Fri, Oct 4, 10:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:35 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Challenge to Bonestructure

Styxx ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2000 at 11:58 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 10:14 PM

As I have been challenged by Winslow to create an original fuzzy cartoon style character in the sci-fi genre, I would like to continue this challenge on to you, Bonestructure. Create an original fuzzy/furry character but for you, it will be in the fantasy genre. You must use only your own original props and textures. From what I have seen of your fantastic art, this should pose no problem for you. Will you accept this challenge? With Respect, Styxx

bonestructure ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2000 at 3:13 PM

I'll give it a try, but it will take me some time since I'm in the middle of another project at the moment.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Styxx ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2000 at 5:21 PM

No prob.. It will take me some time as well. There is no time limit on this challenge :) Good luck to us all!

winslow ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2000 at 5:25 PM

Nope! No time limit! I'm now in the process of clearing up my hard-drive so that I can do justice to whatever Bonestructure throws my way.

bonestructure ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2000 at 7:16 PM

I'll have to look at some of your work Winslow, and see what programs you have and all before I throw a challenge your way.

winslow ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2000 at 7:50 PM

Great bonestructure! The only thing I have posted at Renderosity is at http://www.renderosity.com/photos/Message100601.jpg I have precious little by way of progs at home, but have access to 3DStudioMax3, Bryce4 and Poser4 at work, and permission to use them for noncommercial projects that don't interfere with work. The boss is a pretty good egg that way; either that or he thinks I need all the practice I can get! heh heh I can do post work at home in Corel PhotoPaint as well (usually required) I look forward to hearing from you soon, and to seeing what you and Styxx come up with :-)

bonestructure ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 12:56 AM

Okay Winslow, this is a challenge I've been working on myself. It should use 3D Studio Max and Bryce. It doesn't need any figures unless you choose to put them in. The basic setting is a hostile alien planet. Sounds easy huh. But this planet is in transition. It's being terraformed. I want you to show both the alien environment, and the effects of terraforming on it, AND, I want the focus of the scene to be on the actual terraforming machine that's doing the job.

winslow ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 1:46 AM

Challenge accepted :-)

Styxx ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 6:04 AM

WOW! Great Challenge Bonestructure! Best of luck to you Winslow!

archlite ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2000 at 1:17 AM

Very cool challenge!

"But I being poor, have only my dreams. I place my dreams at your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams." --William Yeats

bonestructure ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2000 at 10:39 AM

I'm having problems doing mine, but I'm still working on it

Styxx ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2000 at 1:20 PM

No probs Bonestructure..there's no time limit on this one so take all you like :)

bonestructure ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2000 at 11:03 PM

This is gonna be VERY slow. Instead of just being a simple challenge for me, it's turned into a major project of trying to build a character from the ground up.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.