroom complete with rendition of the chairman. Very nice render and lighting.

Because I like to blow $%&# up.

Don't fear the night.  Fear what hunts at night.

lsstrout ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 2:58 PM

Rochr, how'd you get into Corel to take this photo? ;) Terrific pic!

garcia ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 3:15 PM

Sweet!!!!! "LOL"

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 3:32 PM
Forum Moderator

Wait a minute! Suits! Where are the suits? Execs wear suits! Where are they? Come on! Fess up! Suits! I need suits! You know? Shirts, ties, suits! Well I just laughed and laughed!!!!! The Bryster

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 3:38 PM

Impressive and so very funny! I love it!

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 5:27 PM

Nearly had an accident. You have a deliciously vicious sense of humour and I really appreciated seeing this! Thank you!

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 5:28 PM

On the technical side, how did you do the fur?!!

ocddoug ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 5:36 PM

LMAO, funny as it is technically professional. Love the monkey with the dunce hat on ;-) Doug

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 5:38 PM

I first tried with the basic chimp texture, but it was just to flat, so i used it as a base, and did some painting with the Wacom. Still getting familiar with it, but so far ive found it to be very useful for stuff like this. And its great fun too! :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 5:48 PM

Ah! Wacom's are very cool! I got my first one about 5 1/2 years ago and wouldn't dream of a computer without it! Thanks for sharing. BTW nicely done.

Brendan ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 5:55 PM

I hope they see this and pause for some though about why we all think it is appropriate! All round Good'n!

Flak ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 6:05 PM

Very sweet pic, rochr.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

gregsin ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 7:52 PM

LOL :)

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 9:24 PM

Aye, it reminds me of that scene in Zoolander, where Derek and Hansel (He's so hot right now!) are beating on an I-mac looking for "the Files"! Good times, I love it Sir Rochr...!

foleypro ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 9:26 PM

Stunning work and more then likely true...

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 11:40 PM

Hahahaha, remember that one shadowdragonlord! :))) Its hilarious!

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

treemont ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 12:31 AM

Yeahhhh!!! "Banana time", that's what they all are probably doing, lol, what about the one in the corner? Is he feeling bad? Ohhhh...

Doublecrash ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 1:13 AM

Amazing. ROFL :)

draculaz ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 3:15 AM

absolutely amazing

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 3:25 AM

ROFL :)) The one in the corner wanted to sell Bryce to pandromeda for just one Banana. Now they want 2 million banana's. Fantastic image. Should we send it to Corel?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

cambert ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 5:48 AM

LMAO - brilliantly funny and technically brilliant :-)

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 7:41 AM
Forum Moderator

Suits! Where are the Suits?

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 9:34 AM

They ate the suits! Sorry... :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 12:31 PM

Now that's monkey business. Cool picture.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 12:58 PM

Oh man... That has me laughing so hard that I couldn't see! Not only is this true of Corel in some regards, but I'm sure by changing topic of the first line on the chalkboard from Bryce that it would apply to other things as well (M$, cough cough.) All I can say is excellent!

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 1:26 PM

How about Apple or any company with software developers that have no clue? Dopey software engineers took out the base station configuration dialog out of airport config. Unfortunately that was the only place to set the channel for airport. Should be able to change that even if you are not acting as a basestation. Had to change the pc's and router settings so the mac can access the internet. Also for being in the mindset that you are only interested in connecting to a network as opposed to connecting to a wireless router. This happened some time ago but it pissed me off.

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 7:07 PM

Being mad about stuff is really hip, these days.

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 7:19 PM
Forum Moderator

Agh shucks! I liked suits! The Bryster

Jacksmyname ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 7:01 PM

I'm just a lurker here, but I had to reply to this post. I've been laughing hard for the last 10 minutes. Thanks for this.

Wombat ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2003 at 8:27 AM

Actually Corel is in the hand of "numbercrunchers" with no real vision. Guys, that have never seen the glow in the eyes of a real artist confronted with a dreamtoy to work with. (No, that is actually a must to save the company even if I more like guys with visions of top)

They are not bad or evil or what ever. The problem is that they see numbers and not art. So if we all want to change anything we must SHOW them that there is a big Brycecommunity worth serving! Many said: Bryce 5 is not enough I will upgrade to 6 and wait until. Sure and that made them think the market for Bryce is gone. Because they had no idea why they could not sell enough of 5. Inform them!

What about a "SAVE BRYCE" demonstration of artists? Sending them our creative output..showing what we all do with that toy. So they MUST accept that Bryce is more as they ever thought.

I had the chance to see some of the big ideas they had for the next Bryce, short before it was on hold. Features never seen in any of the competiting softwarepackages around. I had the glow in my eyes for sure.

So help all to make them think again. The ventura fans done the same and there is a new ventura. And we can not do it? Sure we can! Let Corel know we are many and we want Bryce Pro (aka Bryce 6).

Best wishes

Thomas

Rochr ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2003 at 9:48 AM

A "Save Bryce" demonstration is actually a great idea, and im all for it, if it can be done! If anyone have a suggestion, please post it! I dont think Corel are bad or evil either, but i know that they are pretty stupid or very isolated, if theyre not aware of how big the Bryce community really is! Just a simple search on the web on "Bryce gallery" generates 125000 hits. Even if there are doubles, the top names should lead them to communities like Renderosity, 3Dcommune etc. Compare the number of pics in the Bryce galleries with any other one! Heck, Conan Hunter used to be a member here, he should know how many users there are in this community alone! So atleast someone at Corel should know about this already! But a demonstration could wake some of them up, so why not try?

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Wombat ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2003 at 10:57 AM

That is what I think...show them we will not accept such a decision. It is ok if they find a new home for Bryce if they not want creating a new version. But actually we have the bad situation of a product dies while the owner waits...waits...waits. (for what?) Yet Bryce is well known..but what in 2 years? What if there is then only a new owner that want's parts of Bryce for further use like the textureengine? The same will happen as happened to Canoma and others before. Yet is the time to say STOP to that stupid waiting for nothing. Corel should think again and say: Yes, we will have Bryce 6 but a little later for sure. Or they should say no and try all to sell it soon so another company can do what Corel is not able to. Thomas

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2003 at 6:46 PM

I'm all for protesting for the future of Bryce, but how many folk live close enough to Corel to actually carry it off. It would cost an arm and a leg for me to get to the states to begin with, never mind the cost of accomotation etc. If they have a place on this side of the pond we could perhaps do an American protest coinciding with a European protest, I'm sure if this were to happen they would have to take notice of it. Cat

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2003 at 11:29 PM

Or we could send letters and emails... tons of them. Make them sick of them until they have to do something before their building implodes due the paper weight!

Wombat ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 3:35 AM

The point is that they have to know there are enough interested in Bryce to give it a future. If done with letter or mails or direct protest or whatever...or all of it and more...it has to be done! Show Corel that there are many Brycelovers out there! What could be interesting is a "Save Bryce" logo that can be used if publishing any Bryceartwork to place on the picture. So all see Bryce-art find out about the situation. None should publish any Brycework without that information. Thomas

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 3:55 AM

That's a great idea. It could also contain a link to a page with information and maybe a pre-made letter to Corel to send by e-mail if they want to do something about it.

Rochr ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 10:05 AM

Why not try with something as simple as a name list? And once we have a large amount of names, send it all to Corel with some words on what its all about!

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 11:10 AM

I've put this in other threads but I'll put it here too. I discovered that a friend has contact with people on the developement staff at Corel. He will find out information for us if we tell him what to ask. So please give me questions he can put to these guys, the sooner the better folk. Cheers Cat

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.