Fri, Oct 25, 1:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Photo Clubs and Associations

Wolfsnap ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 2:20 AM · edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 1:29 PM

Just thought it may be interesting to possibly compile a directory of photo clubs and associations available to members here, based on location. (For example, in my location, around Greensboro / Winston-Salem, NC, the is the Associated Photographers Guild, on Cherry Street, Winston-Salem). I am poorly prepared for this post (as I don't have addresses and phone numbers) - but, pending interest, I will be more than happy to compile a complete listing of clubs and associations here in North Carolina. (BTW - anyone here from the Southeastern US?)

JordyArt ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 10:49 AM

Great Idea in principle Wolfie, but in practice? piffle.... it'd be easier to organise a trip to the beach on a desert island. Oh, actually, THAT would be easy to arrange, wouldn't it? BTW, that reminds me, we were gonna do a proper map of where people where, gawd, ages ago!! We've had a change around of regulars since then, how about we try again for a laugh? (",)

starshuffler ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 11:18 AM

Actually, there is a part in the links section of the RC for photo clubs and organizations. Now if people can find those links... (*

randyrives ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 4:24 PM

I live in Mississippi and we have a Camera Club here in Meridian. I have never attended a meeting. They meet on the 1st Monday Night of the month. Monday is my bowling night :)

firestorm ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 4:36 PM

don't go to a club or know of one in my area but i'm prepared to do the map thing.

Pictures appear to me, I shoot them.   Elliot Erwitt

MarcusExe ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 9:00 AM

I just realized the site of the club where I subscribed... so I find the opportunity to show you my work ;) http://www.nablasoft.com/amigoscs/index.html That's not the definitive address... soon it will move to its own domain name.

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 6:22 PM

Just a suggestion but why don't we start with reposting the last map. Bsteph

JordyArt ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 10:22 AM

hmmmmmmm...... might have something to do with the fact that the last map ended up being about 7 maps, all with funny faces and comments on....... I think we should actually do a map for each continent, coz a world one was too small. Anyone got a decent map?!? (",)

MarcusExe ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 10:57 AM

I have got a decent map.

Wolfsnap ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 12:33 PM

If you want, I could do a vector-based global map in Flash that can be zoomed in without loss of resoution - we could eben let everyone put in a line or two of description.

MarcusExe ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 1:08 PM

Going to become a big project! lol

MarcusExe ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 1:08 PM

Going to become a big project! lol

JordyArt ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 2:17 PM

Wolfie, now you're just being a show off....... (".) I didn't say no, though, did you notice that?

Wolfsnap ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 3:08 PM

LOL@Jordy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.