Sat, Sep 21, 6:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: poser 5 image mapping

Burnart ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 1:10 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:05 PM

I'm having a frustrating day with Poser! I created an object, successfully imported it into Poser then attached an image map in the material room as a part of the objects surface. All was ok until I wanted to move the object - the damn image map slips off and moves around instead of tracking with the objects surface. Can someone suggest a solution? (Before anyone asks, no I don't have the "global coords" box ticked.)

gryffnn ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 6:24 AM

That was my first guess. What material node to you have it attached to?

ronstuff ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 4:21 PM

Did you apply UV mapping coordinates to your object? It sounds like the texture is being projected not UV mapped.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 6:56 PM

Did you apply the image map to the Reflection channel? Was a Sphere_Map node involved in any way?

Burnart ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 10:56 PM

The question I guess becomes one of whether Poser creates UV data or whether you have to import it along with the model. I think you are going to tell me that it has to be imported. My model maker doesn't generate that data so if Poser doesn't generate it either then I need to place another program in the production chain. I've checked some other posts and downloaded UVmapper and a couple of other things. Thanks for the help.

ronstuff ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 1:54 AM

Attached Link: http://www.uvmapper.com/

Poser will NOT add UV mapping to your obj. It has to be there already - without UV mapping, about all you can do in poser is color it and apply simple tiling textures - which is fine for many architectural models and some props, but very limiting for realistic organic objects. If your 3D modeling program does not have UV mapping, then use the free (Classic) version of UV Mapper from Steve Cox at the link above, or better yet, buy UV Mapper Pro because it's about the only thing you will ever purchase for Poser that is worth every penny you paid for it.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 2:33 AM

Actually, Poser's grouping tool has a very rudimentary UV-mapping function (Create Perspective UVs), but I don't think you'll find it particularly useful in this case.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.