Fri, Oct 4, 4:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Celebrity Morphs wanted

andyjlee ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 12:45 PM ยท edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 2:25 PM

I'm on the search for Head Morphs which can change the standard P4 womans look to that of famous actresses. In particular I would love someone to produce a head morph to give an accurate Sigourney Weaver. Reason I am attempting to produce an Alien series of images. Have plenty of vehicles and even the Alien, but just don't have an accurate enough model to take the place of Ripley. If you could help in this, I would be most grateful. Any other actresses / actors, especially science fiction characters, would also be of interest.

Nance ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 12:56 PM

You've alread hit Props Guild/Characters we presume?

Ricardo ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 3:34 PM

I think you have to build a new head developed from a photo of the subject then exchange it for the Poser head. I've done this with various degrees of success with Lynda Carter and Princess Di. If you have a high-res close-up photo of Sigourney (needs to be exactly front view, no angles) plus an exact side-on view, I could give it a try. You could play around with morphs and expressions forever and never get close to your subject.

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 6:54 PM

Ricardo: How did you build a head from scratch? Which software? What technique? Thanks :)

Ricardo ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 10:34 PM

I use Hash Animation Master but you cold probably use any modeller which has the capability of loading an image as a background template. I have a generic head model. I load it along with the front-view photo of the subject. Tweak the mesh control points until it matches the main features of the photo, then same from the side (then the front again, then the side ...!). Export the model in a suitable format for Poser. Apply a UV map to the model using UVmapper. Make a texture using a version of the original front view photo on the UV map. Import the head model to Poser as a prop. Position it. Use the swap body part for prop function. The new head is now the Posette head. Apply the texture. The new head has a fixed expression at present, but you can go back to the original model, tweak it to a new expression (maybe using a different photo) and use it as a morph target for the new head in Poser.

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 7:51 AM

Ricardo, very lucid explination, thank you.

andyjlee ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 12:40 PM

Just a quick note as this seems to be drifing somewhat. I understand the reason for you saying that modelling a completely new head using your method, would be the best and most accurate way to produce the look of anyone famous. But as I am not particlarily skilled (patient), as far as spline or path modelling is concerned. I thought the next best thing would be to ask if anyone could help out, and find or even produce the morph targets necessary. I know it's lazy and I should give it a go, but with work and other commitments, things like modelling organic forms are a tad tiresome. When I first tried poser, way back in the days of version 1, I must admit the idea was sound enough but the quality was far from perfect. Now I have Poser 4, and I'm am amazed at how far this little program has come. Many thanks to Nance for pointing me in the direction of Props Guild, although I had visited the site on several occasions, I had failed to see the Ripley character. This model will do just fine, at least for now. Fianlly I do enjoy modelling don't get me wrong. I love to model props such as furniture and the like, and if anyone has a request for such, I would be gald to help out if I can. ( Note there are many tutorials on the modelling of heads, goto 3DCafe for some wicked ones ) Thanks everyone for your help, shall be posting some stuff very soon, probably this weekend, so that you can see for yourselves. Till then cheers.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.