Sat, Sep 21, 9:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Dreamy Feel?

adam ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2000 at 4:50 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:26 AM

Does anybody know how to make an image look like a dream? A way to make the image look like it's glowing and hazy? Thanx in advance, Adam

Traveler ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2000 at 10:22 PM

Here is one way to do it: -Copy the background layer with the image on it. -On the top layer, apply a gausian blur, adjust the settings to give you a nice blurry look that you like. -Change this to a Screen blend mode. -Merge the layers down -Make a copy of the background again -Change this to multiply blend mode -Merge the layer down. (This last part brings the original brightness, contrast, colors , etc back after the screen blend) -Trav

adam ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2000 at 10:41 PM

Thank you SO much Trav!! It worked out perfectly!

Traveler ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2000 at 10:44 PM

Cool :) You can also add some extra layers in there and apply like the ripple filters or other of the same type. Just remember to keep the screen/multiply balance or your colors will get all messed up.

adam ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2000 at 11:33 PM

Awesome, thanks.

Delrino ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2000 at 1:15 AM

hey friends, whats this "screen blend" and "multiple blend"? can you describe how to choose it from the menus, because i have a german version of PS thanx in advance, Karsten

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2000 at 7:20 AM

Check on your layers palette when you have multiple layers. Spanfarkle<;)>

Delrino ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2000 at 7:24 AM

will do it! thanx spanfarkle.. btw..spanfarkle...is it a little pig with an apple in the mouth? :o) thats what we german call "Spanferkel"?

adam ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2000 at 9:21 AM

Go to "layer options" by clicking the little arrow in the upper right corner of the layers pallete. Make sure you selected a different layer other than the background, otherwise it will be disabled. Then change the mode to "screen" or "multiply". I don't know if it is different for the German version or not, but that's how I do it. =) . Adam

Delrino ( ) posted Wed, 24 May 2000 at 12:09 AM

thanx for explaining Adam, i guess i will find it this way though everything is labeled in german :o) Seeya, Karsten

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.