Tue, Oct 22, 10:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 10:16 am)

Subject: Pose folder management advice?

taerin ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 3:51 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:21 AM

Hey guys - I'd love to get some advice regarding managing my Pose folder. I have nearly 200 folders in there, and it's starting to take an unreasonable amount of time just to scroll through the list. I've taken to looking at the titles of the folders in Windows Explorer instead of in Poser itself.

I've tried to consolidate - folders that have only one item in them might get combined, for example. The problem is that I like having things in separate folders so I know what's what.

What have you guys done about this?

TIA,

• taerin

NPeters ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 5:53 PM

Recently I was faced with the same problem: A large, unwieldy amount of material in the Pose folder, so much, in fact that the entire menu would not show. Pbooost will not work for me as a means of organizing files, so I developed a method of my own. I organized modules of folders with various headings such as Animals, Female Costumes, Wings, Footwear, Jewellry, etc. In each module I placed folders that were relevant to that topic. The titles of these subfolders always started with a + and you will see why in a minute. For example, in the Wings module, I would place +Fae Wings, +Butterfly Wings, etc. When I wanted to work with a particular module, I would cut and paste the entire contents of that module outside of the module folder but within the Pose folder. Because these subfolders had titles beginning with + they would rise to the top of the menu, and the entire Pose list was short and easy to manage. When I was finished working with a module, I would simply cut and paste the contents back into the module folder. Yes, it takes a bit of extra time, but the alternative was to combine folders (a nightmare) or suffer the consequences of a list so long that only part of it was even visible. May not work for everyone, but I find it does for me.

PeterWahoo ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 6:09 PM

My advice: Buy PBooost in the Marketplace for $20. You'll be glad you did. For more info on PBooost do a search in this forum.

Cyhiraeth ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 12:53 AM

I have to agree with the PBoost. I just bought it about two weeks ago and organizing was a breeze. I then organized my textures by categories like: Victoria, Michael, Animals, Architecture and Furniture, Posette, etc. Then under those, I broke it down farther. Makes it MUCH easier to find things.

taerin ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 10:57 AM

Thanks guys - I'd never heard of that app before. But until then - NPeters - are you creating your main folder modules outside of the Pose folder? TIA, - taerin

NPeters ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 11:44 AM

Taerin, no, the modules are within the main pose folder. There are sub-folders within each module. Suppose I want to work with female clothing, I cut and paste all those subfolders to a space outside the female clothing module, but within the main pose folder, so that each subfolder becomes visible when the pose folder is clicked.

compiler ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 11:57 AM

P3Do explorer is a great folder managing tool too. And it's free...

taerin ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 12:01 PM

Ah, I see. That makes sense. You retain the individual folders which help you know what's what, but you only actually see them in the main list when you specifically put them there. That's a good workaround, thank you. :-) - taerin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.