Fri, Oct 25, 7:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Aaack......I'm drowning in posts.......!

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2003 at 6:30 AM · edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 5:30 AM

Well I'm back.....! And see I really did need that vacation...I had my dates all screwed up and thought I was coming back later today (Sunday)instead of yesterday afternoon... Had a good time, took pics, roughly about 200 images (not alot by my usual standards), and I'm now in the process of getting them off of the notebook system. It was no big deal to download them from the camera into the notebook but getting them off the computer is turning out to be a long process. I think it's my fault really, and I'll explain. When I usually download off the digicam into my desktop I have the Minolta software convert the jpg files into tiffs...which explodes each image into a 14 mb file. At first I thought I would burn the files to CD....but then it is a lenghty process and I can't fit a whole folder of images onto a CD! So what I decided to do was transfer the images from the notebook back onto the card and then into the desktop, which is a much quicker process even though it sounds like a lot of work. Anyway, I'll be spending time go thru my images and finding a few to post when I get the chance....and I can't believe how many posts there are.... shyte looks like you all had a party while I was away...I missed all the fun!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Rork1973 ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2003 at 6:57 AM

Glad you had a great time ! Looking forward to seeing ALL your photos ;)

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2003 at 7:02 AM

Heh! I would not do that to you.....mostly family stuff anyway...I've been to Disney World so many times that I don't run around taking pics of everything and anything. But I tried to find the things that most people don't notice and I may have a few successful images, but I'm not gonna kill you with ALL of it.

--- michelleamarante.com

JordyArt ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2003 at 7:23 AM

Glad to have you back with your batteries recharged - hope it did you some good! Mind, by the time you read all the posts you missed, you're gonna be wrecked again.... ce'st la vie..... (",)

starshuffler ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 3:42 AM

Kinda late, but welcome back, Mich. :-) (they've been good, promise! hehehe) (*

GoatBoy ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 2:45 PM

what you need is a home LAN. you've got to be able to plug your comp into your book somehow.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 2:55 PM

I thought of that goatboy, and both computers have networking capabilities...just didn't have the time or brain energy to try and figure out how to connect the two...I know I need some kind of wire to connect them....but uhh....what would that be?

--- michelleamarante.com

JordyArt ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 3:04 PM

It would be long twisted metal strands with a plastic coating and usually a plug of some sort or another on each end. "Wire" is actually the technical term, I believe. :) (",)

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 3:17 PM

Uhhh....duh Jordy....wire schmire...I did say wire, read my post again....I asked what kind of wire.

--- michelleamarante.com

JordyArt ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 3:34 PM

DUH MICHELLE - THE KIND WITH LONG TWISTED STRANDS OF METAL INSIDE.......... !!!!!! You been dying your hair blonde? he he he he he he he (",)

JordyArt ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 3:36 PM

jordy glances around nervously to make sure Cynlee ain't around

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 3:43 PM

Michelle stomps foot If I had balls they be busted....stop it!! You meanie!

--- michelleamarante.com

GoatBoy ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 5:11 PM

csa type pcc f14 ll80671 etl verivfied to tia/eia 568a iso/iec 11801 www.belkin.com. hmm, that's what mine says on it, it goes on but i'm prety sure it's a cat5 cable. basicly, if they both have a lan plug and xp, you should be able to plug them in and go, older versions are more complicated. unless you have a mac... bah, then i can not help you farther.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 5:19 PM

See that's the kind of info I was looking for....but with a little research I can find out specifics... I'm just being lazy ya see... Thanks Goatboy!

--- michelleamarante.com

GoatBoy ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 5:30 PM

ok i found it. right click on the "my computer" icon, clck properties, pick the "computer name" tab. where it says "to rename this computer or join a donmain, click change." click "change". now in this window make shure the workgroup is the same on both computers. the only other thigyou should have to do is share the folder the pic's are in on the book. then go to 'My network places" (desktop icon) and it should work... i think. if i'm missing something someone els will fill it in i'm sure. hope this helps.

Trinitonesounds ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 12:54 AM

I should add that if your just connecting the two computers together (directly), the cable you want is called a "crossover cable". Goatboy was right about the type being CAT5. If you need help connecting them, just ask. /kurtis

JordyArt ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 1:07 PM

I was right, though. (",)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.