Fri, Sep 20, 12:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: How's everyone coming with "Feed Your Dreams"?

headgamer ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2000 at 9:57 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:33 AM

Well, given that I have little time to work on it (and having trouble with some textures - surprise, suprise!), plus my family was in town all last week, I am running behind on mine. It's getting there, but just not quite there. Still, I am curious how everyone else's is turning out. Sorry, it's just a little slow around here and thought I'd get some conversation started... Who all is working on a version? Headgamer...

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2000 at 2:11 PM

It's on the sketch pad but I've been hammered at work. Maybe by next weekend? Mark

headgamer ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2000 at 3:52 PM

Fine by me! Gives me more time to work on my weak effort... 8^) HG...

aeryk71 ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2000 at 9:09 PM

Same here, work and family... Not sure if mine will be great, but it looks interesting on paper. :-) Aeryk

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 5:58 AM

How about we go to the end of May on this one? Sound good? Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 6:08 AM

Cool by me.

headgamer ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 7:46 AM

That's cool... Gives me time to tinker with it to make it respectable... 8^) HG...

aeryk71 ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 11:39 AM

Cool with me too! Question for everyone... Has anyone got, or made (I tried, but to be honest, I just suck at modelling so far) a Funnel? I've done a search of various sites, but no dice so far. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Aeryk

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 1:12 PM

funnel.jpg The spline modeler is your friend. This funnel took about a minute and a half. Agreed, spending time with the modeler initially can be frustrating. But it pays off in major time savings once you become little more proficient at it. Keep it up, it just gets easier and easier! :) Mark

headgamer ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 1:55 PM

Damn, Mark.... you rule! HG... P.S. So, care to tackle a bump map that will (relatively) accurately portray the sulci and gyri (i.e., ridges) of the human brain? That one has been driving me nuts! (Now there's a challenge for ya!)

aeryk71 ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 5:13 PM

Mark Rules! :-) I thought I tried that, but I'll give it another go tonight. Everyone cross fingers. Aeryk

mvernon ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 8:51 PM

Hi all, Pardon my newness, but what is "Feed your Dreams"? Vern

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 6:26 AM

Hi Vern, 'Feed your Dreams' is the title (provided by Clint) of on image that you create. When we get them done we'll post in the forum just to see how everyone handled the image thought. Just for fun kinda thing. brain.jpg Hi HG, Any 'shader only' didn't seem to work to well with the brain thing. Consequently here is a speedy workaround. However, I don't know if it's what you're looking for. Something to play with anyway. Mark

headgamer ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 7:26 AM

Damn, Mark, like I said earlier... you rule! Yeah, I was working on the shader for a while an just can't get it to look right.... Problem is, I have a good brain model, so using the terrain would not work. However, maybe if I create a grayscale t-map like the terrain you have designed above, that may work better. Up until now I have been using wood, noise, waves, and the like to try to simulate the sulci and gyri, and it just doesn't look right... hmm....something to think about... Thanks, HG...

headgamer ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 7:33 AM

Hmmm... interesting. I just tried that for a bump map Mark, and I got nothing. Brain stayed ultra smooth... I cut and pasted your terrain above and saved it as a jpg bump map, replaced my mixer bump channel with the tmap, but got nothing. I wonder what I did wrong... HG..

aeryk71 ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 10:28 AM

Mark... Thank you for helping me to start understanding the Spline modeller! Your simple picture showed me more than the 2 books I have have been able to explain. Thanks! Aeryk

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 11:23 AM

Aeryk, Glad it helped, learning more about this stuff is cool. (At least that's why I keep showing up) bs2.jpg Now this one was fun to build! HG, The bump maps didn't go deep enough. But I found away to create the illusion by mapping to the highlight & color channels. I'd post the image of the shader tray but it's really deep and wouldn't fit on the screen. I can post the shader later if you're interested in it. It wouldn't be until this evening or tomorrow morning though. The job is getting in the way of whats important again! :) Mark

headgamer ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 12:26 PM

Mark - that would be most excellent! Or you could even email it to me directly at blackhole14@home.com. See you online tonite... HG...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.