Sat, Sep 21, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:40 pm)

Subject: Need Help with Figure Creation

Wampyir ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2000 at 8:37 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 8:39 PM

Hi, all. I finally bit the bullet and am working my way through how to create a Poser figure the RD5 way like it is in the Poser 4 manual. I've hit a snag on the face part--I'm trying to detach the eyes from the mouth and it tells me to "Detach Polygons" under the Selection menu, but no such command exists. I'm using RD5 5.0.2. Has anyone out there worked through this tutorial who could help me out? There seem to be a lot of discrepencies between the text and the way things really work in RD5. Thanks for any and all assistance.

Viomar ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2000 at 10:25 AM

I might be wrong here(So anyone correct me), But the eyes are already seperate from the head...

ClintH ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2000 at 5:12 PM

Wampyir - Yea - There are some problems with the tutorial and instructions in the documentation. In RDS 5.x with the Mouth/Eyes part inside the MFM (Mesh Form Modeler) you need to detach the Eyes from the Mouth. You know that already.. ;) Just bring the part (mouth and eyes polymesh)into the MFM. Then select the Mouth and Eyes polymesh...I assume they are a single polymesh. Then have the pointer tool selected, while holding down either Alt or Shift I cant remember which, its one or the other..(on the PC..no clue on the MAC)drag a box around the area (Polygons) you want to DE-Select. You will now be De-Selecting Polygons from the Polymesh. Try De-Selecting both Eyes and leaving only the mouth selected. Now go up to the PolyMesh pulldown menu and select Detach Polygons. RDS should now give you a Mouth polymesh object and a Eyes polymesh object. Now select the Eyes polymesh object (by double clicking it) and again De-Select a single eyes leaving only one eyes Polygons selected or highlighted. Again select Polymesh then Detach Polygons. You should now have a mouth polymesh object and 2 seperate Eye polymesh objects. You can now select each seperat polymesh to name it. ie : lEye, rEye and mouth. Does that help you along?? If not let me know. Clint - RDS/Carrara Forum Hawkin-Z GraF-X http://www.gw.total-web.net/~chawkins

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2000 at 5:31 PM

heya; if you dont have the 'detatch polygons' thing on your menu, you have the wrong ray dream patch. (that is in the mfm, not in the main window, of course. :) ) you can find the right one if you go to the metacreations ftp site to browse it, not pick a product and hit 'go...' i cant remember if it's under ray dream or under poser, but the description should mention obj operation functionality or some such.

Wampyir ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2000 at 6:20 PM

Thanks, all! I'll give both ideas a try.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.