Sat, Sep 21, 3:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: what is it???

mafenther ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 11:21 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:06 PM

It is everlasting It is what we need Is is what our heart feels like, When it is burning with desire. It is what consumes us all, When we are doused with hatred. It is what comes after the tears, Growing bigger and stronger over the years. Lust and greed is it's food It is what will lead a path of destruction through our lives It is what gives us that impulse to become a little demonic child. It is what lights the darkest of all hearts. Brightening it to wher eit will show the snow covered caverens and the decapitated snowman laying beside the snow angel who is impaled by the everlasting icicle. It is what will lead to the destruction of mankind Slowly devouring each and every sould, you nor I can escape it. It is everywhere, it is everlasting...... Please tell me what you think of this.

ShadowWind ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 11:40 AM

Very poignant and timely considering the current state of the world.

judderman ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 12:48 PM

passion? love? desire? that's some good yomping dude ;)

Charmz ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 6:10 AM

great question.. what is it?

Shoshanna ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 10:03 AM

I only have two stock answers to riddles... Answer one :time Answer two :an egg If I have to pick one, I'm going for time, Other guesses include Ambition? Life? So what is the answer? Shanna :-)

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 10:15 AM

LOL, Shanna...an egg???? :) I love that. BTW, mafenther ... "its food" is the possessive "it's food" means "it is food" which means Lust and greed is it's food translates as Lust and greed is it is food which I'm betting is not what you want. Laying is the act of putting something down, including ones self - laying his gun on the table Lying is to lie flat, prone- she was lying on the couch I think your snowman is lying beside the snow angel. There are some other things a spell check would fix. I tend to post before proofing so don't take this as a major complaint but coming from a person who does the same thing....I am not a spelling or grammar whiz by any means.

mafenther ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 10:48 AM

oh ok...uhhhhh...my bad i'll post the answer when i get more replies thouguy

mysteri ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 1:25 PM

Shanna: My precioussss, what have you in your pocketses? Can we eats it? =)

Shoshanna ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 4:09 PM

lol mysteri, you've been looking in my library! Shanna :-)

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 9:56 PM

I think the answer is passion.

One thing that jumps out right away is the really long line in the middle of the poem. I'd cut out a few words and break it up into 2 or 3 lines:

Brightening it to where it will show the snow covered caverns
and the decapitated snowman laying beside the snow angel,
impaled by the everlasting icicle.

And a gud spel cheker iz a happee thing! ;-)

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 10:10 PM

By the way, welcome to the Forum! (Sorry, I'm a bit scatter-brained at the best of times, let alone on a normal day!) ;-)

mafenther ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2003 at 8:05 AM

I guess that i will reveal the answer. When I was originally writing this I was thinking of fire. And it formed to where fire would be a metaphor for hatred or anger. So there is the answer.

ex_cal ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2003 at 10:59 AM

Whoa, a lauriete! (sp?) Great work mate :D

cristab ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 8:22 AM

Free will maybe? Not sure I have a few answers it could be =) Neat riddle though maf =)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.